This story started when my mom and dad ended their relationship. I was in second grade when my parents broke the news to me. Months later, my mom brought this man around. Let’s call him Brian. At seven years old, I was skeptical about Brian. He wasn’t my dad. One day my mom sat me down and told me that she really liked Brian.
In spite of my disliking for Brian, my mom was in love. She was so happy and always had a smile. If you could just see her years ago, the light in her eyes showed how in love she was. Months down the road, their relationship had turned toxic. They would go out and have a good time. That “good time” didn’t last when they came home. I would be in my room across the house and hear yelling and screaming. Alcohol was a poison in our household. Everything bad happened when alcohol was in their system.
One night my mom and Brian were heavily under the influence of alcohol. I heard banging and yelling in the other room. Being so young, I was just used to the drama. I woke up the next morning to my mom crying. During their fight, Brian hit my mom and busted her lip. Later on, Brian had convinced my mom that it was a drunken mistake. He convinced her that he loved her with all of his heart. She believed him and stayed. My mom was blindly in love with a toxic man.
... middle of paper ...
...ng and seen the proof.
During that week, Brian became cold and heartless. My mom wanted to fight for their love but he didn’t want to anymore. He was done with her. My mom didn’t realize her self-worth and drank every single night. She was emotionally unstable; she believed something was wrong with herself. I have never seen my mom’s spirit so low. This man blindsided her. He kicked us out of the house and had his new, young girlfriend move in.
Her love story may have had a terrible ending, but her life story is just now starting. La Rochefoucauld said, “When we are in love, we often doubt what we most believe.” My mom was blindly in love with a man who was not good for her. She doubted all of their fights and arguments. All because of her love for him, she did not realize he was tearing her down in the long run. There are no fairytale ending when it comes to love.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- I decided to write this in pencil, knowing it would have to be transcribed onto a computer later because it seemed natural. I forgot how easy they are to use when time has given me so much technology, time has given me a computer. Natural seems the most appropriate thing to do when referencing a story about love. Love is something ironically so cliché and so important that I always take it for granted, like this beautiful piece of yellow painted wood with a small number two engraved into it. Like love, when using a pencil sometimes mistakes are made, but the eraser like time doesn’t fully cover them up ever.... [tags: A Story About Love]
763 words (2.2 pages)
- The unceasing question of what defines love continually inspires writers to share their perceptions with their audience. Throughout our childhood we are naturally inclined to believe and expect what media depicts for us. Disney movies such as Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, and Snow White all follow the standard plot of a beautiful girl and a handsome young man falling in love without any complexity to their relationship. Their newly discovered love for one another forms quite simply throughout the movie and then they live happily ever after.... [tags: Love, Interpersonal relationship, Romance]
2121 words (6.1 pages)
- ... From that day on, Pluto visited the girl, whose name was Ariana, every day, helping her around the house, walking with her from merchant to merchant, dancing with her on the festivals. As the weeks passed, his two brothers and his father saw the change in Pluto and warned him “You better forget about her. She is a mortal. She will die soon; you can’t make her an immortal and you cannot become a mortal. Save yourself the trouble and leave her now!” However, Pluto did not listen and kept visiting Ariana, even thinking about marrying her.... [tags: warrior, love, inmortal, underworld]
576 words (1.6 pages)
- Daisy is sitting in the back of the bus. She is enjoying the ride and looking out the window. The bus then abruptly stops and she was thrown forward in her seat. Fred then walks on to the bus and sees, that the only seat left is the one next to Daisy.Fred sat down with a huff and he began to make himself comfortable. The bus then began to move and they were back on the road. Five minutes into the ride, Daisy was busy writing her song and then was singing the song quietly to herself. As she is singing, Fred rudely says “do you mind” to Daisy.... [tags: short story]
1957 words (5.6 pages)
- The Love Story Some of the elements in the love story have changed over time. In the ancient world and during the Middle Ages, love stories did not have happy endings, and they focused on love outside of social and economic status. This was an innovation at that time, because most marriages were arranged and the partners were of the same social class. Beginning in the late Middle Ages and the Renaissance, love stories began to have happy endings, because marriage was coming to be rooted in feelings of truelove and couples came together by personal choice.... [tags: Love Stories Romance Essays]
1309 words (3.7 pages)
- According to Francois De La Rochefoucauld, “Absence diminishes little passions and increases great ones, as wind extinguishes candles and fans a fire.” I find nothing more true. My best friend was gone for forty-five weeks completing his military training. The ring on my finger was a promise that we would wait and support one another through the hardships ahead. I will be walking down the aisle in a long white gown in less than a year to promise him my love and support for the rest of our lives.... [tags: Military, Soldier, United States Army]
824 words (2.4 pages)
- Imagine a time where every detail about your life (credit score, personality ranking, “hotness” ranking, etc.) was available to anybody around you through something similar to the present-day iPhone. Now imagine this world being reality. In Gary Shteyngart's Super Sad True Love Story, this idea is reality. Everybody in the world has an äppäräti, and everybody knows everything about one another. But is knowing everything about your friends and neighbors really a good thing, especially when the world around you is crumbling because of this knowledge.... [tags: story review and analysis]
1313 words (3.8 pages)
- In 1787, Antonio Canova sculpted a masterpiece crafted around a love story; Psyche Revived by Cupids Kiss. A king had three daughters, his youngest, Psyche, the most beautiful of them all. Venus, the goddess of beauty, was jealous of Psyche. She ordered Cupid to avenger her and eliminate Psyche so she would once again be the most beautiful. However, when Cupid saw Psyche he fell in love with her. Every night, Cupid made love to Psyche without ever revealing his identity until one night she lit a lamp to look at him.... [tags: Love, Emotion, Sculpture, Cupid]
1725 words (4.9 pages)
- The Little Mermaid is an animated movie about Ariel, a mermaid, who disobeys her father, King Triton, to meet the love of her life, Eric. Ariel beings to feel love for a human. Their love is not accepted, because King Triton views humans as undesirable creatures. There is an allusion of my life within this movie, because I fell in love with someone my dad prohibited me to be with, Victor Chicas, due to a family feud between our families. The Little Mermaid and my love story with Victor are similar in showing that love changed my perspective over the Chicas family.... [tags: Love, Human, The Little Mermaid]
1381 words (3.9 pages)
- Using Love to Justify Sex in A Very Short Story At first glance unusually normal, at second glance unusually striking, the title "A Very Short Story" reveals Hemingway's perception of a perhaps unforgotten war experience. Man went to war. He met woman. They spent many nights together. They considered marriage. He went home without her. She moved on. He moved on. The end. The story, the relation of events, is indeed short. This is not eternal spiritual love; instead, this is the animalistic, barbaric sexual act- sex and love for the sole purpose and convenience of sex itself.... [tags: Very Short Story Essays]
1124 words (3.2 pages)