The following morning, I woke up irritated to the sound of my alarm for school. Reluctantly, I pulled on a pair of grey sweats and stopped on my way downstairs to stare at the blanket of fresh snow on the roads outside. It was an awesome break in my luck. There was at least three inches of snow heavily coating the once dingy brown that defined my front yard. Thrilled with the weather, I headed downstairs truly excited for the first time in a while. To my surprise, as I grinned down the stairs, I noticed my dad at the front door. A woman stood in front of him, shivering from the sub-freezing temperatures outside. He kindly greeted the woman in Mandarin saying, “Hurry and come on in.” I fixed my eyes on a slim Taiwanese female who stood at approximately 5’7 with sleek, black hair, nut-brown eyes, and a straight nose. She wore a fashi...
... middle of paper ...
...had a legitimate conversation in place.
As I was about to walk off after breakfast, Anita comfortingly told me, “I just wanted to let you know that there is no pressure for you to like me right off but it would be great if we could become friends.”
“Alright, I’ll think about it.” I replied.
Her words were reassuring, and being friends sounded good. Nothing was being forced on me. It was just me getting to know another person and possibly becoming friends. By simply establishing conversation, a strong relationship lies only at an arm’s reach. First impressions are important, but honest intentions drive friendship to new levels. In a matter of weeks I felt considerably more comfortable asking for help, questioning her decisions, and even engaging in active discussions on controversial topics. I guess, in the end, I didn’t lose because I gained a lifelong friend.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- From time to time we all experience some form of change, whether it’s satisfying, or dissatisfying. Changes can make you or break you. In 2007, I was fifteen years old I had just graduated from Prairie Vista Middle School. Later that day I received a letter stating that I was accepted Lawndale High School. Lawndale High School did not accept all students that applied into their school, you had to go through an interview process and pass their placement tests. My family was very excited for me to attend Lawndale High.... [tags: High school, College, Eleanor Roosevelt]
1305 words (3.7 pages)
- Lifelong learning is developing a new skills or knowledge through lifelong, voluntary, and self-motivated pursuit of education for professional reasons or personal purpose. In other words, lifelong learning is the process of one educating oneself from early childhood to late senior years. A lifelong learning idea represents that, people learned by their selves, in groups, and from each other. Also, they learn by making real model solution to new products where we have to apply our skills and they take their skills that they learned and apply it to a real-life practice field.... [tags: Engineering, Engineer, Lifelong learning]
1336 words (3.8 pages)
- Lifelong learning, as a concept, has recently received a lot of attention. It has, however, been viewed largely in the context of individuals and as to how they need to continuously learn and evolve in a knowledge economy. The concept places value on flexible learning strategies, multidisciplinary and flexible approaches to curricula, and up gradation of skills to respond to the demands generated by the external environment. The external environment, however, effects not only individuals but the organizations as well.... [tags: knowledge, lifelong learning, organizations]
2576 words (7.4 pages)
- Surely, everyone is fond of the idea of friendship. In fact, to most people living on this earth believe that friends are the most important part of their lives. There have been lots of sayings, quotes, movies and music about the theme, friendship; and this also impacted many people in the way they see the idea of having friends and that it is worthwhile to have someone to rely on. The importance of friendship cannot just be forgotten like a snap of one’s fingers. It has stuck on to the minds of people through movies, such as ‘Harry Potter’ and TV series, like ‘Friends’.... [tags: friendship essay, my best friend]
1163 words (3.3 pages)
- Sacramento Assisted Living Facilities Sacramento assisted living facilities are designed to assist elderly persons who are able to care for themselves except for a few activities. Sacramento assisted living facilities are often deemed necessary when the person in question needs help preparing meals, bathing, dressing, performing household chores, is sometimes confused, or is experiencing memory problems. Sacramento assisted living facilities are not an alternative to a nursing home in Sacramento, but an intermediate level of long-term care appropriate for many California seniors.... [tags: Senior Living]
839 words (2.4 pages)
- I never thought that I would ever had to attend to a funeral of a close friend. Aaron Smith was only 18 years old and passed away from a tragic automobile accident. He was always a really happy guy and had the biggest smile there could ever be, his smile would make anyone get cheered up. He was about 5 foot 9 inches, light brown skin, and he had a thick body, and black hair. Aaron would always help out a friend in need, even though he had trouble with his divorced parents he wouldn’t let that get him down.... [tags: friendship essay, my best friend]
1268 words (3.6 pages)
- Nick was the kind of guy who always told you what you needed to hear even if it wasn’t always exactly what you wanted to hear. He was not only my youth pastor, but also one of my best friends. He was the guy that if he said something, you could always count on it to be true. If he said that he was going to do something, he would do it. When I was fourteen years old, I was always going around and doing a lot of things that I knew that I should not have been doing. One day, my friend Devon invited me to church and I didn’t want to come at first but then I decided that I would go anyways.... [tags: friendship essay, my best friend]
577 words (1.6 pages)
- When I first considered going to college I looked at many programs. The first thing I looked at from a monetary perspective was a local community college. My father and stepmother both worked there and so I could attend at no cost aside from books. While in the end this did not work out there was, a concept there that I think fosters a particular kind of learning that is worth sharing. This idea was labeled Learning Communities. The basic idea is to take two or more classes from different disciplines and teach them as a single class.... [tags: Personal Experience ]
1578 words (4.5 pages)
- Darkness, Be My Friend Darkness, Be My Friend is the fourth book in John Marsden's series consisting of Tomorrow, When the War Began, In the Dead of the Night and The Third Day, The Frost, in which seven young people are thrown into the middle of a violent war zone. Ellie, Fi, Kevin, Lee, Homer, Robyn and Corrie set out on a camping trip to a remote part of their district. They find their way into a remote basin surrounded by dangerous cliffs and difficult terrain, where they are completely safe and cut off from the rest of the world.... [tags: Darkness, Be My Friend]
648 words (1.9 pages)
- The Living Dead Since the beginning of film, people have been spellbound by horror movies. They seem to excite the viewer with emotions of fright, excitement and thrill. And since there have been horror movies there have been monsters to bring fright to the viewers during and after the movie. A common monster that can be found in multiple films is the zombie; also know as the living dead. One of the greatest living dead directors and screenplay writers would have to be George A. Romero. From his famous trilogy of living dead movies his final installment, Day of the Dead, proved to the world that zombies can be just as scary as any other horror monsters.... [tags: The Return of the Living Dead Horror Films Essays]
1485 words (4.2 pages)
- The History and Influence of Jazz in America
- Extreme Isolation: Home Schooling
- A Good Parent: Atticus in Lee Harper's To Kill a Mockingbird
- Interview With a Walgreens Manager
- Taking Life for Granted in "The Necklace," "My Left Foot," and "Our Town"
- Identification of Cuminoids with Anticancer Activity