I cannot emphasize enough the importance of research, research and more research while looking for a plastic or cosmetic surgeon. The information is out there you have to do the work. Doing the necessary homework is crucial to you finding a great surgeon and could mean life or death. The American Society of Plastic Surgeons website are one of the sources that can assist in guiding consumers through their search process for a medical professional.
In today’s world of plastic and cosmetic surgery it is important that patients are educated on the pros and cons of these surgical procedures and for them to understand that this is real surgery and complications can occur. Using a Board certified plastic surgeon is best, do not use your family physician or gynecologist. The government does not require a surgeon to be specifically trained in the procedures they offer. The problem is that many doctors with general surgery or other medical training are hopping on the cosmetic surgery bandwagon for greater profits. Choosing a plastic surgeon, you can trust is critical and starts with making sure your surgeon is board certified.
More and more Americans are traveling abroad for cheaper more affordable cosmetic surgery as cost in the U.S. rises. It may be more affordable, but not without risks. There are things you should know when traveling abroad concerning Plastic Surgery Tourism. Cosmetic and plastic surgery are real surgeries that doesn’t come without some risks involved. These risk could increase during vacation-related plastic surgery abroad. Below are some warnings to be aware of when going abroad for plastic surgery from The American Society of Plastic Surgeons.
A. Vacation activities should be avoided when goi...
... middle of paper ...
...held to the same safety standards as doctors in the U.S., but if you do the research there are ways to find good quality doctors. The International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ISAPS) is one way to find a good plastic surgeon abroad. In order to become a member of ISAPS, surgeons must be accepted by the national plastic surgery society in the country in which they currently practice. ISAPS is the largest international society of individual plastic surgeons. Membership is by invitation and is granted to applicants only after extensive screening. You still have to ask a lot of questions to make sure this is the surgeon for you. No research is good without asking the important questions and following up to make sure everything is true. You can’t depend on the surgeons to tell you; you have to do the work yourself. This is your life and safety is very important.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- 9374674 Is Plastic and Cosmetic Surgery Good For Teens. Why are so many teens considering plastic and cosmetic surgery. Do they not know the risks. The rates of teenage plastic cosmetic surgery have gone up in the recent years. There are many bad negatives to getting plastic or cosmetic surgery. Should teens be allowed to receive plastic or cosmetic surgery. Teens should not be allowed to receive plastic or cosmetic surgery to change or enhance their body image because they will face many health problems, it promotes body dysmorphic disorder, and they run the risk of getting addicted to plastic cosmetic surgery.... [tags: Plastic surgery, Breast implant, Red blood cell]
1799 words (5.1 pages)
- Everyone has had their own personal stories of the times that they have been bullied; this could be anywhere from being bullied by their siblings to being bullied at school for things that they do or how they look. In school now, children from the ages of 5 all the way up until they are 18 or older are getting bullied for the ways that they look. Children all throughout school had dreamt of the day where they could just take their defected body part off and just switch it with a new “normal” body part.... [tags: Plastic surgery, Reconstructive surgery, Surgery]
1199 words (3.4 pages)
- Between celebrities, other socialites, and everyday people cosmetic surgery has become increasingly popular over the years. Everyday people have used cosmetic surgery to alter their appearance, whether it is to look like someone else or to look prettier and skinnier without a goal of being a look alike millions of people get these surgeries every year. Everyday people and celebrities alike as they age are getting cosmetic surgery to look as if they have not aged at all and to appear younger then they looked before.... [tags: Plastic surgery, Surgery, Breast implant]
1124 words (3.2 pages)
- Plastic Surgery: An Annotated Bibliography “Cosmetic Surgery vs. Plastic Surgery.” American Board of Cosmetic Surgery. The American Board of Cosmetic Surgery, 2016. Web. 11 Feb. 2016. While both cosmetic surgery and plastic surgery involve improving a patient’s body, the overall principles and philosophies guiding the training, research, and goals for a patient’s outcome differ. The procedures and techniques of cosmetic surgery are entirely based on enhancing a patient’s appearance. Key goals may include improving ascetic appeal, symmetry, and proportion.... [tags: Plastic surgery, Surgery, Reconstructive surgery]
1036 words (3 pages)
- Plastic surgery is defined as the alteration, restoration, or reconstruction of the body by practitioners in the field. Although plastic surgery has many reconstructive procedures, society tends to focus on the cosmetic aspects of the field. The act of changing one’s “god given” appearance is looked upon with cold eyes by the general public and as an intern in a plastic surgery arts center, it is not uncommon to see women fidgeting in the lobby wondering if the doctor would be able to help them with their insecurities.... [tags: Plastic surgery, Surgery, Reconstructive surgery]
1233 words (3.5 pages)
- “In 2012 more than 236,000 cosmetic procedures were performed on patients between 13 and 19 of age including more than 75,000 surgical procedures such as nose reshaping,liposuction and,breast lifts and tummy tuck” (I). ”Plastic surgery dates back to at least 600 B.C. ,when Hindu physicians were surgically reconstructing noses” (A). The modern plastic surgery techniques developed after world war I and was used for soldiers who had suffered during the war for example people who had broken their nose or neck (A).... [tags: Plastic surgery, Breast implant, Surgery]
1421 words (4.1 pages)
- Hunter Reinhart Research Paper Writ 101 11.30.12 Title: Reconstructive & Cosmetic Plastic Surgery: a Pro or a Con. Introduction w/ thesis: Is it the bigger, perkier breasts, the taught tummy, the lifted butt, or the younger looking face that draws people to plastic surgery. Is it the cost, the pain, the perception of being “fake” because you got plastic surgery that pushes people away from wanting to get the surgery. Have you ever considered getting reconstructive or cosmetic plastic surgery. Are you for or against the surgeries.... [tags: Plastic surgery, Breast]
1423 words (4.1 pages)
- Top 8 Reasons You are Ready for Cosmetic Surgery Cosmetic surgery might not make you look exactly like your favorite actor or singer, but it can bring out the very best you, enhancing and highlighting your strengths, making some adjustments to your trouble spots, and visibly shaving years off your appearance. There is not one single reason people choose to have plastic or cosmetic surgery, but there are some very good reasons that it might be the right option. Below are eight of the most common reasons that plastic surgery might be right for you.... [tags: Plastic surgery, Surgery, Breast, Mastopexy]
1127 words (3.2 pages)
- Cariana Raygor Composition 2 Mr. McQuade Period 1 March 30 2015 Why Cosmetic Surgery Should be Banned Have you ever looked in the mirror and not liked what you saw. Haven’t we all. How about this, have you ever looked in the mirror and considered spending thousands of dollars to change what you see. Nope, me neither, but unfortunately thousands of people everyday do. Whether it’s a new nose, bigger breasts, an uplifted face, or any other cosmetic surgery, everyday someone is going under the knife to feel better about themselves.... [tags: Plastic surgery, Breast implant, Breast]
2043 words (5.8 pages)
- Were you ever one of the few children that were constantly teased about your body-image. Were you the girl that would stuff your bra with tissues or something that made your breast were fuller. Or maybe had thoughts of having a similar body as a model you would get far in life. Many of us have experienced being teased of our bodies in some form and many teens are experiencing the similar embarrassments. Quite a few teens are able to overcome these rude remarks and continue on with a successful life.... [tags: Cosmetic Surgery]
1060 words (3 pages)