He was pretty tall and had medium length hair that had a hint of red in it. Just the way his face was shaped made him look mean. His eyes seemed to be a darker black than Shay’s were. I knew that he wasn’t going give me a warm welcoming to the wolf family. Emile looked like he was in his late thirties.
I didn’t know that Shay’s real name was Shane, but right now I couldn’t think about it because Emile was looking me up and down like I was some science project.
Emile took four long strides before he was right in front of me. I was still up on the counter so I was a little bit taller than he was, but he was still really scary.
“Hmmmm yeah she will look really nice in my strip club right next to Ivy on that stage.” He rubbed his chin like he was just picturing it.
“Excuse me?” I asked, disbelieving.
“Aubrey don’t…..” Shay started, but Emile cut him off.
“What were you going to say, darling?” He asked stepping really close to me. I crossed my legs and scooted back on the counter.
“I’m not a fucking stripper and you are not the boss of me. Why don’t you just leave Shay the hell alone so we can live without the fear that you will murder him for every wrong step he makes!” I got progressively louder as I talked and I could see Shay wince in the corner of my eyes. I knew I was walking a very thin line between safe and dead.
“It was a joke, Bre. Can I call you Bre? You see, I have heard from my little birdie that Shay has changed you into a Wilcze Panna, is what I’m hearing correct?” Emile asked taking a step back so that he could see both Shay and I.
I shot a quick glance at Shay but his expression was stone hard and I couldn’t read it. So I just went with...
... middle of paper ...
...l and I shuddered.
“Listen Axel, Emile knows that I was lying to him about that and once he makes sure that he is one hundred percent positive that I was lying, he will come right back to nag at me. I bet he will just ask Caleb a couple of questions then let him go. Just relax man.” Shay said as Axel loosened his grip on Shay’s shirt. I let out a relieved breath that I didn’t know I was holding.
“If he doesn’t come back or if he comes back with anymore than a couple of scratches, I’m calling an Alpha oath.” Axel said in an evil voice.
Shay cut his palm open and Axel did the same. They did a blood swear but they started to speak in Polish.
Axel nodded and walked out of the house slamming the door behind him.
“What’s an Alpha oath?” I asked wearily.
“If Caleb comes back with any more than a couple of scratches and bruises then Axel and I will fight to the death.”
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The beginning was an old man full of stories humming a forgotten tune. He arrived with the sunset walking slowly, swaying from side to side like a ship along the sea. He walked on long muscular legs his back refusing time 's heavy burden. His face was stern and handsome with thick angled lines running from his cheekbones to his jaw line. He wore loose linen pants and a long tunic the color of the rich red earth. His feet were bare and he leaned lightly on a polished staff. Everyone turned following his impressive figure with their eyes, bowed in reverence at his white hair and wrinkled skin.... [tags: Family, Earth, Boy, Desert]
1917 words (5.5 pages)
- Death Cannot Be Escaped- Original Writing There was once a man called Jack and he loved life so much he never wanted to die. He and his friends all lived in a little valley away from everybody. One day Jack decided to go see the lady of the cave to ask if there was any way in which he could live forever. When he got there the woman said, “I know why you have come.” Jack thought this woman was kind of scary but Jack didn’t mind at all and she said, “But there is nothing I can do for you.... [tags: Papers]
446 words (1.3 pages)
- Life Means Life - Original Writing The sly shoves and kicks from policemen didn't bother me. It was the look on their faces. They turned up their noses as if the smell of me was too foul to endure. Their eyes seemed to darken at the sight of me. The first time it really hit me that I was going to spend the rest of my life in prison was only when they took away my personal belongings. Everything that gave me a sense of identity, of individuality was carefully listed and placed into that blue plastic box - a Mars bar which I have loved since I was a little lad; my keys that never worked first time you twisted them in the lock; my worn and familiar clothes that I re... [tags: Papers]
1076 words (3.1 pages)
- The Best Day of their Life - Original Writing The ground was set with fresh frost from the cool night before. Ice covered the once lively pond, with only the lone duck perched on the ice. Icicles hung from the church roof like the cold fingers of the dead, pointing at the floor, and the final destination of all. The headstones of all the patrons of the church lay scattered about the graveyard, all of them in a bad state of disrepair. Some had been vandalised, many had just fallen foul of time.... [tags: Papers]
988 words (2.8 pages)
- Original Writing The Rink, a place of glory, and defeat, a place of love, and hate. As you walked down the tiled corridor, your foot steps echo back and forth, your breath joins the echoing so the foot steps are not lonely. You are walking across at fast pace but as you go past there is pictures nailed up on the wall showing faces of delight. Looking at these pictures you hear shouting and cheering, it was the caught moment of past glory; it was a picture of you. There in fount of you there is a brass shiny door knob, you place your worn hand on it and as you do there is a white flash.... [tags: Free Essays]
407 words (1.2 pages)
- Original Writing Peace, so nice to have but so difficult to achieve. That’s all I ask for in life. Yesterday, I woke up as the first sunrays stroked my eyes. Once again I was getting ready for another torrid and exhausting day.... [tags: Papers]
530 words (1.5 pages)
- Original Writing I looked out onto an ocean of glistening white snow, with its deceiving angelic like pureness, the view took my breath away and I had to steady myself as I felt slightly light headed. It was the perfect picture, although no camera would be able to capture its beauty, its essence.... [tags: Papers]
1968 words (5.6 pages)
- Original Writing The winter was reigning in full swing, freezing mercilessly everything in its way. It was the dead of night. The air was very still – the wind had veered to north and stopped suddenly, bringing clear skies with the clusters of celestial bodies in the ever-expanding scenery of the universe.... [tags: Papers]
982 words (2.8 pages)
- Original Writing A sharp rap on the door brought Herbert out of his daydream. "Come on," Frank shouted at the door, impatient to be off, "We've got to get down to the signing up post- there's already a huge crowd!" Herbert sat up straight; he had forgotten all about it. He grabbed his cap and boots on his way to the door where Frank and William, the twins from next door-but-one, were waiting. He flung open the door and leaned against the door frame to put his boots on. Frank was itching to get moving: he'd been waiting far too long to join the army (in his eyes, not his Ma's), all his older brothers had joined up long before.... [tags: Papers]
689 words (2 pages)
- Original Writing At the end of the corridor, the closed door was waiting. It had been closed for many years. The room which patiently waited behind it had a haunting past, but this evening the door had to be opened. It was nearing the end of the eighteenth century. The door and it's long, endless corridor were part of an enourmous country house, a very old house which had seen many new family members, many deaths, many betrayals and knew many secrets. The family decided it was time to move on to a new place.... [tags: Papers]
889 words (2.5 pages)