Although, I am not musically incline at the moment, so far I have learn that music have elements. Therefore, knowing the elements to music help with the procrastination of becoming one with music. The more that is being discover with music is the more intrigue you might be with learning on the topic. Aaron Copland said, “ one is always being told, as unarguable proof of musical person, that he or she can go to a show and then come home and play all the tunes on the piano” (Copland) . Aaron Copland also said, “That fact alone bespeaks a certain musicality in the person question but does not indicate the kind of sensitivity to music under examination here” (Copland). I am pretty sure that reading about a musical prodigy has capture our attention a few times in life, but that doesn’t mean music is truly being appreciated. Listening to music according to Aaron Copland involve three planes which are, sensuous plane, expressive, and sheerly musical plane (Copland).
Now contrary to what some may believe, we have all had a moment when we listen music from a sensuous plane perspective. Sensuous plane is listening to music for simple pleasure. For example, my sensuous plane music is R&B, Pop Rock, and Gospel. This of course depends on my mood at the current time. I would consider the sensuous plane the go with the flow listening skills. For instance, you may not even put much thoughts in listening to the music at all in other words, the music is just noise for distraction. Then, there is th...
... middle of paper ...
...hat to Listen for in Music). Rondo is a fundamental structure that is use very much today in certain composed pieces.
Lastly, fundamental structure is a free-section form. This formula is any arrangement can make music (Copland, What to Listen for in Music).
Subsequently, music start with composers but eventually ends with listeners. Now, eventually music listeners might need an interpreter to figure out the exact meaning of what some composers are trying to say, but finding time to explore music as a listener makes the interpreter’s job easy to rely a message.
Furthermore, music is a stress reliever to some to make them feel and completely having your mind focus on music will deliver an everlasting effect. In conclusion, listening to music can be fruitful experience if you actually take the time to discover what is being played and use an attentive conscious.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Something that I am fairly sure everyone has an opinion on is music. I have yet to meet a person who had to preference to music; everyone has something that they like to listen to. Lately for me that music has been hip-hop. But what about hip-hop am I trying to talk about, you are asking. Honestly, I would respond, would be anything; from the rhyme schemes and themes used in various sub genres of hip-hop to it being a political tool to some. At first when I interested in writing on the subject it seemed like something that I wanted to do just because I am really interested in the topic, which is true.... [tags: Hip hop music, Hip hop, Snoop Dogg, Gangsta rap]
844 words (2.4 pages)
- Depression is an illness that does not discriminate; it can affect anyone regardless of socio-economic background, class, ethnicity, occupation, and gender. Statistics from Health Canada show that 16% of Canadian women and 11% of Canadian men will experience severe depression at some point in their lives (“It’s Your Health,” 2009). As the current population stands, this equates to approximately 9.5 million Canadians being affected during the course of their lifetime. In recent decades, there has been a rise to the implementation of using music therapy as a means of aiding in treatment of those suffering from depression.... [tags: Music therapy, Therapy, Psychiatry, Psychology]
1526 words (4.4 pages)
- The Effects of Music on the Academic Mind Music has always had a large influence in my life. From the time I was a child, I loved turning on the radio and dancing around. As I grew older I found that I could harness this musical energy and began to clean while listening to music in a creative mix of dancing and putting things away. I began to apply this method I found that cleaning became more desirable and I actually had a desire to clean if not, just so I could listen to music. I can’t recall when I first had the idea to apply music to studying, though I know that it started with reading.... [tags: Music, Psychology, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Pulse]
1352 words (3.9 pages)
- Music has always had a large influence in my life. From the time I was a child, I loved turning on the radio and dancing around. As I grew older, I found that I could harness this musical energy and began to clean while listening to music in a creative mix of dancing and putting things away. I began to apply this method I found that cleaning became more desirable and I actually had a desire to clean if not, just so I could listen to music. I can’t recall when I first had the idea to apply music for studying, though I know that it started with reading.... [tags: Music, Psychology, Experiment, Pulse]
1326 words (3.8 pages)
- WHY STUDENTS CHEAT The problem of why students cheating are a big dilemma in our society now a day. Many educational institutions or private colleges have been facing for years. It is an old misconduct that students bring since they were in elementary school because nobody wants to be the second in the class. There are many organizations that have done research to prove the amount of students that cheat. They have found much kind of reasons why students feel the necessity to commit fraud. “ According to Gary Niels ’ most young people cheat at least once in their high school career’,3 Top Reasons Why Students Cheat”.... [tags: studying, fraud, effort]
633 words (1.8 pages)
- We each have our own favorite type of music. Many different aspects contribute to the kind we choose. Researchers believe that personality, how we see ourselves, our level of intelligence, our mood and level of self-esteem all have shown to influence our tastes in music. They have also found that not only do our personalities influence our music choices but the music can also influence our behaviors. It has been proven before that classical music helps with fetal development and is calming. Then, on the other end of the spectrum, heavy metal is most often looked at in regard to music’ effect on violence in adolescents.... [tags: behavioral and psychological analysis]
582 words (1.7 pages)
- The Benefits of Music Education Due to budget cuts, students all across America are missing an opportunity that could benefit them greatly. Many changes all across America are cutting the fine arts program out of schools. The fine arts program is incredibly important for a child. Children should be exposed to music at a young age to help them succeed as an adult. Music education should be properly funded so they can gain important knowledge and life skills in school. Music benefits kids in multiple ways, and many people do not understand what music can do for a child.... [tags: Education]
983 words (2.8 pages)
- ... By my third year I had become discontent with the life style I led, as well as the society surrounding me. After stumbling across the latest discoveries in Quantum Physics, neuroscience, and ancient wisdom, as well as having a number of “mystical” experiences, I radically reevaluated my belief system. Having found a new direction in my life, I left everything in the hectic New York City behind. I moved on my own to a rural area in Washington State in an effort to live a more peaceful and self-sufficient life, and pursue new experiences.... [tags: culture, training, frequencies]
1016 words (2.9 pages)
- Becoming a music producer can mean discovering and helping make the careers of artists. However, it takes time, effort, training and contacts. That's because a music producer has plenty of responsibilities during an album's production, both on the creative and the business looks sides. The producer supervises all aspects of the recording process, from helping to select songs to contracting with session players and deciding the sound of the song, selecting the studio and engineers, booking studio time and overseeing the recording budget.... [tags: artists, album, recording sesions]
647 words (1.8 pages)
- The Effect of Music on Performance of a Task Abstract In order to investigate whether music affected performance of a task, and experimental technique was used, variables were manipulated and data recorded. The aim of this study was to investigate whether different music styles affected the performance of a task. It was a novel experiment, only loosely based on previous research dating back to the 19th century. The method involved three groups of participants undertaking a test (solving thirty anagrams).... [tags: Papers]
3929 words (11.2 pages)