... middle of paper ...
...bor. It is easier said than done, but people have to put aside their differences and help each other through life. I believe that God does not just mean on a local scale, but on a global scale that people should help their fellow man.
As one can see, God’s two greatest commandments are found in Matthew 22:34-40, and they are very powerful and meaningful. When the lawyer confronted Jesus with the question of the greatest commandment He did not hesitate to tell the lawyer that the greatest commandments revolved around love. Not just regular love, but agape love, which is a type of love that God shows to individuals. This type of love is an unconditional type love that is shown to people even when things are not good. When Jesus was on the earth he expected people to cherish and obey these commandments in hope of one day entering the kingdom of heaven.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Love in The Bible Everyone always looks at the Bible as a loving book. It is considered God’s Word. It helps us live a better life and serves as a guidebook showing us how to live on the right path. The characters in it are ones to be looked up to. Moses, Noah, Abraham, etc. were all righteous followers of God and set good examples for us even today. However, those who read deeper into the Bible will find more than just the stereotype that I have already explained. The God of the Bible has many moods.... [tags: Religion Bible Religious God Essays]
1124 words (3.2 pages)
- John Henry Newman begins his sermon about faith and love with a bible passage. “Though I have all Faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have no Charity, I am nothing.” This passage is the basis of Newman’s entire sermon and is the foundation of many of the ideas that Newman addresses. According to Newman Love is the greatest virtue a person can possess, and while Newman also agrees that a strong faith is significant it is nothing if love is absent. Newman uses testaments, deductive reasoning and experiences to show how the act of faith and love disclose the presence of God.... [tags: Love, God, Spirituality, Holy Spirit]
1030 words (2.9 pages)
- The theme that speaks to me the most is Love. What love means to me is when people have a feeling of deep affection towards another person. God gave us a precious gift that we should all cherish which in today’s time most people are tempted by the devil to not love the way God wants us to. I will discuss different points from the Old and New Testament, am going to be mentioning scriptures about love that is in the Bible. I chose the theme love because as I said before love is a precious gift that God has given us to cherish and love others as we love ourselves.... [tags: Love, Bible, Old Testament, New Testament]
1381 words (3.9 pages)
- ... Another idea I gain from this article is that community becomes important in the Christian faith. For years, I spent my time in the darkest places of my life, feeling alone and hopeless. After coming to Olivet, I knew the Church serves as a community that helps people out of love and shares the Gospel to others. Truly, I realized that living with Jesus only without Christ-like people means living selfishly. I wanted to receive all the right answers to teach people, but I needed others who knew more about the Bible than me to teach me how to live a godly Christian journey.... [tags: Christianity, Bible, Jesus, Love]
991 words (2.8 pages)
- What is love. This is a question that has been asked throughout the decades. It has been studied and observed. Lives have been lost and wars been fought over it. Webster dictionary defines love as; “a (1) : strong affection for another arising out of kinship or personal ties (2) : attraction based on sexual desire : affection and tenderness felt by lovers (3) : affection based on admiration, benevolence, or common interests b : an assurance of affection ”.Here is how the world’s best-selling book, the Bible, would describes love: 1 Corinthians 13:4-8; “4 Love is patient, love is kind.... [tags: Love, Marriage, Full-time, Personal life]
1552 words (4.4 pages)
- Although different individuals and different cultures have diverse perceptions and ideas of love and the emotions it encompasses, we can easily communicate about love across the world. The emotions, actions, and type of people involved can determine how the lover’s relate to each other, to the society, and to the universe. This study will focus on how love was depicted in the Song of Solomon compared to the Ancient Egyptian Love Poems dating from the thirteenth to the eleventh century BCE. There is no known genetic continuity between the two, the comparison of both will help stress the perception of love.... [tags: Love, Poetry, Bible, Song of Songs]
865 words (2.5 pages)
- Most People tend to misconstrue the true meaning of love. They have a generalized ideology that love is all about having a romantic affair with the opposite gender. A scripture from the Holy Bible states that “ Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs” (1 Corinthians 13: 4-5). Love is a complex and complicated feeling; therefore, it is categorized in diverse forms.... [tags: opposite gender, bible, phileo love]
1191 words (3.4 pages)
- No emotion has such universal meaning as love. It is an integral part of the human condition. Love is the basis for by which all other emotions can be gauged. Friendship and even grief are steeped in love. Love is so central to our lives that it is fitting and proper that it should be the topic of so much discussion. Every culture and every writer has some commentary or evaluation of love. The New Testament has its share of love commentary. The entire basis of the Christian tradition is God's love for humanity.... [tags: comparison compare contrast essays]
4848 words (13.9 pages)
- "Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail, whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part. But when that which is perfect has come, then that which is in part will be done away." (1 Corinthians 13:8-10 NKJV) What is the perfect that was mentioned in this passage. There is a lot of disagreement on the matter, and more than a few various viewpoints on the perfect in this passage. In order to understand what the perfect is however, we have to know what it is that is in part.... [tags: christianity, love, bible]
1385 words (4 pages)
- This past week has been difficult on all of us. The United States and the whole world have gone through painful events that have left all of us in anguish and agony, questioning the provision of grace and hope in the midst of violence and hate. When we, the people of faith, reflect on such acts of violence, it is our duty to think of the ways we are called to live and act as disciples of Christ. Starting Point: Friends, as you know our war is against evil and the forces of evil, which exist among us.... [tags: Jesus, Christianity, Love, Bible]
1926 words (5.5 pages)