Tenneco Incorporation has a colossal presence throughout the world. They are a fortune 500 company that also has a few locations around Toledo (“Tenneco”). Tenneco continues to grow and now has locations all over the world with 89 plants and facilities in over 100 different countries (“Manufacturing”). The company does ample things around the globe which helps many people as well as making our world a better place to live in. They help to keep the environment clean, as they are a leader in clean air and ride performance in the automobile industry while providing jobs to people all over the world (“Profile”). We also know an employee of Tenneco Inc. who can give us an inside look at the company. He worked at a Toledo area facility until being promoted and transferred to Europe. Throughout the following pages, we will discuss the good and bad effects of capitalism and the different ways Tenneco is involved in our capitalist society.
Tenneco Inc. “is one of the world's leading designers, manufacturers and distributors of clean air and ride performance products and systems for the automotive, commercial truck and off-highway markets and the aftermarket” (“Profile”). They have superb product quality and innovation and are constantly trying to improve their product (“Profile”). Tenneco Inc. has won numerous awards for their dedication to making a clean product and working towards making the world a better place. One of these awards was a 2012 John Deere Supplier Innovation Award that they won for their creativity and impact in their products (“Tenneco Receives John Deere”). They also won the 2012 Ford World Excellence Award for their product’s superior quality, delivery, and performa...
... middle of paper ...
...eb. 29 Apr. 2014.
"Executive Management Team." Tenneco Inc. N.p., n.d. Web. 29 Apr. 2014.
"Global Citizenship." Overview. N.p., n.d. Web. 30 Apr. 2014.
Kujawski, James. Personal Conversation. n.d.
"Manufacturing." Global Presence. N.p., n.d. Web. 29 Apr. 2014.
"Profile." Overview. N.p., n.d. Web. 29 Apr. 2014.
"Tenneco." CNNMoney. Cable News Network, n.d. Web. 29 Apr. 2014.
"Tenneco Receives John Deere Supplier Innovation Award | Tenneco Inc." Tenneco Receives John Deere Supplier Innovation Award | Tenneco Inc. N.p., n.d. Web. 29 Apr. 2014.
"Two Tenneco Plants Receive Ford World Excellence Awards | Tenneco Inc." Two Tenneco Plants Receive Ford World Excellence Awards | Tenneco Inc. N.p., n.d. Web. 29 Apr. 2014.
"Worker Health and Safety." Overview. N.p., n.d. Web. 29 Apr. 2014.
"Worldwide Engineering." Advanced Technology. N.p., n.d. Web. 29 Apr. 2014.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Obesity has become a major issue around the globe. Since the late 1900’s, less that ten percent of people around the world were considered obese (Karnani, McFerran, & Mukhopadhyay, 2014). Obesity has become a health epidemic. In America today, more than half of the population is considered overweight, if not obese (Kruger et al., 2014). All this talk about obesity and significant weight gain across the world has everyone wondering the same question, where is it coming from. Additional, weight gain isn’t the only thing that is increasing.... [tags: Nutrition, Obesity, Fast food, Junk food]
1445 words (4.1 pages)
- “There was a clock, a digital clock on the shelf by the table. Having the clock there was very important to me. It was my only reminder that the world was continuing as usual, despite what was happening to me (Don’t wall me a survivor by Emilie Morgan).” The quote from above is the author 's experience of being raped. Violence against women around the globe like the scenario of rape stated above is an issue which keeps women from obtaining equality and from living a happy life. There are various factors which contribute to gender violence globally.... [tags: Gender, Woman, Male, Masculinity]
749 words (2.1 pages)
- The modern world is interconnected on many different levels and it will only become more so with time when technological developments coupled with increased economic wealth of people living in developing and poor countries will be able to afford to consume more of foreign-made goods and travel to distant places. Therefore, I think that the question of whether "steps should be taken” to reduce the flows of people and goods in order to decrease the hazards these flows cause to public health is irrelevant.... [tags: Genetically modified organism]
1365 words (3.9 pages)
- Imagine standing in an octagonal shaped structure, enclosing a roofless inner pit. You are standing on a shell-carpeted floor and in front of you is a projected stage; a theater. Behind you are wooden seats and oak balusters. Have any idea of where you are. You are standing in the pit of Shakespeare’s famous Globe Theater. An English actor, Richard Burbage, constructed the Globe Theater in 1599. Unfortunately, it was burned down fourteen years later. In 1613 a cannon, discharged during a performance of Henry VIII, set fire to the thatched roof and destroyed the building (Microsoft Encarta Encyclopedia 2000).... [tags: Shakespeare’s Globe Theater]
743 words (2.1 pages)
- Around the world, hundreds upon hundreds of cultures are found. Whether it be ethnic foods or intriguing dances, each country holds a culture that they can claim to be their own. There are three countries that specifically have very interesting cultures: Mexico, with its festive parties and spicy cuisine; Brazil, with its laid back, happy atmospheres; and Spain, with its high fashion and romantic dances. Although all countries have their own unique traditions and customs, I found these countries to be the most relevant and interesting to me personally.... [tags: Mexico, Brasil, Spain]
1208 words (3.5 pages)
- In todays society there are things like television, movies, Internet, cell phones, and video games for entertainment. None of these luxuries existed in the time of Elizabethan Theater, but that does not mean there was no source of entertainment available. Instead of people going to the movies or playing video games, Renaissance folk would flock to the Globe Theater to see plays written by the great William Shakespeare. The Globe Theater, also known as Shakespeare’s Globe, was not only the most important structure for Shakespeare’s dramatic career but also the the pinnacle for the bustling environment with citizens in frenzy for entertainment.... [tags: shakespeare´s globe, elizabethan theater]
591 words (1.7 pages)
- Countries around the globe have continuously utilized Special Economic Zones (SEZs) as a way to create a unique environment in their national territories to foment their economy. SEZs are specific areas in a country that have different rules and regulations than the rest of the country in regards to taxes, labor laws, investment conditions, customs, and trade. These areas differ a lot from country to country due to a variety of factors. The political and economic environment of a country highly affects the creation and development of SEZs, as more “unstable” countries will have a harder time establishing successful SEZ’s because of the difficulties that may arise when attracting investors wi... [tags: International trade, Investment, Industry]
1197 words (3.4 pages)
- DLung Cancer There are 1,370,000 deaths per year due to lung cancer . Continuing to be the leading cause of death for men and women around the globe. Lung cancer is the uncontrolled growth of abnormal cells that start off on both lungs. There is no certain way of preventing lung cancer , but you can reduce your risks of getting it. Anybody from newborns to senior citizens, lung cancer has no favoritism choosing its next victim. There are two types of lung cancer : non-small cell lung cancer and small-cell lung cancer.... [tags: Lung cancer, Cancer, Asthma, Small cell carcinoma]
783 words (2.2 pages)
- INTRODUCTION The world is buzzing with the term – Internet of Things. The boom of IoT is not just limited to commercial or industrial sectors but it’s there in almost every household, schools, universities, malls and where not. Internet of Things represents how digital technology has taken over all around the globe. According to Gartner Inc. forecast around 6.4 billion connected things will be in use in 2016 which is 30% more from the year 2015. Internet of Things can be defined as communication of physical objects with sensors which are linked through wired or wireless network.... [tags: Customer, Customer service]
753 words (2.2 pages)
- All Around the Town Mary Higgins Clark started her writing career writing suspense stories and she hasn't changed very much since then. All her books are very interesting to read and they will always keep your attention to the end. All Around the Town was one of the stories written by Mary Higgins Clark. This book was a suspenseful, interesting, intriguing book. It held my interest until the end. The plot was twisty and unpredictable which meant that I would never get bored. The story takes place in Ridgewood, New Jersey. It takes place from June 1974 to about September 1991. This effects the rest of the story because this is the time period that the main character had he... [tags: All Around the Town]
1181 words (3.4 pages)
- Treating Osteopathy Arthritis with Acupunture
- Reflective Account of Your Experience in an Online Learning Environment
- Is Global Warming a Hoax?
- The influence of the Catholic Church on St. Flannan’s College, Ennis, Co. Clare
- Polish Americans in Chicago during World War II Historigraphy
- Best Ways to Lose Fat and Become Physically Healthy