All the main streets of the city are lined with bustling shops, businesses, restaurants and pubs. During the Christmas time, the Rotary club in Chichester places a large Christmas tree near the cross at the nave of the city. The colorful lights looming over the streets emit a magical glow, which lights the streets after sun down. This city offers numerous eye-catching places. Following are the top ten phenomenal places you must not miss out.
1. Chichester Cathedral
This cathedral in Chichester is the archetypal English cathedral by architectural historian Nikolaus Pevsner. It has the combination of Norman arcades in the nave and choir of Early English architecture. This cathedral is the medieval period cathedral in England with a separate bell tower, and it is visible from the sea. The Cathedral of the Holy Trinity at Chichester was founded in 1075. The bishop of Chicester St. Richard was buried in the cathedral. His shrine was accepted as a pilgrimage until it faced destruction in 1538, during the first stages of the English Reformation. You can enjoy some exciting pieces of trivia. The St. Mary's Hospital Almshouses in Chichester is linked to the cathedral. It is considered the old most in Britain, back in the 13th century. The nave of Chichester Cathedral is extremely unusual. The aisles of the cathedral were doubled in the 13th century. The relics of Roman mosaic movement exist under the floor of the nave. This is visible through a glass window. Being in the core of the city, this masterpiece Cathedral has been a milestone for travelers for over 900 years. The striking spire rises over the Cathedral coastline and is in use for centuries as a navigational aid. The treasures lie i...
... middle of paper ...
10. Weald and Down land Museum
The 40-year-old Weald and Downland museum is a leading museum of historic buildings. The museum is on an area of 50 acre and has 50 historic buildings. These buildings are from the period between 13th and 19th century Britain. The sheer effort of reconstructing historic building is awe-inspiring. However, you will get more because some of these houses also contain farms and workplaces, giving you a taste of the life of that period.
During the visit, you can enjoy some of the activities of the museum. These are designed to give you the impression of being much closer to the lifestyle of the past. There are demonstrators who will go through some of the typical tasks live. As you go through different periods, you will obtain a feeling of how the lifestyle changed over time. Special events are also organized throughout the year.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Nowadays, lower mainland tourist attractions are one of the most attractive tourist destinations for people to go travel. They always locate just beside the big cities, but you can get many special things you can’t get in the big cities, such as the natural environment, local building, fresh air and peaceful feeling. Many people like to relax in the lower mainland tourist attractions at weekend. Vancouver is a city full of good lower mainland tourist attractions. Steveston Village and Deep Cove are two of the most famous lower mainland tourist attractions in Vancouver.... [tags: Canada, tourism]
1062 words (3 pages)
- One of the greatest things about India as a tourist destination is that it's ideal for those who are traveling on in luxury or in a budget. Whatever the case, discover India's best places to stay as you visit its beautiful paradise. The Mercure, Hyderabad The Mercure is that very rare thing in India: a new, clean, comfortable, central hotel with mid-range pricing. The hotel, the restaurant is perfectly acceptable, and there's a local place serving the classic local biryani opposite. Gramam Homestay (Near Kochi, Kerala) Gramam, the beautiful home of Byju and Lyma is located on the banks of the backwaters, in Kumbalangi village about 10 kilometers on the outskirts of Kochi.... [tags: hotel, relaxation, comfort]
537 words (1.5 pages)
- The picturesque region of Valencia is Spain 's third largest city, spreading across 301 miles of the Mediterranean coastline (Valencia, 1993). It has recently been transformed from a provincial and rural city to a major cultural-entertainment tourism destination (Prytherch & Maiques, 2009). Tourists travel for many different reasons, the major motives being culture, sport, events, food and wine, visiting family and friends, business, religion, health and education (Page & Connell, 2010). This essay will discuss why tourist choose to travel to Valencia and how attractions, accessibility, accommodation, awareness and amenities, also known as 'the five A 's, are important to the attractiveness... [tags: Tourism, World Tourism Organization]
795 words (2.3 pages)
- The tourism of a country is based in many factors. International demand usually affects the tourism of a place. Most travellers make several outlines in choosing a good destination. Several choices are usually affected by the born of their natural surroundings at home. Too much familiarity usually makes the tourists want to discover and experience a different environment. Each person has a different personalities that make them different from all tourists.The research paper aims to make a clear overview of the perception and preference of different individuals.... [tags: tourist destination, cultural tourism, tourists]
1786 words (5.1 pages)
- Switzerland as a perfect travel destination is always flooded with tourists from all walks of life but it is getting more and more accolade among young honeymooners who prefer it as one of the most romantic places on earth to start their new life. This small coveted European nation has everything on its platter to cater tourists interests especially honeymooners. Its snowcapped mountain peaks, thick alpine forest, scenic cities and country sides along with warm hospitable people make it an ideal place to enjoy a perfect honeymoon period.... [tags: Honeymoons, Tourist Attractions]
906 words (2.6 pages)
- At times The Accidental Tourist presents its self as a gentle comedy. This is shown by the characters humour: the ineffectual Macon and the Brash Muriel, Edward the Neurotic dog, the eccentric Leary's and Julian the playboy courting Rose the old fashioned romantic. There is the amusement value of situations like Macon's method of washing clothes, the impenetrable vaccination', and the disastrous thanks giving turkey. Anne Tyler sees the joke in the human behaviour, and presents it in a way that allows the audience to become engaged and laugh at the characters.... [tags: Comedy Accidental Tourist]
751 words (2.1 pages)
The Relationship Between Gastronomy Tourism and How it Affects the Economic Environment of Tourism Destinations
- In recent years, the rise in gastronomic tourism reflects major economic transformation in major tourism destinations. Gastronomy has become an important attribute to the development of niche travel and tourism destinations. Culinary or gastronomy tourism entails travel based in part or around culinary activities such as visiting the farmers markets, culinary festivals, eating tours, chef demonstrations, cooking classes, wine-country retreats and et cetera. The growing interest in this tourism has encouraged local communities and major destinations alike to support gastronomy tourism through their creativity and business practices.... [tags: attractions, foreigners]
944 words (2.7 pages)
- Introduction Our planet faces serious environmental issue from the over using of the natural resources especially in the tourism field. Even without absorbing the resources, some environments that known for it’s beauty are tourists attractions. There are many people who prefer the natural attractions instead of manmade ones. This thing will increased the arriver in nature places, as a result of that the environmental impacts will increased because of the human use and the bad behavior that human leaves on the environment.... [tags: tourists attractions, rainforests]
1009 words (2.9 pages)
- It's 1934, prohibition is the law, and organized crime is booming. You've been convicted of tax evasion and have spent the last couple years at the Atlanta U.S. Penitentiary. With several thousand dollars stuffed in the hollow handle of your tennis racket, and a warden in your pocket, you've been living life like a king. But all that's about to come to and end, you find yourself standing on Pier 41, Fisherman's Warf, San Francisco bay. It's early morning and the fog obscures your view. As it starts to lift and recede into the ocean, it takes along with it all forms of courage and hope that still remain within you.... [tags: Alcatraz Place Description Essays]
3107 words (8.9 pages)
- Icon Attractions in Alaska There are numerous attractions within the State of Alaska that can be considered Icon Attractions. Statistics have shown that tourists come to Alaska to experience the majestic beauty of its mountains, glaciers and wilderness. They come to witness the phenomenon of the Northern Lights creating amazing patterns across the sky or the Midnight Sun and the spectacular twilights it creates. People want to understand the history, traditions and cultural differences of the Inuit peoples who live in this state and they want to feel the exhilaration of finding gold nuggets in amongst the river rocks.... [tags: national parks, native american culture]
580 words (1.7 pages)