Advertising is increasingly important in our modern life (Munusamy & Wong, 2007). It was because it can use to transmit a message to a great number of audiences easily (Al-Boloshi, 2010). Hence, many researchers have done their research about advertising. For example, there are many researchers test about the entertainment, informativeness, and credibility of mobile advertising (Haghirian & Madberger, 2005; Chowdhury et al., 2010; Al-Boloshi, 2010). Nonetheless, the rapid development on internet has made the usage of online advertising frequently move upward (Yunos, Gao, & Shim, 2003). Hence, this has intensified the interest of researchers to do relevant studies about advertising.
While many researchers have been dedicated to examining advertising, the essential of attitude towards advertising has also been recognized. Attitude towards advertising is known as a vital concept to identify the effectiveness of advertising (Lutz, 1985; Mehta & Purvis, 1995; Mehta, 2000; Ling et al., 2010). The impact on attitude towards advertising which in turn can also influence behavioral intention (Wolin et al., 2002). Besides, as the precursor of attitude towards advertising, beliefs about advertising is also important to investigate (Tan & Chia, 2007). As another precursor, personal values are adopted to investigate in this study (Kopanidis, 2009). Therefore, this study is set up to investigate the antecedent and outcome of attitude towards advertising.
2.2 Attitude towards Advertising
Attitude is the best evaluation tools towards objects, people, and issues (Solomon, Marshall, & Stuart, 2008). In the simplest way, attitude is a mindset that enables to affect a person behavior or their action on...
... middle of paper ...
...ing (Al-Boloshi, 2010). They use TRA as their underpinning basis to study their research. For example, in Al-Boloshi’s study (2010), he was using three components to direct the respondent behavior. The three items are behavioral, normative, and control. Attitude towards behavior is also used to guide the construction of behavioral intention. Ultimately, intention is used to predict the behavior (Al-Boloshi, 2010). Moreover, there is also researcher adopted TRA in advertising, For instance, in de Run & Ting research (2013), they have adopted TRA to study students attitude towards advertising. They use attitude to determine behavior and intention, and which in turn beliefs are used to predict attitude (de Run & Ting, 2013). Hence, in this study, beliefs will be used as one of the antecedent to predict attitude, and behavioral intention will be determined by attitude.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- It is no secret that so many children in the United States watch too much television. Corporations are cashing in on this lucrative opportunity because television is the “primary medium used to advertise to children” (Desrochers & Holt, 2007, p. 198). Watching television means also watching advertisements and commercials. With children being such an easy group to make impressions on, it is no wonder that advertising geared towards children costs companies billions of dollars each year. Granted these advertisements are not limited to television, it still shows how lucrative advertising towards children can be.... [tags: Advertising]
2156 words (6.2 pages)
- 1. INTRODUCTION Advertising is a type of marketing communication tool intended to inform and persuade potential audience to take some action in buying a product or service. The purpose of advertising is to create awareness of the product or service being advertised and provide information that will persuade the consumer to take action and make buying decision, not only to purchase but to repurchase and ultimately creating brand-loyal customers (Ayanwale et al., 2005). In today’s highly competitive market, marketers are facing challenges in developing effective TV advertisement and thus they have to think beyond informing, educating and facilitating the customers.... [tags: Advertising ]
2263 words (6.5 pages)
- Improving the serial number process in an innovative manner and minimizing cost in the process will greatly benefit CV Logistics. Logistics and manufacturing companies are currently using or moving towards automated systems that increase productivity. “Hand Held Products launched the world's first commercially viable hand held barcode wand scanner in 1972.” (barcoding, 2003, para. 3) Almost forty years later the technology has become mainstream and utilized in the majority of businesses. Also, since 1972 the price of hand held scanners has dramatically dropped.... [tags: Literature Review ]
1793 words (5.1 pages)
- 1. INTRODUCTION 2. LITERATURE REVIEW 3. RESEARCH OBJECTIVE 4. SOURCES OF DATA 5. RESEARCH DESIGN 6. CONCLUSIONS 7. BIBLIOGRAPHY 1. INTRODUCTION Advertising in business is a type of marketing communication used to encourage, persuade, or manipulate a customer to take or continue to take some action. The desired result is to drive consumer behavior with respect to a commercial offering. The primary role of advertising is to inform potential customers of the products and services in the market and convince them to make a purchase.... [tags: Role of Market Communication]
1792 words (5.1 pages)
- Review of Related Literature Nowadays, mobile phone advertising is becoming the mainstream and a new avenues that offers endless possibilities as digital innovations in all types of digital media including mobile phones or cellphones, cellular-enabled PC or tablets and another brees of hand-held device which transform and totally changed the game on how marketers advertise through mobile advertising and that is the advent of smartphones or highly advanced form of mobile phones. According to Dr. Preeta H.... [tags: phones, marketing, privacy]
1268 words (3.6 pages)
- Children born in the generation of mass advertising and overconsumption of foods are constantly being exposed to unhealthy foods. Mass advertising is one of the factors contributing to the obesity epidemic. Social, environmental and individual factors may further be influencing the rising rates of childhood obesity. Within this paper, I will provide a literature review about how television food advertising has played a role in the growth of childhood obesity and then discuss by what means the food advertising on television impacts childhood obesity.... [tags: Health, Physical Activitiy, TV time]
1530 words (4.4 pages)
- Introduction: We all have seen how Alcohol has had a sizeable impact on sporting events. Sporting events such as the Heineken Cup In Rugby, The Guinness Autumn Rugby Internationals, and The Hennessy Brandy Gold Cup. The All-Ireland Senior Hurling Championship was called the Guinness Hurling Championship when Guinness was the main sponsor between 1995 and 2008. In England Liverpool FC were sponsored by Carlsberg and Heineken also sponsor the Champions League. These are just some brands that have become synonymous with sport.... [tags: substance abuse instigated by marketing]
1161 words (3.3 pages)
- Humor In Advertising Introduction The Budweiser frogs, Orbit gum, and VW commercials are prime examples of how humor is used to sell an idea or product. In these companies humor is the main reason why their commercials have such success. The reason these work so well is that audiences are looking for entertainment and something fresh. Audiences are tired of being bombarded by hundreds of advertisements each day. To catch the attention of a viewer waiting for his or her show to come back on a commercial needs to be entertaining and give the viewer a reason to pay attention.... [tags: Advertisement Commercial Essays]
1941 words (5.5 pages)
- This Literature review will be focusing on the key issues regarding the living expectations of UK transport 171CBS Business Organisation Task: Marketing. What is the role of Marketing. Assignment two Discuss the role of marketing and the marketing department using an organisation of your choice to illustrate the points you make Mariom Jafar Business and Accounting 2nd March 2005 DUE DATE: 28th February 2005 R.Rogers Discuss the role of marketing and the marketing department using an organisation of your choice to illustrate the points you make Marketing is the way in which an organisation matches its own human, financial and physical resources with the wants of its customers.... [tags: Business and Management Studies]
1138 words (3.3 pages)
- One of the major challenges faced by public health in developed world today is childhood obesity, and this is predominant in Canada and the United States. The level of childhood obesity in Canada has increased enormously over the past decades. It was reported that over 26 per cent of Canadian children between ages of 6 to 17 years are overweight or obese which is approximately two times higher the rates three decades ago (Kent, Dubois, & Wanless, 2013). There are various chronic health problems that are related to childhood obesity which seems insurmountable to Canadian health care system.... [tags: children, childhood obesity, health]
2468 words (7.1 pages)