Malaysia has developed Knowledge Management program since 1957 after Independence Day. In early stage 1970’s development a growth was concentrated in the agriculture and natural resources sectors. The official of Knowledge Economy started a few years ago by Former Minister of Malaysia Tun Dr. Mahathir Mohamad emphasised the knowledge can growth productivity in Knowledge rich economies. In their speech mentioned skill and speed comes from the depth of knowledge that one has of the different elements and technology capacity can be made to work yield desired result.
One of the most important to ensure successful KM an organization needs to encourage individuals in the organization to share not only their explicit knowledge but also the tacit knowledge that they have. Smith (2001) was argued if the management does make clear statement employees are likely to share only explicit knowledge because it is easier to encourage the knowledge. Implementing a KM system can be complex and dynamic, no matter how well planned and developed as it involves people and other organizational factors (Bixler, 2002).
B. WHAT IS KNOWLEDGE MANAGEMENT?
Many large, medium and small organizations are now engaging in KM in order to gain a competitive advantage in the market place. KM has a significant influence on the success or failure of organizations. According to Call (2005), many different definitions exist for KM and it is often defined as anything someone or organization wants it to be in order to understand the basis of KM at least a broad definition of knowledge. It is a common belief that by leveraging knowledge, an organization can stay competitive in the more globally oriented market of today.
Gartner Group Inc. (1996)...
... middle of paper ...
...iatives have centered on nation building, enhancement of the marketplace, promotion of the workplace, customer care, education, community support and environmental conservation to achieve multiple objectives such as community development, human capital development and environmental conservation. As a long-term business strategy, they will continue to invest in staff development to enhance staff core competencies to sustain superior performance and prepare them for career progression.
3. Overview activity based Knowledge Management approach
The focus of the Public Bank’s KM initiatives during 2004 shifted from infrastructure development to the more challenging task of embedding knowledge processes within the Bank’s business process operations. Latest KM initiatives activity was launched in order to make KM a natural part of all employees daily activities.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Malaysia’s Democracy and Development State This essay aims to analyze the Malaysia’s democracy over the last 20 years and evaluate the relationship between Malaysia’s politics and economic development. Malaysia is one of the most developed countries in Southeast Asia, surpassed in per capita income only by Singapore and the small but oil-rich sultanate of Brunei Darussalam. In developing its economy, Malaysia originally relied on commodity exports of rubber, tin, palm oil, and petroleum. However, recently, it gained competitiveness in export manufactures, especially in the electronics sector.... [tags: Malaysia, Mahathir bin Mohamad]
2224 words (6.4 pages)
- Neighboring countries Singapore and Malaysia may be geographically within spitting distance but their economic polices, corporate culture, future goals and many more are independent. According to a book written by Mahathir Mohamad, Malaysia views Singapore as a Chinese nation while they consider Malaysia primarily as the Malay state. (Mohamad, 2005) One factor these two nations share in common is the pluralistic feature. Even though each has a different dominant race, both nations comprise of similar races from similar backgrounds but different perspectives mostly due to the influence of how each nation or leader governs their economic and social policy towards a better development of the ov... [tags: Economic Analysis, Malaysia]
2097 words (6 pages)
- 1.0 Introduction Rapid population growth and increasing urbanization have triggers increases in demand for real property. These developments ultimate translate to the responsibility of local authority in providing facilities for the public. Therefore, local government need some sources to provide these facilities. Basically local government income comes from taxes, fees and fines. Property taxes are the largest fund and backbone of municipal finance which is used to provide amenities and services.... [tags: Government, Malaysia's Real Property]
1696 words (4.8 pages)
- Introduction I would like to do the research paper in the external environment analysis before decide to open the Disney theme park in Johor Bahru, Malaysia. Johor Bahru is the capital city of the Johor state of Malaysia. Johor Bahru city receives about 16 million tourists annually (Wonderful Malaysia). Johor is connected by two bridges with neighboring Singapore country, which bring Johor into the biggest financial center in Malaysia. Culture Malaysia is a highly multicultural country such as Malaysians, Chinese and Indians.... [tags: Malaysia, Singapore, The Walt Disney Company]
1608 words (4.6 pages)
- Every organization has its own culture and structure that shape the entire performance of the organization. In this case, Malaysia Airlines Company indeed has changes almost the entire expect such as CEO, retrenched of employees and by introducing the concept of merger. MAS used to be the top airline services before the incident such as MH370 and MH17. That where the MAS organization decided to replace the old CEO to New CEO named Christopher Muller. Muller as the new CEO have officially effective in May 1, thus after for seeing the both incidents, he immediately come out with a strategic plan to remake the new look of MAB company.... [tags: Airline, Malaysia Airlines, Singapore Airlines]
1219 words (3.5 pages)
- INTRODUCTION In the new era millennium with the explosion of digital connectivity Malaysian government is using ICT application by launching the Knowledge Management Strategic Master Plan aiming in transform Malaysia to increase productivity, improve accountability, enhance transparency and facilitate public sector. Improved knowledge management is essential to governmental agencies at the national, regional or local rivals, because governmental organizations are basically knowledge-based organizations.... [tags: Technology, Digital Connectivity, Malaysia]
1623 words (4.6 pages)
- Tourism is a Good Economic Development Strategy for Malaysia Currently, tourism has been a significant industry globally. According to the United Nations World Tourism Organization (UNWTO), over the past six decades, tourism has become one of the largest and fastest growing economic sectors in the world (Dwyer & Spurr, 2010). Tourism, as a kind of the third industry, is especially popular and has also been the most important economic sources in Southeast Asian countries because of the its rich tourism resources.... [tags: Tourism, World Tourism Organization, Malaysia]
1068 words (3.1 pages)
- I am Hanisah. I was born on May 12, 1997 which means I am 19 this year. I am an international student from Malaysia. If you know nothing about Malaysia, let me tell you some facts. Malaysia is one of the Southeast Asia countries. We had hot weather throughout the year. That’s why I have never see a snow before. My father’s name is Mohamed Haris. He is a veterinary officer while my mother is a mathematics teacher. Her name is Norlela. I’m the first child in my family of four siblings and we’re all girls.... [tags: Family, Cooking, Culinary art, Malaysia]
720 words (2.1 pages)
- The Internet Infra-structure The internet usage is growing very rapidly in Malaysia in the recent years. The internet is well-known as JARING (Joint Advanced Research Networking) in Malaysia. Currently, MIMOS (Malaysian Institute of Microelectronics Systems), a governemt agency is overall maintaining and responsible for the the network backbone for JARING. Due to the rapid growth, the director-general of MIMOS Dr Tengku Mohamed Azzman Shariffadeen has made a press statement lately that under the Seventh Malaysia Plan, the speed of the network will be upgraded to about 20 to 300 times.... [tags: Malaysia Internet Business]
1617 words (4.6 pages)
- A. INTRODUCTION Malaysia has developed Knowledge Management program since 1957 after Independence Day. In early stage 1970’s development a growth was concentrated in the agriculture and natural resources sectors. The official of Knowledge Economy started a few years ago by Former Minister of Malaysia Tun Dr. Mahathir Mohamad emphasised the knowledge can growth productivity in Knowledge rich economies. In their speech mentioned skill and speed comes from the depth of knowledge that one has of the different elements and technology capacity can be made to work yield desired result.... [tags: Knowledge Management]
2448 words (7 pages)