Love has always been very personal and intimate feeling. In one way or another, any poet or writer has ever touched on love, the theme, which stands along with life, death, and other so-called immortal questions of human being. The theme has as many views as there are individuals, therefore the description of love for each poet has its own sound, its own reflection, based on personal emotional experience. I am going to talk about two views love of two Russian poets, Tyutchev and Fet. Although, the love theme is placed on a fundamental niche for both of them, the perspective on love has been variously interpreted not only by revelation of the topic, but also by their moods and accents.
The love theme for Tyutchev is solidly revealed in the collection dedicated to Denisieva, which is also known as ‘diary of love’. Feodor Ivanovich felt in love with young Denisieva, despite of the fact that he was married. He did not even try to conceal his interest in the beautiful lady, therefore the society around them disdained Denisieva’s relationship with one of the most famous poets of Russia fo...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Love has always been very personal and intimate feeling. In one way or another, any poet or writer has ever touched on love, the theme, which stands along with life, death, and other so-called immortal questions of human being. The theme has as many views as there are individuals, therefore the description of love for each poet has its own sound, its own reflection, based on personal emotional experience. I am going to talk about two views love of two Russian poets, Tyutchev and Fet. Although, the love theme is placed on a fundamental niche for both of them, the perspective on love has been variously interpreted not only by revelation of the topic, but also by their moods and accents.... [tags: Poetry, Sonnet, Rhyme, Drama]
734 words (2.1 pages)
- Discuss Lope's handling of the theme of love in Fuenteovejuna Although from first view, Fuenteovejuna does not appear to be a love story, love is a key theme running through. It is important to take into account how this love is portrayed and how it relates to the moral of the story – if, in fact, there is one. Lope de Vega has a clear Golden Age view on this theme and it will be crucial to analyse how the era in which it was written influences how the audience perceived it at the time in comparison with a modern day audience.... [tags: spanish, spanish golden age]
1472 words (4.2 pages)
- In Perrault’s “The Sleeping Beauty in the Woods”, love is a general theme. With a prince finding his princess, the two of them are bound to the lies that come with the choice of their young love. However, this love grows a prince into a king and a princess into a queen. Love sometimes also involves parental involvement. Love is so big sometimes that is seconds as blinders. Being a different type of mother, the former queen has always been seen as a normal person. But, she loses sight of the love she has for her son until a tragic and horrific scene reminds her of what love really is.... [tags: Love, Love Conquers All, Prince, Romance]
1066 words (3 pages)
- The Theme of Love “Romantic love, physical love, unrequited love, obsessive love.” Compare the ways the poets have written about the theme of love, bringing out different aspects of it. In the six poems I have studied, I see a wide range of different types of love mentioned. I will be looking at 3 poems in depth. These are: “Porphyria’s Lover”, written by Robert Browning, “My Last Duchess”, written by the Duke of Ferrara and “To His Coy Mistress”, written by Andrew Marvell. When it comes to romantic love, “To His Coy Mistress” contains some elements of it.... [tags: Love Poetry Literature Essays]
2240 words (6.4 pages)
- Throughout A Burnt Out Case, the theme of love is continually delved into and dissected. Many characters allow their love for things like religion, women, or vocation to lead them astray from what others would consider the “morally right” path. Religion was also a common motif, it’s pros and cons being portrayed through the words and actions of characters like Father Thomas, Doctor Colin, Querry, and Rycker. These two concepts went hand-in-hand to deliver the powerful overall theme; Love is dangerous.... [tags: Love, Marriage, Religion, Equals sign]
1626 words (4.6 pages)
- Love is an important theme in the famous novel Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte. Jane's love for Rochester is clearly noticible throughout the novel. But Jane's true love for Rochster becomes appearent in only a few of her actions and emotions. Although it may seem Rochester manipulated her heart's desire, this can be disproven in her actions towards him. Jane followed her heart in the end, by returning to Rochester. Jane's true love for Roshester becomes appearant during her walks with him at Thornfield.... [tags: essays research papers]
483 words (1.4 pages)
- Lust or Love: An Essay Analyzing the Relationship of Romeo and Juliet in Romeo and Juliet By the end of the play, Romeo and Juliet have completely fallen in love, which ultimately led to their premature deaths; with their relationship beginning as lust and blossoming into love. While Romeo and Juliet's interest in each other starts off as just physical attraction, through spending time together and learning about each other, their relationship transitions into true love because of the constant fear of living without each other.... [tags: Romeo and Juliet, Love, Romance, Lust, Marriage]
1062 words (3 pages)
- The Theme of Love in Poetry For this essay I am going to read and analyse three poems on the theme of love: "Cousin Kate" by Christina Rossetti, "Goodbye" by Anna Landucci, and "The Library of Love" by John Citizen. The three poems are set in different times and show the difference of attitude of love between time periods. In Victorian time the topic of love was very private and was not shown in public. Today's' society is totally different where people will show their love to one another anywhere and freely talk about it to their friends.... [tags: Love Poems Poets Poetry Essays]
1915 words (5.5 pages)
- The Theme of Love in Poetry I have chosen to compare four poems, the first one is 'Porphyrias Lover'. It is written by Robert Browning who died in 1889. The second poem, 'My Last Duchess', is also by Robert Browning. Browning was a great poet in the Victorian age and married Elizabeth Barratt. The third poem is called 'First Love'. It is written by John Clare (1793-1864). The final poem is 'Ballad'. It is an anonymous poem as no-one knows who wrote ballads. This is because they are word of mouth and are passed down through many generations going through minor changes each time and therefore by the end they become a completely different poem to the one in the beginning.... [tags: Love Poetry Poems Robert Browning Essays]
4675 words (13.4 pages)
- The Theme of Love In society today, when someone mentions the word "Love" and are referring to love between two of no relation, it is guaranteed that at least half the people surrounding you will shudder. Whether it be through observation or experience, people have come to learn that Love is far from being the ideal state in which one should live in and, for that matter, many choose to stay away from it. It is known to break hearts, to hurt feelings and, believe it or not, it truly is not always happily ever after.... [tags: Papers]
604 words (1.7 pages)