To paraphrase a speech given by Farrakhan at the Nation Of Islam Headquarters:
FARRAKHAN: Whites have oppressed blacks for hundreds of years, and a reckoning is due for the iniquities of their fathers. Although the fathers are long gone and dead, their offspring are doing the same things that they did. Look at the police shootings of Tamir Rice and Michael Brown; this is more
evidence of the continued oppression perpetrated by white people against black people!
ME: Yeah, right, Louie! I can see that you have a severe case of tunnel vision that keeps you from mentioning the rampant degree of "continued oppression perpetrated BY black people AGAINST black people" in the form of black-on-black crimes and shootings. The numbers prove that blacks are a far-greater oppressor to THEMSELVES than whites are, but I 'm sure that 's not relevant to you.
Please, go on....
FARRAKHAN: “Prepare slaughter for the children for the iniquities of their fathers.”
ME: I see that you 're quoting Scripture from our Christian Bible. Would that be Isaiah 14:21, by chance? That piece of Biblical scripture pertained to another group of people long, long ago; LEAVE IT THAT WAY! And STOP using OUR Bible to stir up trouble; you Muslims do enough of THAT with your OWN bible, the koran. You 're a Muslim; you have no business in our Bible. Keep your nose out!
ME: In addition to hijacking Islam to justify your catastrophic jihad, you and your fellow Muslim extremists are trying to hijack the Christian Bible to stir up more war agains...
... middle of paper ...
...l obstacles and enemies is counter-productive" (putting it nicely) to achieving success.
ME: ISIS 's retarded strategy of lining its path with BIG enemies was/is as inexplicable as it is dumb; it pretty much guarantees ISIS 's impending failure.
ME: The new kid on the block DID get a lucky break when he started his bullying, however; the BIGGEST and MOST POWERFUL kid on the block (US) was very slow in reacting to the new kid 's bullying, pretty much letting him do what he wanted, until a couple of OTHER big kids had enough and decided to DO something to the new kid.
ME: ISIS and the rest of you Islamic extremists, Louie, are just too radical and fanatic to see where you 're going to end up. You people are just like a delusional man standing on the edge of a tall cliff. Ever so confident, and believing that he will fly, he spreads out his imaginary wings and JUMPS.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Historical Background It is necessary to examine the historical context of Muslim terrorism in the United States to understand the evolvement of Muslim extremism today. Juergensmeyer (2003) supports this stance by stating that contemporary acts of violence are influenced by historical violence perpetrated in the religious past. The assumption could be made that Muslim extremism in the United States is a more recent phenomenon; on the contrary, this is not true. By understanding history enlightens to where foundations and structures were built to support Muslim extremism and terrorism activities that exist in the United States today.... [tags: Terrorism, Muslim Extremism]
1709 words (4.9 pages)
- The most primary foundation of the Muslim religion begins with the prophet Muhammad, around 610 CE (Fisher, 378). Muhammad encountered God’s messenger, Gabriel, who ordered him to recite God’s words that subsequently became the Quran . With this revelation, Muhammad’s responsibility was to deliver and define the message of the word of the Quran to the society because it was a very complicated book to understand. Allah discussed many different topics including the life of jihad.... [tags: Islam, Muhammad, Al-Qaeda, Qur'an]
1628 words (4.7 pages)
- For many individuals, Religion appears at odds with feminist ideals and providing equal rights for men and women; I am one of those people. As a young girl, I never really took religion seriously: to me it was something I had to do every Sunday and alternate Thursday evenings for an hour. Born and raised Roman Catholic, Sunday school was filled with the sways of my feet brushing the floor while picking at my nails and absentmindedly reciting hymns that had been assigned for memorization. In my early teen years as a youth group leader, I began to seriously question this religion I had become associated with, but was urged make the sacrament of Confirmation so that I could marry in the Catholi... [tags: Islam ]
2526 words (7.2 pages)
- Islam is a religion far from my understanding. Actually, I have to admit, with the little bit of information I do have, I find it to be an aggressive religion and one that I would not be interested in learning about. Of course, initially I think of that solemn day – September 11, 2001. I lay partial blame for that horrific day on the followers of the Islam religion. However, I also realize that bitterness detains growth. If I am to continue to grow as a culturally competent professional; educating myself about Islam is a responsibility.... [tags: Islam Religion, Spirituality, Muslim]
1856 words (5.3 pages)
- Malcolm Little was born in Omaha, Nebraska. His name was later changed to Malcolm X. The letter X “stood for what he had been and what he had become” (238). He was an African American Muslim minister and human rights activist, but unfortunately he was not always like that. In 1946, he was a hustler in the streets and was quickly arrested at a very young age of twenty. Most Black people at this time did not have a high school education. He obtained an eighth grade education and only knew how to write in slang.... [tags: African American, Black people, Race]
716 words (2 pages)
- Leaders of Nations The Nation of Islam impacted many African American people during its time. This Black Muslim nation demanded adherence to basic teachings, which included racial separation, white devilry, and the coming Armageddon. None of these basic teachings supported James Baldwin’s perceptions, which pitied whites for their inability to see through the color curtain and embrace differences that whites and blacks held together to create a better, inexorable, and supreme nation.... [tags: Black Muslim Malcolm X Elijah Muhammad]
3018 words (8.6 pages)
- Too Much No matter how strongly one feels about something, sometimes thoughts and actions can become too intense, too extreme, quite simply: too much. The idea of exceeding normal boundaries is a key idea in the Nation of Islam movement in America in the 1950s and 1960s. The Nation of Islam preached an idea that was very unfamiliar to common thought in America at that time. Ideology practiced by black Muslims, as those people of Islam were known as, was very intense, very driven, very narrow minded, but it made a lot of African Americans feel better about who they were and where they were at.... [tags: African American Black Muslim]
1767 words (5 pages)
- Pre Islamic Era: The word ‘Islam’ refers to the submission to God Almighty. It is described as ‘Deen’ in the Holy Quran which means way of life. The people who follow Islam are known as Muslims and the word itself means the one who surrenders or submits to the will of Allah. Islam was present since forever. Before Prophet Muhammad (pbuh), many messengers were sent on this earth to bring people on the right path. All of them preached to worship one God and that the people should consider them the messenger of God.... [tags: Islam, Culture, Religion]
2064 words (5.9 pages)
- The Nation of Islam On October 7, 1897 in Sandersville, Georgia, a woman named Marie Poole gave birth to a boy who she named Elijah. Elijah’s parents were sharecroppers, and this father was a Baptist minister (Black Supremacists, 25). After an eighth grade education, in 1931, Elijah Poole moved to Detroit where, he says, he met “Allah in person”. This was a man named Fard Muhammad—“The first and only man born in Mecca who came to America for the express purpose of teaching the so-called Negro” (Mr.... [tags: Black Muslim]
2359 words (6.7 pages)
- Islam One of the active "survivors" of practiced faiths in America is Islam. Before and even after the incident of September 11th, more and more disappointment, frustration and curiosity towards Islam and Muslims have aroused amongst Americans. The Reason behind those mixed feelings is that it is said that a group of Muslim "terrorists" were behind the tragedy that occurred to the Trade Center in New York. That has resulted in the lost of many innocent lives and corruption of the nation. Afterwards, Americans were intimidated by this religion, and what it brings to the world, so they sought to learn about it.... [tags: Religion Islam]
1995 words (5.7 pages)