The overwhelming and scattered planning approach that most travelers take when exploring new cities. Very important, because there are sites that offer location based attractions, tours, blogs, culture guides, and social media interactions, but they are all segmented.
They are doing a few things such as, going in with no research and support or using multiple platforms to educate and ready themselves. For example, they are using Google, individual travel blogs, Reddit, Facebook, Trip Advisor, or touring companies.
The Global Hiker will bring a now segmented market to one online community that allows for easier travel. It will help customers with travel preparation, deciding which city is right for them to travel to, providing premium travel information, basic language skills, and overcoming culture barriers so that no one is offended.
We have conducted market search in the form of surveying over 100 individuals with 95 percent of the responses saying that they would download and try our service. I have pitched at 7 different events, the Q&A and evaluations proved interest in the platform. Interest from users on our social media accounts. We currently have potential local guides in 37 countries and 23 states that we have reached out to and saw interest.
No single company has the vision that the Global Hiker holds, because there is no existing product that provides all the services in one place like our app will. Our competitive advantage comes from the lack of emotion, connectivity, centralized location for travel information, and insight into one’s...
... middle of paper ...
...ditional capital needed to accomplish our goals during our time at the accelerator depends upon our growth rate and how many daily active users that the Global Hiker has.
In today 's world, it is important to make sure that we are involved and educated in what is going on in the world as well as the areas that we are traveling to. There are a lot of people being fearful of the dangers of the world, I want to inform people not to be blinded by fear. I want people to experience firsthand that the world is really a beautiful place. Chance favors the prepared mind and if all of our users are prepared they can more safe. A great quote by Samuel Johnson goes like this, “The use of traveling is to regulate imagination with reality, and instead of thinking of how things may be, see them as they are.” We will show people the world and allow users to explore themselves.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Mobile Application were designed to be used on smart phones, tablets and any other hand held devices. Mobile Applications have become such a viral thing in today’s century. Mobile Communication has integrated so much in our lives we almost feel incomplete if we were to leave our cell phones at home. When mobile apps were first created it were just the basic applications on your software such as, calculator, calendar and clock. The first cell phone manufactured was the Motorola Brick this phone was just a simple operating system whereas it was only use for calling and the only application was the contact list.... [tags: Operating Systems, Mobile Applications]
1219 words (3.5 pages)
- The product that this company will be providing is a software application that can be placed on your mobile device in addition to being able to be accessed online. Users will download the application from our website directly allowing for them to select the application that fits their needs. For the first product line we will be targeting provincial meat processing plants. This product line will allow for the users to easily complete government required paperwork. There will be three versions of this software.... [tags: System software, Application software]
1573 words (4.5 pages)
- associated with a closing, paperwork involved, and home inspections that usually occur during this process. The section involving homeowner expenses will touch on the cost of home ownership such as different forms of insurance, cost of taxes, and possible cost of replacing appliances. The application will also offer a question and answer section. This section will have frequently asked questions along with answers. This is an innovation because it supplies information on all the aspects that first time home buyers have questions regarding.... [tags: Mobile phone, Smartphone, IPhone]
1153 words (3.3 pages)
- The Increase in the use of applications on mobile computing and also user needs like portable cell phones and devices will increase the need for the mobile wireless networks in the upcoming years. Cell Phone users will assume more bandwidth and less amount of delays in the cell phone network. All these expectations and assumptions will increase in the infrastructures of mobile industries which will eventually lead to the discharge or emission of carbon dioxide. We can say that by 2020, 181 Megatons of carbon dioxide is emitted by mobile networks, which is almost equal to triple.... [tags: Mobile phone, Cellular network, Carbon dioxide]
852 words (2.4 pages)
- Mobile Clinic Application Physician Recruiter West Liberty Liaison St. Pat’s Liaison What has been your experience with Mobile Clinic so far? -Clinics volunteered at, specialized training, general impression, etc. Joining Mobile Clinic has been a great decision. I heard great things about the program through my first-year seminar, Journey to Medical School. I immediately wanted to become involved with the clinic and emailed the undergraduate liaison. During my orientation for Mobile Clinic, I learned a lot about the work that went into the clinics and knew that I wanted to be involved.... [tags: High school, Leadership, Mobile River, Feeling]
777 words (2.2 pages)
- 1) In which ways do smartphones help these companies be more profitable. To what extent are improvements in performance coming from revenue increases or cost reductions. Provide several examples from the case. Mobile applications of information technology (IT) has become a revolutionary change in the way businesses stay connected. In fact, Business Insider considers smartphone technology to be one of the “10 tech essentials every small business should have,” (Entrepreneur, 2010). CPS Energy, from the case study, used smartphones to improve, and maybe reengineer, business processes and bring workers closer together.... [tags: Business process reengineering, Process management]
1174 words (3.4 pages)
- For the past two months, I have been using the mobile application SideChef weekly to plan for meals. After unsuccessfully trying to find a suitable application to find quick, nutritious and easy recipes to make, I stumbled across SideChef. Once I downloaded this app, I had low expectations for it since it is free. However, this prejudgment against it was wrong as I was enthralled by the beautiful interface within the app. SideChef was inspired by Kevin Yu after unsuccessfully attempting to making a palatable Valentine’s Day dinner for his girlfriend.... [tags: Cooking, Nutrition, Food, Recipe]
749 words (2.1 pages)
- Most people despise their wireless phone carriers; this particular observation is anything but a newsflash. Cellular customers complain about their wireless phones and devices daily without actually making a remote attempt to do a thing about it. The number one most common complaints about cell phones are that they have unbelievably ludicrous price tags. Every cell phone generation gets more “spectacular” and more expensive with each released model under not just one, but every wireless branch. A cell phone alone is pretty costly.... [tags: Mobile phone, Mobile network operator]
1470 words (4.2 pages)
- 2.1 Handheld Mobile Devices and Mobile Applications 2.1.1 Defining Handheld Mobile Devices The medium for mobile applications is a mobile device. While the functions of mobile devices vary, the key criteria such a device must fulfil is portability. To that extent, mobile devices have been described as ‘interactive wireless media’ (Haghirian and Madlberger 2005, 2). Mobile devices offer a range of capabilities, but essentially they allow access to data and information with the opportunity of being used in a variety of environments (ISACA 2010, 2).... [tags: Technology, Mobile Applications]
1354 words (3.9 pages)
- Platforms consist of operating systems. A mobile operating system is the software that controls all basic operations. It allows for the installation and execution of apps. Operating systems often have toolkits that allow for the applications to communicate with each other. Android OS is the largest operating system. Android OS uses an open source operating system under Google. While the core operating system is open, other parts are licensed. An Android trademark cannot be used unless it is certified by Google against the Compatibility Definition Document (CDD) (Healey, 2014, Chapter 6, p.... [tags: Platforms, Operating Systems, software]
1719 words (4.9 pages)