The real sign that someone has chosen to dedicate themselves to living a healthy lifestyle is by the foods one eats, and how they perceive nutrition as a whole. A big downfall in todays society is the amount of fast food readily available to the public. “Since the 1970s, the number of fast food restaurants has more than doubled” (fitness.gov) . America used to be viewed as the wife stays home and makes dinner for the husband and family, but times have changed. With more women working full time jobs, nobody is home to cook the classic homemade dinner. This is a big cause of families eating fast food. It’s hard for a parent to work an eight hour day and want to go home and cook a full meal when the parent can pull through a drive thru and have a full family dinner in under ten minutes. Many families are making meals ahead of time and having left overs, but the cost of eating healthy actually costs more the filler filled meats and pro...
... middle of paper ...
... for muscles to grow. Having muscles conditioned for rigorous activity helps for any activity in life. Without properly functioning muscles the body its just skin and bone. Muscles give the body the ability to move. Healthy muscles are vital to lifting anything from a pencil to a boulder. Cardio will help with the heart being healthy, but muscle deterioration occurs over time if muscles aren’t used regularly. Proper muscle use through the course of ones life will help in a longer life being able to do everything unassisted.
Living a healthy lifestyle is good for a long, happy, and less stressful life. Nothing can take away the feeling one gets from being happy and healthy. Knowing that ones body is healthy is a great feeling. Everyone should strive to have the feeling of accomplishment and pride. Each person’s body is their own temple, it should be treated as such.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Happy, confident, energetic, strong and healthy are all qualities an individual wants. The real question is, how bad do they want it. It is really not as hard as it seems. Gradually changing your life into a well balanced, healthy lifestyle can be done. It may be hard getting rid of old habits, but it is well worth it. Start with little changes and less excuses. Living a healthy lifestyle is not a diet or some ridiculous weight loss challenge. A healthy lifestyle is about moderation, balance and simple substitutions.... [tags: Healthy Lifestyle Essays]
2350 words (6.7 pages)
- Starting from the first day we enter this world, we begin the process of aging. We start off as babies and progress to toddlers, children, teens, and finally adults. The very first day of our existence our body starts to age. As the body ages it starts to deteriorate. If a person does not take care of their body as they age, it shows that those are the main people that have the most complications later in life. All of these diseases would not be ruining peoples’ lives if they would take better care of themselves.... [tags: health, exercising, lifestyle]
1276 words (3.6 pages)
- The general approach in which Disney addresses the issue of child with their “Magic of Healthy Living” website page limits the effectiveness of the text. Finding a solution to the unhealthy lifestyle of America’s young generation requires an impactful and practical approach towards the catalysts that create this issue. Thus, the lacking explanation of possible risks with child obesity, ignorance of the required support of parents or guardians, and no acknowledgement of the importance of a balanced diet forms more issues instead of eliminating any.... [tags: Nutrition, Obesity, Health, Healthy diet]
721 words (2.1 pages)
- Last but not least, another way to practice the healthy lifestyle is by avoiding unhealthy activities. Unhealthy activities are a kind of lifestyles that being lived that is a threat to the person living it whether it be long term or short term. in the modern society, we life in terribly polluted world and we often be exposed to thousands of toxins and chemicals every day at work, home, in the air and in our daily meal. some other examples could be bad habits such as gambling, smoking and consume alcoholic drinks.... [tags: smoking, cigarette, alcohol]
537 words (1.5 pages)
- For years, I struggled dealing with all of the responsibilities that were bestowed upon my shoulders between school, homework, my personal life, and the other activities that I participated in. I didn 't learn to live a healthy lifestyle until reality struck when a cardiologist explained to me that my heart had a murmur. I was told that is was because of unhealthy lifestyle that I had adopted . I was overweight, I didn 't exercise, I didn 't eat right, and I didn 't want to be that person anymore.... [tags: Nutrition, Health, Personal life, Obesity]
792 words (2.3 pages)
- Living a healthy life style is the best way to leading a happier life. Dieting and working out promote good physical and mental health. Suffering from minor depression at one point, leading a healthier lifestyle was a coping mechanism for me. Seeing changes in my physical appearance enhanced my confidence. Making the decision of starting a new life style taught me discipline and good habits. Every bad, sad or frustrated emotion I felt was let out in the gym. This became an escape, a distraction from everything I was dealing with at that time, it became my happy place.... [tags: Obesity, Nutrition, Health, Healthy diet]
793 words (2.3 pages)
- Introduction My name is Dyamond Brokenberry, I am an 18 year old female who’s majoring in Biology at Prairie View A&M University, living a good healthy life but I have many unhealthy living habits such as eating junk food on the daily and not exercising like I used to or like I should. I decided to do my healthy lifestyle challenge over running and walking for 15 to 30 minutes each night around the campus for 30 days. On the nights that I didn’t run or walk around the campus, I went to the fitness room provided by University College (where all freshman stay).... [tags: Personal life, Nutrition, Junk food]
1384 words (4 pages)
- Even though exercising, and eating healthier cause’s weight loss, healthy eating and losing weight is extremely hard. Obesity with Americans are becoming extreme. Eating on a healthier level everyday can possible guarantee you a better life spam, heart, and body mass. Excessing and eating healthier causes weight loss healthy eating and losing weight is extremely hard. Although it is said that as people exercise often, they can maintain a study weight, but the process to lose weight and trying to succeed, is a big portion of succeeding a healthy eating regimen.... [tags: good nutrition, healthy lifestyle]
1198 words (3.4 pages)
- The Healthy Lifestyle of the RN Health care students quickly forget, as they transition into the role of an RN, that varying work schedules, long hours, and split shifts start to create an unhealthy balance for the working nurse. Eating schedules are off and daily exercise is forgotten. Mental health is at risk for being compromised from an increased level of stress, anxiety and concern about patients’ conditions, which does not include the extra mental clutter from their personal lives. Quickly, the RN loses focus on a healthy balance coupled with the everyday workload.... [tags: Nutrition, Health, Nursing, Obesity]
1019 words (2.9 pages)
- Keeping up a healthy lifestyle can be very difficult. Between work, school, and life in general, people barely have time to eat three meals a day. A lot of people struggle to incorporate healthy eating and physical activity in their daily routines. People forget that if they take care of themselves, it might help make their day a bit better. A healthy lifestyle is a very important part of living a better life. Recently, I have been busy and have been struggling to live a healthy life. The three factors that currently affect my health behaviors are fast food, living in a suburban area, and friends.... [tags: Nutrition, Health, Health care, Physical exercise]
1098 words (3.1 pages)
- A Brief Note On The Electronic Era And The Privacy Of Their Own Home And After Business Hours
- Employee 's Responsibility At The Company
- Fed Up By Stephanie Soechtig
- Personal Statement On Family Gathering
- Using My Intelligences Successfully I Be Analytical, Practical, And Creative
- Life Of Pi By Piscine Molitor Patel