A degree in management could lead in me in many different directions. One career option is human resources management. As a human resources manager, I would be responsible for the company’s employee organization, employee services, such as training and payroll, interviewing and hiring new employees, and administering company policies ("What Human Resources Managers Do"). Another optional career path is management analysis. As a management analyst, I would work for a consulting company; a management analyst evaluates the issues in other companies and recommends strategies to fix problems in areas such as finance, marketing, or personnel (“What Management Analysts Do”). Both of these are fine career paths for me upon graduating from the Coles College of Business. However, I have come to Kennesaw State University with a specific career path in mind.
I am pursuing a management degree to be a small business owner. I currently run an e-commerce business selling jewelry and small accessories. As ...
... middle of paper ...
...n order to run a successful business.
Since I have already started my business, it is important to tailor my undergraduate experience to the areas in which I see a need for improvement. I can set myself up for success by diversifying my course load throughout my time at Kennesaw State University. For example, if I take all marketing classes in one semester, I may be missing out on important and useful information from a finance class that could benefit me during that time. By taking a variety of courses at once, I can satisfy all of my degree requirements as well as immediately implement the knowledge I have gained from each area into my small business.
Despite having a career as an artist, I recognize the importance of having a background in business, and I know that the Coles College will give me the tools I need to succeed. I look forward to beginning my journey.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- I will pursue a Bachelor’s Degree of Science in Business Management and Economics with a concentration in Accounting. Completion of these studies at Empire State College will allow me to achieve my personal and professional goals without compromising my life’s responsibilities. The goals that I have planned for myself are quite common. The main goal is to achieve the self-confidence and self-satisfaction derived from becoming an educated individual with increased knowledge and abilities. Educationally, I wish to build upon my past experiences and capabilities.... [tags: goals, Accounting, Economics, Bachelor´s Degree]
1348 words (3.9 pages)
- Economics: Preparing Young Adults for the Real World As a senior in high school, college seemed like a right of passage. The excitement I felt when I received acceptance letters from both universities I applied to was indescribable. During the application process, I was hopeful that the financial aspect of college would work itself out. This could not be farther from the truth. Although I had taken a seminar covering economics, ecology, and ethics, it did not prepare me for managing finances. By the end of my freshman year, I will have accumulated over 5,000 dollars of debt.... [tags: Economics, Economy, Social sciences, Finance]
1414 words (4 pages)
- The Importance of a College Education By not attending college, you may get a year 's rest and a chance to think your decisions through, but if you ever do decide to attend college, you will miss out on a lot of opportunities as well. I think you should consider going to college rather than driving the open road after High School. The information you 've learned in High School will be more fresh in your mind now than 1 year from now. You have passed 12 years of schooling, yet now you may believe it is time to rest and see other places and people for a year or more before attempting college.... [tags: Family, High school, Economics, College]
1029 words (2.9 pages)
- My Interest in Law My interest in reading law stems from an early exposure to the subject. I sometimes accompanied my grandfather to courts and was quick to later on imitate the inquisitive, argumentative, critical as well as negotiating characters of lawyers. Eventually, I decided I would become one. My chosen subjects have always reflected this decision and in my years 10 and 11, I won the Best-in-History award, while being highly competitive in English Language and Literature, Government and Religious Studies.... [tags: Law College Admissions Essays]
555 words (1.6 pages)
- While other children watched their favorite cartoon or played their favorite video game, reading business articles and watching the fluctuations seen in the stock market enthralled me. Renowned leaders in the business world have always been of interest to me, specifically Warren Buffet. My favorite quote by Buffet is “It’s better to hang out with people better than you. Pick out associates whose behavior is better than you and you’ll drift in that direction.” By attending CMU, I would personify this quote.... [tags: global electronics, mba, academics]
661 words (1.9 pages)
- The Practice of Law Will Allow Me to Mobilize Individuals and Communities Rowing is God's sport. The crisp early morning air, mist-shrouded hills, shells gliding silently on the glassy surface, oars slicing in unison. For casual observers, time slows and they become immersed in art. An ardent rower, I experience this beauty, but I also know that strength, courage and endurance command the shell, as in life. Silence. White knuckles and callused palms suffocate the oar. In anticipation, my breathing, even my pumping heart stops.... [tags: Law College Admissions Essays]
883 words (2.5 pages)
- A Stepping Stone for Others I have always had a passion to learn. My interest is in political theory and economics, hoping someday to become a lawyer and stateswoman. I realize that in order to reach any of these goals, a college degree is vital. When I in turn reach my goals, I will use them to encourage and uplift my community by investing my time, money, energy, and influence to become a stepping stone for others. I feel the most important step in giving back to the community is to stay in the community.... [tags: College Admissions Essays]
392 words (1.1 pages)
- ... The government suffers the cost of law enforcement, prevention and administrating the insurance system (Easton). Drinking alcohol results in a reduced workforce as a consequence of death or premature retirement and absence due to injury or sickness. The most significant sectors that get affected by the consumption of alcohol would be the health system, at every level from prevention to higher tertiary spheres to nursing care later on, the social security or other forms of public income maintenance, traffic management, and also to policing, justice and corrections.... [tags: drunk individuals, legal drinking age]
948 words (2.7 pages)
- Homework #4 West Virginia University offers a total of one-hundred and thirty three majors, but I have chosen to purse the college of Business and Economics major Management Information Systems. Management Information Systems is the study of people, data, and technology in a business oriented environment. With this major there are three different integrations you can make your focus. These integrations include Business, Technology, or Integrated which is a middle between the both. I plan to use this degree to get into the Business industry, but I do not yet know if I want to be a Technology consultant or someone who manages the data within a corporation.... [tags: Management, Business]
1035 words (3 pages)
- Economics Plan for a Business ROUND 1 I decided to produce seven (7) units based on the initial guidance of requiring less than 20 units being produced. The guidance also stated that in past production cycles I produced between 1-10 units. The next factor was the Market Research and the composition of a total of six companies that manufacture the same product. This led me to determine that the market demand forecast would be between $50K and $100K per unit considering all six companies. Upon selecting the total number of units seven and the other companies populated with lesser units I determined that I would receive the larger market share overall.... [tags: Business Economics Plan]
1265 words (3.6 pages)