The input elements of plan stakeholder management consist of a project management plan, stakeholder registry, enterprise environmental factors, and organizational process assets. The tools and techniques comprises of expert judgement, meeting and analytical techniques. Lastly, the outputs are stakeholders’ management plan and project documents (PMBOK, 2013, p. 399) (see figure 2).
Note: Reprinted from " Project Management Institute”, A guide to the project management body of knowledge, Copyright 2013 by Project Management Institute, Inc. Reprinted without permission.
Figure 2. 13.2 Plan Stakeholder process
I. Project Management Plan
The project management plan is used to create a collage of management planning documents that is used for standardizing, managing, and regulating project activities (Dow and Taylor 2015, p. 113). Some of the information that are used to develop the plan consists of phased life cycle selection, communication methods, detail approach to end results, contingency plan for changes, and human resources and their responsibilities (PMBOK, 2013).
II. Stakeholder Registry
The Stakeholders Registry is the chief product of the “Identify Stakeholders”. The document requires continuous updates and as the project variable changes throughout the project cycle. The stakeholder register is a widely held communication tool used to identify the customers who have influence on a project and documents the preferred communication preference of each stakeholder (Dow et al., 2015). Table one shows an example of the document contents (see table 1).
Table 1. 15.3 – Example of table of contents for stakeholder register
... middle of paper ...
...cognize stakeholders; the probability of project success will be low if not impossible. Meetings are vital and offer project groups the opportunity to engage each other. All meetings should be well documented and timely distributed, especially the kickoff meeting. Dismissing meetings is akin to dismissing success.
Likewise, continual engagement of stakeholders after a project meeting and all subsequent meetings would be prudent. Using analytical techniques; existing engagement levels of all stakeholders can be matched to the approved engagement levels required for a successful project (PMBOK, 2013). Different classifications for each stakeholder engagement must be understood by the project manager in order to remind attentive to their impact on the project. Using the stakeholder engagement assessment matrix will aid in evaluating levels of engagement (see figure 3).
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Plan Stakeholder Management The input elements of plan stakeholder management consist of a project management plan, stakeholder registry, enterprise environmental factors, and organizational process assets. The tools and techniques comprises of expert judgement, meeting and analytical techniques. Lastly, the outputs are stakeholders’ management plan and project documents (PMBOK, 2013, p. 399) (see figure 2). Note: Reprinted from " Project Management Institute”, A guide to the project management body of knowledge, Copyright 2013 by Project Management Institute, Inc.... [tags: Project management, Management, Planning]
753 words (2.2 pages)
- The purpose of this Project Management Plan (PMP) is to define the approach to be taken by the AMP Canada case study implementing SAP in 1 year time with the vendor – SAP business partner. The issues identified were: - The team implementing the new system were required to do both functional and systematic requirements thus affecting the implementation of the new system - The staff were not well trained in the new system - The user requirements were not taken into consideration thus affecting the purchasing orders, poor management of inventory, the manufacturing and finance department were not integrated.... [tags: Project management, Management, Project, Team]
2642 words (7.5 pages)
- Project planning falls in the Planning Process Group which consists of those processes to establish the projects total scope, define the projects objectives, and courses of action to achieve those objectives. During the planning process, all the documents that are needed to carry the project through the project lifecycle will be developed such as the project management plan. Project management requires repeated feedback loops as additional information becomes available and is better understood. The planning process delineates the strategy, tactics, and path to successfully complete the project.... [tags: Project management, Management]
875 words (2.5 pages)
- Organizing the project communication plan supports the project team in recognizing internal and external stakeholders and improves communication among all members involved in the project. The project manager leads the project development team to organize a communication plan to make sure that an effective communication strategy is put up into the project delivery process. The plan is a structure and should be an active, growing document that can be reviewed when appropriate. The communication plan is a part of the project management plan.... [tags: Project management, Work breakdown structure]
726 words (2.1 pages)
- Portfolio Outline - LAMSS Company Project Management Plan I. Introduction This document provides the Logistics and Mobility Services Support (LAMSS) Company’s project management strategy to address the ABC Cargo Shipping and Receiving Company’s operational requirements. The purpose of this LAMSS’s project management plan (PMP) is to outline ABC’s operational need or problem, and to define the project’s scope, concept of operations, technical approach, management activities, potential risks, stakeholders’ roles and responsibilities, scheduling, and reporting (CSU-Global, 2016).... [tags: Project management, Management, Logistics]
865 words (2.5 pages)
- In the business case, the project team assured that the current business environment, shortfalls in the service and finally the desired end state from business perspective are accurate. This helped us to define the performance indicators for the new project that served us in the functional verification of the project during the implementation phase. These details were captured into the Project Management Plan (PMP) to execute, monitor and control the project. To deliver the project successfully on budget and on time, my team used Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) tool to control project data and process, defining and tracking program deliverables and resource management against the budget.... [tags: Project management, Management, Risk]
728 words (2.1 pages)
- For every organization, they have their own organizational goals and standards. So based on their goals and standards they have different things to do. The PMBOK® Guide consists of five process groups or phases which are Initiating, planning, executing, monitoring and controlling, closing phases these are the standard practices for a project. Initiating process (Schwalbe, 2014): In initiating process phase, the project is defined and given approval for the project. This process is done in each and every phase.... [tags: Project management, Management, Unified Process]
717 words (2 pages)
- Hi, What are some good strategies for software project implementation. ' 'Project Managers ' ' who manage new implementations use project plans to document the project’s tasks, the responsibility for each task and associated target dates and task dependencies on each other. Project Managers use this document to gain awareness of what tasks need to be accomplished and the status of the project at any given time. They are often responsible for the overall implementation and providing project status communication to stakeholders and team members.... [tags: Project management, Project plan, Management]
702 words (2 pages)
- Program Management Plan Program management is the consistent management of a set of interrelated projects designed to accomplish a single outcome. Through Apple’s innovative enterprise approach, we seek to generate personal computing products which have higher quality at lower unit costs than the previously available one. In order to manage projects effectively in the program, • Apple aims to minimize the uncertainty in the innovative process while making sure the abilities and incentives of executives who exercise strategic control over the projects.... [tags: Project management, Management, Planning]
735 words (2.1 pages)
- A project’s life cycle: a piece of cake Many projects vary from large commercial endeavors to small hobby-like activities. Baking a cake can be seen as a casual activity by many, however, due to its process it should be considered a project. After all, there are numerous steps that are taken to accomplish such a simple project. On a grander scale, building a hospital should not be left to the inexperienced since there is very little room for mistakes. A project is defined as a temporary endeavor undertaken to create a unique product, service, or result (Meredith & Mantel Jr., 2012).... [tags: Project management, Management, Plan, Project]
725 words (2.1 pages)