Love is a temporary form of insanity
In the novel The Kite Runner and the play Antigone Love can be a destructive force such as betrayal, which occurs when one betrays a loved one. An example in Antigone would be when Antigone broke Creon’s law to go bury her beloved brother this questions us to think will people do wrong to help and be with their loved ones and is love a destructive force. In the Dictionary Love is a strong feeling of affection. The readers should be pretty sure that love is a strong feeling of affection the readers has felt it. Readers feel it everyday with family, friends and girls. Readers know that love can sometimes be a destructive force such as divorce, which rips a family apart; having a fight with your best friend or when a girl that the reader likes rejects him those feelings are horrible. Can this be connected to the novel The Kite Runner and the play Antigone?
Hassan from TKR a loyal servant of Amir always loved his boss he did not think of him as a boss but as a brother. But did this loyalty and love make him get into a wrong situation and yes it did after the kite tournament Hassan was determined to run and get Amir the winning kite but along the way he got caught by bullies which then got him into a scary rape scene. Now the only person that could help Hassan was Amir. “I stopped watching, turned away from the alley. Something warm was running down my wrist. I blinked; saw I was still biting down on my fist, hard enough to draw blood from the knuckles. I realized something else. I was weeping. From just around the corner, I could hear Asset’s quick, rhythmic grunts. I had one last chance to make a decision. One final opportunity to decide who I was going to be. I could step into that alley, stan...
... middle of paper ...
...nd Antigone the characters Amir and Antigone go past their love and do wrong. Love is a strong feel of affection. A strong feel of wanting to do something in this case doing the wrong for love. Some people want love such as Amir but he does not notice his true love was Hassan until there was no more love. For some such as Antigone Love was the most important she did not fear of death or to break Creon's law. Love is a destructive force in reference to TKR and Antigone. If Creon and Baba don’t get the whole picture love can be a destructive force when it can rip others relationships apart. Such as Creon’s son and Antigone’s Fiancée had killed himself after hearing that his father had locked Antigone away for burying a loved one. In many parts in the Novel TKR and Antigone love was the main theme and that is what led the plot. Love is temporary form of insanity.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- What is love. “Love is a temporary madness. It erupts like an earthquake and then subsides. And when it subsides you have to make a decision. You have to work out whether your roots have become so entwined together that it is inconceivable that you should ever part” (Tweedell & Riggs, 2010). According to the Merriam Webster dictionary love “is a feeling of strong or constant affection for a person; attraction that includes sexual desire; the strong affection felt by people who have a romantic relationship” (Merriam-Webster, 2015).... [tags: Love, Interpersonal relationship, Romance]
735 words (2.1 pages)
- “Not guilty by reason of insanity” (NGRI) has often perplexed even the most stringent of legal and psychiatric professionals for centuries. Moreover, it has transcended into the pop culture, as a “loophole”for the criminal society. However, the insanity defense is only used in less than 1% of criminal cases, and used successfully in only 10-25% of those cases (Torry and Billick, 2010). In order to successfully be acquitted by reason of insanity, the legal team, paired with psychiatric professionals, must prove that the defendant is not legally responsible for the crime, despite the evidence that they executed the crime.... [tags: insanity, crime, defendant]
2413 words (6.9 pages)
- With murder charges of fifteen people, cannibalism, and necrophilia hanging over his head, Jeffery Dahmer plead not guilty by reason of insanity. Since Dahmer was a child he had shown withdraws and avoidance of society. He had a habit of collecting dead animals, and he would dissect, dissolve them in many different ways. When Dahmers plea of insanity was rejected by the court, he was then charged with fifteen counts of murder (Yoong). Many believe that when Jeffrey Dahmer 's plea was rejected that it was the end of anyone using, but that isn’t the case.... [tags: Insanity defense, Mental disorder, Crime, Insanity]
3860 words (11 pages)
- Insanity. When some people think of the word “insanity”, television shows comparable to Law and Order and NCIS may come into mind. Due to some of these shows, one may not fully comprehend what is insanity. In this paper I will discuss what insanity, a brief history of insanity and how it impacts today’s society, furthermore, I will also discuss my personal thoughts on the subject. What is the insanity defense exactly. The insanity defense can be defined as “A defense asserted by an accused in a criminal prosecution to avoid liability for the commission of a crime, whereas at the time of the crime, the person did not appreciate the nature, quality, or wrongdoing of the acts.” In order to und... [tags: Insanity defense, Mental disorder, Crime]
1008 words (2.9 pages)
- Friendship is the purest form of love. Only a few people in this world are blessed with true friends, and yes, I am one of those lucky people. *touchwood* ☺ I don 't think I have ever talked about my friends in any of my posts, but today I will do because they are a very special part of my life. ❤ Actually, I didn 't have a lot of friends during my childhood days. I used to talk to everyone in my class, so you can say that all of them were my friends - Still, I didn 't have someone whom I could call my "BFF" or "best friend".... [tags: Friendship, Interpersonal relationship, Love]
855 words (2.4 pages)
- Gestational Diabetes Mellitus Gestational diabetes (gestational diabetes mellitus) is a temporary form of diabetes that some women develop during pregnancy. In gestational diabetes, one or both of these problems may be present: • The pancreas does not make enough of a hormone called insulin. • The cells in the body are less responsive to the insulin that is made (insulin resistance). Normally, insulin moves sugars from food into tissue cells. The tissue cells use the sugars for energy. The lack of insulin or the lack of normal response to insulin causes excess sugars to build up in the blood instead of going into the tissue cells.... [tags: Diabetes mellitus, Blood sugar]
1707 words (4.9 pages)
- Temporary employment is becoming increasingly popular within the UK, allowing organisations to manage when they encounter staff shortages, and external and competitive pressures. Temporary workers are individuals who are employed by organisations to fulfil job roles when they are in demand. Temporary employees may work full-time or part-time, for one week or several, depending on whether or not the organisation requires their labour. Temporary working contributes to the labour problem of low productivity and low performance, this essay will considered this employment form from a number of perspectives and discover solutions to this problem.... [tags: Business, Temporary Employees]
2483 words (7.1 pages)
- In the United States, trials in which a defendant pleads not guilty by reason of insanity represent 1% of all the criminal cases, and the defense is lawfully verified in only 25% of these cases (Giannetakis, 2011). The not guilty by reason of insanity plea, or NGRI, is a legal defense a defendant might use to argue that he or she was not guilty of a crime because of insanity (Butcher, Hooley, & Mineka, 2014). The effort to define insanity in a legal sense begins in 1843 and carries on until 1984.... [tags: Insanity defense, Mental disorder, Insanity]
1374 words (3.9 pages)
- ... TREPANATION 20th century 3. ROTATIONAL THERAPY 4. MESMERISM (1734-1815) 5. LOBOTOMY 6. Electroconvulsive therapy 7.restraint 8. Strong drugs 9. Shock water treatment 10. Bleeding 11. Blistering salves. Such treatments often left patients severely damaged and not being able to function in society. New psychiatric drugs were developed in the 1950s, there was a new-found belief that people in mental institutions could be rehabilitated. Our current day treatments are rehabilitation hospitals, counseling, and medications.... [tags: symptoms of insanity, crime, trial]
915 words (2.6 pages)
- Insanity by definition is a deranged state of the mind usually occurring as a specific disorder. Although the definition of insanity has always been argued, this definition is broad enough to be accepted. A famous quote about the insanity definition is, “Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.” - Albert Einstein (brainyquote.com). This however is incorrect. Insanity is not a diagnoses unlike what some people believe. It is mostly a legal term that is used in court to defend those who commit a crime and don’t know that their actions weren’t socially acceptable.... [tags: mental illness, insanity]
714 words (2 pages)