2) Eternal application - This is one of the proverbs that serves as somewhat of an equivalent to believing in the Lord Jesus that we read about in the New Testament. Fearing the Lord which leads to life could be Understood as "faith in Christ as Lord is a fountain of life….
#6: Peace and Satisfaction
Proverbs 15:16 - The fear of the Lord is a fountain of life, that one may turn away from the snares of death.
Proverbs 19:23 - The fear of the Lord leads to life, and whoever has it rests satisfied; he will not be visited by harm.
1) Truly loving God with all that we are makes him our highest value and our greatest treasure and puts everything else in life in perspective under him. What this proverb is saying is Fearing God that we might walk in intimacy with him is greater than any earthly treasure.
2) The fear of the Lord brings contentment, satisfaction, and peace in a way nothing else can. In contrast, a fool is someone who has all the earthly treasure they could ever desire and yet they do not fear God or know him.
#7: Praise and Admiration
Proverbs 31:30 - Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.
This proverb contrasts “fearing the Lord and internal beauty” with “external, physical beauty and charm”.
• This is just as true today as when this Proverb was written. Ladies, this is what God prizes in a woman...the quality of a gentle, God fearing heart.
So we have looked at 7 benefits of fearing God…7 things that the fear of God produces in the life of an individual. But Proverbs is also clear about negative consequences of NOT fearing th...
... middle of paper ...
... that, we begin to pray and listen attentively.
It is essential that our posture before God and His Word is marked by 1) humility, 2) teachability, 3) reverence and holy fear…
#4: Reading Bible saturated books that stimulate us to fear God more.
#5: Stand in awe of God’s creation
Psalm 19:1-2 - The heavens declare the glory of God, and the sky above proclaims his handiwork. Day to day pours out speech, and night to night reveals knowledge.
#6: Sing to the Lord!
Psalm 22:22-24 - I will declare your name to my people; in the assembly I will praise you. You who fear the Lord, praise him! All you descendants of Jacob, honor him! Revere him, all you descendants of Israel!
#7: Sit regularly at the foot of the Cross
• Stand in awe of the collision between God’s perfect holiness and amazing grace that is perfectly displayed in the cross of Christ!
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Romans 3:23 For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God. We all have many things in common and one of them is we all fall short of the glory of God because of our sins, which leads to eternal punishment. But God is rich in His mercy and grace sent His Son to die in the place of those that repent and place their faith in Him. John 3:15 states whoever believes in Him, that 's the Lord Jesus Christ shall not perish but have eternal life. Whoever places a saving faith, which is nothing less than a commitment of your life to the Lord Jesus shall not be eternally punished but receive eternal life.... [tags: Jesus, New Testament, Christianity, Repentance]
1627 words (4.6 pages)
- 1) Earthly application – It is the fear of the Lord that gives us true, overflowing life from God…true joy and peace…it flows from fearing the Lord 2) Eternal application - This is one of the proverbs that serves as somewhat of an equivalent to believing in the Lord Jesus that we read about in the New Testament. Fearing the Lord which leads to life could be Understood as "faith in Christ as Lord is a fountain of life…. #6: Peace and Satisfaction Proverbs 15:16 - The fear of the Lord is a fountain of life, that one may turn away from the snares of death.... [tags: Bible, God, God in Christianity, Holy Spirit]
1418 words (4.1 pages)
- Accepting Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior, begins the process of spiritual transformation. Taking on the spirit of Christ is a direct result of being obedient to the commandments given by God to the believer. The first element of the transformation phase, which is the process of change from the sinful nature of man, to accepting the spirit of Christ becoming a Christian renovating into Christ’s image. The transforming of one’s mind, heart and soul. While it is true the beginning stage starts in the mind.... [tags: Jesus, God, Religion, Human]
865 words (2.5 pages)
- When looking at what you plan to do with your life, you get excited and passionate about that one thing that you want to do for the rest of your life. You spend most of your life going to school and preparing yourself for the job that you will have, probably for the rest of your life. Many Christians look at there job and think about how they are doing this job for our God. Through my vocation I see “The Image of God” and “the fall” through the hard times and balancing my faith and science. Also, when you think about what vocation you go into you have to believe that God is placing that desire on your heart to pursue that passion for the rest of your life and ultimately being passionate abou... [tags: Religion, God, Faith, Jesus]
1391 words (4 pages)
- Ripping away his field dressing Joker applied pressure to the wound. “You’re okay bro,” comforted Joker. “You took it high on the left side. It’s little more than superficial. Guess you’re in for a ride in your namesake. The Meatwagon.” Digger seeing the hopelessness of their situation said… “We have used every weapon at our disposal except one.” Shogun wondered what Digger had brought with him that the rest knew nothing about. He’s a heavy weapons specialist, but only if he can’t find a light one.... [tags: English-language films, American films]
798 words (2.3 pages)
- ¶324.9d: How do you interpret the statement Jesus Christ is Lord. Serving as a local pastor has caused me to spend more time reflecting on the theology and doctrine of the hymns in our worship practices. I recently noticed that the statement Jesus Christ is Lord is reflected in the composition entitled “Crown Him with Many Crowns.” The hymn celebrates Jesus as the Lamb upon the throne who triumphs over death (UMH 327) (Revelation 19.12). According to the doctrine in The Apostles’ Creed, all authority in heaven and earth rests in Jesus as our Ascended Lord who died for us, who is seated at the right hand of God the Father Almighty, who will one day return to judge the living and the dead, an... [tags: Jesus, Christianity, God, Holy Spirit]
1536 words (4.4 pages)
- The Church of Our Lord Jesus Christ was the name of the church I attended during the last couple of weeks. It was my friends’ church that was located in Brazil, Indiana. It was a fairly small church compared to other churches I have been to. It was a primarily black church with a few other races that attended also. This church had a guy drumming during every song that was song. I found this church to be very different from the ones we discussed in class. This church service was interesting to me because the worship service was charismatic and it inspired many that were in the church at the time.... [tags: Christianity, God, God in Christianity]
1169 words (3.3 pages)
- What Christians Mean When They Refer to Jesus as Lord When we think of the name Lord as Christians we think of God, as he is powerful, almighty and great. Jesus however was a human and to be called "Lord" is very special because no one in history has been called that before. As Christians we would say the name Lord means miracle worker, ruler and faithful. Jesus was mainly all these things as he performed many miracles in his life which many different types of people benefited from which are recorded in the Gospels.... [tags: Papers]
764 words (2.2 pages)
- Per Kevin R I have pasted 2 essays, when I started the application I was in the undergraduate field and wrote my essay 's based on the undergraduate application essay request. Thank you, Tena 1st Essay; I accepted Jesus Christ as my personal LORD and Savior at the young age of 5; I followed my salvation in Baptism. I grew up in a Fundamental Baptist teaching home and church and attended Christian schools through most of my schooling. My church, my parents and my school taught salvation only happens with the acceptance of Christ our as our personal Savior through the blood Jesus shed on the Cross.... [tags: Christianity, Jesus, New Testament, Bible]
1380 words (3.9 pages)
- The Person and Work of Our Lord Jesus Christ His Incarnation. Luke 1 v26-38 We know that Christ is someone unique and distinct in many ways from every other man, especially in his incarnation. This word Incarnation basically means `made flesh'. This passage shows the unique and miraculous events which were involved in Christ's incarnation. The Humiliation and Exaltation Phil 2 v6-9 This passage shows both Christ's humiliation and his Exaltation, First we see his humiliation, obviously his humanity and being made flesh was his humiliation, but inside v6, 7 and 8 we find in some detail the humiliation our Lord was subject to.... [tags: Religion]
2935 words (8.4 pages)