Macklemore’s rise to fame, along with co-artist Ryan Lewis, has no doubt been well-earned. Many of his songs are more about the meaning than the attention, and his original style is one that continues to stamp Macklemore’s signature in the music industry. Macklemore did not just jump out of the sky into fame, however; he had the helping lift of inspiration from Tupac and Digital Underground to boost him over into stardom in the pop industry.
Macklemore did not just grow up straight into fame, for he had to carve out his future the hard way, and because of this past his music is what it is today. In the past Macklemore struggled to overcome a long battle with drugs that was seldom won (Levionson 4). It was fight that he chose even though he could’ve given up, but this part of his past with drug abuse helped him grow as a musician as well as a person. In addition to drug abuse, Macklemore grew up in a family where money was never in abundance making it even harder for him to stay on the right path.
Tupac, one of Macklemore’s biggest inspirations, had a s...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Schindler’s List, Jaws, E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial, and Jurassic Park, notable movies all directed by the inspiring person; Steven Spielberg. He even produced the Transformers series. No one really knows who Steven Spielberg really is, however, everyone is familiar with the movies he has produced and directed. Steven Spielberg was born December 18, 1946 in Cincinnati, Ohio.2 “To deal with stress he would make movies which would be his shield against bullies at school, trouble at home, and any issues he dealt with.”1 He was the oldest child of three sisters.... [tags: movies, entertainment, inspiration]
718 words (2.1 pages)
- At whatever point a man does some work there is dependably a need behind it which persuades him in doing as such. This affecting need is called thought process. Under inspiration, they will to do a work is stimulated the general population by making them feel the rationale behind the work. Inspiration is gotten from "rationale" which implies that inert power in a man which induces him to do a work. In a nutshell, inspiration is that procedure wherein the people are made to perceive their requirements, in the acknowledgment of which, they do diligent work for the enthusiasm of big business, or inspiration implies a procedure which energizes individuals to work for the achievement of a coveted... [tags: Maslow's hierarchy of needs, Motivation]
913 words (2.6 pages)
- Same Love: Be Their Voice Hate, a passionate dislike for something or someone, has taken part of every war in the world, whether it is a political or civil one. Macklemore, the rapper of the song “Same Love”, uses powerful lyrics and imagery in many of his songs. It is in “Same Love” that he raps about a social issue that the world has been dealing with since, some could argue, the beginning of time. In the song “Same Love” he uses his rap to speak to everyone who can make a change in this world.... [tags: Homosexuality, LGBT, Sexual orientation, Gay]
1490 words (4.3 pages)
- We are all the Same In the music video “Same Love” by Macklemore and Ryan Lewis, a boy’s life, from when he was first-born all the way to his wedding, shows the emotions he has from trying to hide his sexuality. The song expresses the struggles and truth behind the judgment of homosexuals. The song being a tremendous supporter for all homosexuals. The quality of production, how the message is shown, and the different view points are some of the ways Ben Haggerty’s “Same Love” has affected his viewers.... [tags: Same-sex marriage, Homosexuality, Marriage]
851 words (2.4 pages)
- In the music video “Same Love” by Macklemore and Ryan Lewis, a boy’s life from when he was first-born all the way to his wedding, shows the emotions he has from trying to hide his sexuality. The song expresses the struggles and truth behind the judgment of homosexuals. The song being a tremendous supporter of all homosexuals. The quality of production, how the message is shown, and the different view points are some of the ways Ben Haggerty’s “Same Love” has affected his viewers. Same Love has talented directors, actors, and artists involved in the music video and made the production quality of the video is wonderfully done.... [tags: Same-sex marriage, Homosexuality, Marriage]
888 words (2.5 pages)
- Most people would agree that the song “Same Love” by Macklemore is a song about gay rights and the need for legislature to pass a law allowing same sex marriage. Upon a closer listen to the lyrics, however, you come to realize that the song is about so much more than the need for a law being passed. Instead it represents what being gay actually means and how wrongfully people are being treated because of the stigma attached to being gay. This essay will argue that the song “Same Love” by Macklemore represents the fact that there is so much more that needs to be done than the legalization of same sex marriage.... [tags: Homosexuality, Sexual orientation]
1304 words (3.7 pages)
- An Inspiration “Just try it. It couldn’t hurt to try,” my high-school advertising teacher constantly reminded me. Mrs. Panarelli wanted me to apply for a scholarship given by the business department in my school. I thought about all the other applicants; I had no chance whatsoever. I decided to express my feelings to her. In doing so I noticed a solemn look come across her face. I asked her what was wrong, and she said, “I don’t want you to be intimidated by the other students, their averages, or their SAT scores; this is a very good opportunity for you.” Finally, she convinced me to apply for it.... [tags: Personal Narrative Writing]
1173 words (3.4 pages)
- The Inspiration of Caedmon The poem "Caedmon," written by Denise Levertov, enlists readers to learn more about God and creation and by doing so expands their understanding of the universe. At one point or another in life, people go through stages where they have no inspiration and sometimes shrink back from something that they think is too complicated to achieve. Therefore, they are limiting themselves and their undeveloped talents, much like Caedmon was before his sudden inspiration by the messenger of God.... [tags: Caedmon Essays]
912 words (2.6 pages)
- Inspiration and Manipulation Emily Dickinson is a poet of great interest because she is one of a handful of artists that “refuse to conform to the Anglo-American literary traditions” (Howe 11). One of the most fascinating aspects of Emily Dickinson’s character is that she willingly shuts her door to the world which ultimately allows her creativity to thrive without criticism. While historical documents allow contemporary readers insight into her life and provide potential reasons for her seclusion, but the best reflection of Dickinson’s character is found in her poetry.... [tags: Essays Papers]
2656 words (7.6 pages)
- Sculpture can date back to ancient times, from the Greeks and Romans to Bernini and Michelangelo. The art of sculpture is a record of human experience. It is the skill of producing in three dimensions representations of natural or imagined forms. It includes sculpture in the round, which can be viewed from any direction, as well as incised relief, in which the lines are cut into a flat surface. It captures war and religion as well as individuals and the abstract. People everywhere have found the need for sculpture, whether it is in work, play, or prayer.... [tags: Visual Arts]
768 words (2.2 pages)