Makeup setting spray is a technologically advanced mist that comes in a bottle with a spray nozzle attached to it. It can be bought with hypoallergenic qualities and has a wide variety of properties to fit all skin types. (Kassi, April 26, 2014) Most mists claim to hold makeup in place for 16 hours. (Sephora, 2014) Makeup setter is said to work by using temperature control technology to keep the heat away from the skin by absorbing the moisture from the skin and slowly evaporating over the course of 16 hours. (Denise Codon, 2013) Setting sprays have been found up to $30.
The purpose of this experiment is to test the effectiveness of setting sprays versus the effectiveness of spraying hairspray in it’s place to hold a person’s makeup in place. Hairspray has been used for years to hold performers makeup in place through the entire show. Hairspray is a cheaper alternative to makeup setters and is something that is in most households. This project is composed to compare the results of using hairspray and using a setting spray to decide if the results are worth the extra cost.
Setting spray claims to be a hairspray for the face. (Kassi, 1 April 26, 2014) Can hairspray be used in the place of setting spray? It is predicted that hairspray works just as well, or better than a setting spray because it is already intended to hold things in place. It is only being moved from one protein to another. Hairspray creates a film or barrier around hair that holds it in place and it is believed that hairspray may have the same effect on skin.
To start the procedure, one would need a high- quality camera, hairspray, setting spray, a single spot with altering lighting and one constant makeup routine through the entire exper...
... middle of paper ...
...akeup Routine?" Delicate Caress Cosmetics RSS. Denise Codon, 01 Jan. 2013. Web. 26 Apr. 2014.
Website Edit Delete
Jackson, India J. "Are Makeup Setting Sprays Worth The Investment?" Glamour. Glamour.com, 9 Mar. 2012. Web. 26 Apr. 2014.
Website Edit Delete
Kassi. "Dupe War #5 - Setting Spray." Your Fairy Godmother. FairyGodmotherBeautyBlog.com, 26 Apr. 2014. Web. 26 Apr. 2014.
Website Edit Delete
Sephora. "Sephora: Urban Decay : All Nighter Long-Lasting Makeup Setting Spray." Sephora. Sephora.com, 1 Jan. 2014. Web. 26 Apr. 2014.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Introduction Animal testing has continued to be used throughout the makeup industry, with over 200 main stream brands actively testing on animals (PeTA, 2012). Some of which include prestigious brands such as Clinique, Elizabeth Arden and Lancôme. The need for change comes as animals are continuously being exploited by these large companies. For all the testing of cosmetics and toiletry products on animals has been banned in the UK, laboratories that use mice, rats, birds, reptiles and amphibians are exempted from the minimal protections under the Animal Welfare Act (AWA).... [tags: Cosmetic, Toiletry Products, Testing, Makeup]
2317 words (6.6 pages)
- Once that a juvenile needs to be interviewed in regards to the investigation of a fire the interview should be done in a quiet area or room free of noise, distractions, and interruptions. One mindset of the juvenile fire setter is to demonstrate that authority figures have no impact on them and will demonstrate a “bad attitude”. The ability to annoy and frustrate an investigator is rewarding to them. One way to counteract this tactic is to ignore it as best as possible. The investigator needs to stay on track and keep the focus on the goal of getting the needed information.... [tags: Schizophrenia, Psychosis, Hallucination, Delusion]
1885 words (5.4 pages)
- When I was little I had the cleché experience of watching my mom put her makeup on and her dusting her bright pink blush over cheeks. From there on I loved makeup and learning how to use it to enhance the natural beauty, and also the intensity and colorful side of the world. With makeup you can be anything or anyone you want. Now as I am 19 I play with makeup when I get bored or when I want to just feel good about who I am. I can remember when I was little I would always ask my mom when I could wear makeup, she would always say that I could when I get bigger, than one year at Christmas I got my first makeup set, although it was like kids and nothing was high quality and the lipsticks were pr... [tags: Cosmetics, Cosmetology, Skin, Human skin color]
1453 words (4.2 pages)
- Make up has been around for about 12 thousand years. Woman use makeup to make them look more beautiful, woman now and back that weren’t happy with their natural beauty so they chose to event or come up with something that would make them beautiful. Woman got the idea that they would use some things form nature that they found and smashed it or do something to but on their face. At first it was a poisons thing to use but now a days makeup have reached a point that it’s not dangers to put on now. In this paper making to talk about the different make up their development of each.... [tags: women, beauty, lipstick, Egyptians, cosmetics]
1233 words (3.5 pages)
- Have you ever thought about who created makeup. Or how it was created. When, where and how. Why was it created. How has it changed over time. Has it affected anyone. Well I’m going to tell you some of it. Make up wasn’t just created by powder or anything small and simple like that, no. Makeup actually has a lot of its own differences. In 180 BCE was when makeup had first had started but it wasn’t commonly used as much as then. People would limit the use of makeup because it was so expensive and hard to get and or find.... [tags: beauty, women, skin, face, ingredients, Egyptians]
1278 words (3.7 pages)
- Starting at the age of 11, there was this young girl who began to get really interested into makeup. Her dad though, did not really like makeup at all so she snuck it on whenever she got to school and made sure she took it off either while she and her brothers walked home or before her dad came to pick her up. This young girl was only in the 6th grade, which is kind of reasonable now that she thinks back on it, but when she was 11 she thought it was the most unfair thing; why stop her from doing something she like that expresses herself and who she am as a person.... [tags: Cosmetics, Make-up artist, Want, Need]
1778 words (5.1 pages)
- An Experience to Remember: No Makeup I had the pleasure of taking a substance abuse class, the topics discussed were alcohol and various drug usage. This class was very eye opening and it made relevant how one could become easily addicted to these substances. Thinking of past experiences with family and friends, who used drugs and alcohol I learned who was susceptible to becoming addicted and why. Medically speaking, there is a genetic component in place that contributes to an individual who is an alcoholic.... [tags: Drug addiction, Addiction, Cosmetics]
1029 words (2.9 pages)
- 5 Fall And Winter Makeup Trends Overview It’s so unfortunate that we had to surrender to reality because the last days of last summer took away every trace of our tan. Luckily, we got the opportunity to try the latest makeup trends to enhance our looks. In order to outline the makeup for the fall winter trends 2015, let’s start with the eyes by analyzing the fashion shows and spotted 5 eye makeup trends we should copy. You will definitely one that suits your needs. If not, you will make some improvements to look attractive and unique in your own way.... [tags: Cosmetics, Eye, Eyelid]
740 words (2.1 pages)
- The Makeup of Congress When discussing the makeup of Congress, one must first look to the intent of the framers around creating a bicameral legislature. This would take me to the first section of our class regarding the debates the founding fathers had about equal representation of the states in the Congress. Edmund Randolph of Virginia was the first to offer a suggestion, known as the “Virginia Plan”, that addressed representation. His plan provided for a system of representation based on the population of each state or the proportion of each state’s revenue contribution, or both.... [tags: Papers]
1133 words (3.2 pages)
- Makeup for Performers --------------------- Aging with Grease Makeup. There are a lot of makeup's you can use to produce an aging affect, but I decided to use grease. The grease makeup I used was a skin tone palate by Kryolan. Before doing any makeup techniques I studied the shape and size of my bone structure and my facial features, this is so I knew where to shade and highlight. To create the aging affect I practiced shading and highlighting both on my hand and my face, to do this I used a small-medium sized brush.... [tags: Drama]
572 words (1.6 pages)