Given my schedule and Adrian being in crisis and in need of support, his assigned social work employee was able to assist him on days that I was not there. This was a challenge because at times we have different perspectives on how to approach the situations and how to deliver services. Of course she has been working at this department a lot longer than I have, has more experience than me, and has known this client a lot longer than I have made it difficult for me to approach certain situations. Not to say that she was wrong or that I was wrong, but there was often times a difference of opinions. My schedule again interfered with daily staffing of the Veterans in the program. I felt that this was important because they often discussed my Veteran and to me I felt like I was missing information about him when I would come in the next day. I felt like I was missing meaningful information for the fact that is was the whole team that consist of social workers, registered nurses, and peer supports coming together to think of solutio...
... middle of paper ...
...rmination, which can arise many ethical dilemmas. More importantly thinking of what can cause less harm, because I am well informed that social work with any population is never black and white.
I can accomplish to do all this by looking at the whole picture, because there is always more to what people believe. Also because I am human it is not abnormal not to judge, but I have learned to be mindful in my professional setting because this can impact the way I deliver services. It is okay to feel like I disagree with my client’s decisions and opinions, but it is not right to ever let them know that because that is not what they need from us and at the end of the day it is all about the client. Of course working with clients that are often in crisis and seeking for our help can be emotionally exhausting therefor having a strong self-care plan is a must if I want to con
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- findings will be presented and discussed in order to lead to a final chapter of conclusions, recommendations and limitations. JUSTIFICATIONS AND LIMITATIONS Choosing the right methods and techniques are very important to the type of research carried out. It has to be appropriate and compatible with the purpose of the investigation. This paper will use three qualitative approaches in order to extract and utilize the wealth of potential information latent in the subjects. The use of Participant observation is very appropriate for data collection since intern’s attitude in a naturally occurring behavior and the study is carried out in its usual context.... [tags: Psychology ]
620 words (1.8 pages)
- Summary I completed my first work term in the role of “operations intern” at Barry Callebaut, Chatham. During my time there, I worked on projects for production, process and quality departments. While completing these projects, I gained insight on the significance and interactions of the departments in a manufacturing environment. My work term has proven to be extremely beneficial. I was able to satisfy my goals, develop and enhance skills, gain valuable engineering experience, and become comfortable in a professional setting outside of university.... [tags: Communication, Writing, Management]
1057 words (3 pages)
- Throughout the course of my internship at Orlando Health as a Corporate Patient Experience intern, I took part of several projects that were vital to the organizational goals. One of the largest project I embarked on since the beginning was to revamp the Patient Experience website for the intranet of the hospital. The purpose of the project is to create team member engagement and to impact patient experience scores on a hospital-wide level through increased information in a common space. One of the first components of the project was to learn what really is patient experience and how it has an impact on the hospital in general.... [tags: Hospital, Patient, Physician, Team]
989 words (2.8 pages)
- Due to this practicum course, I have been working for the Detroit tigers since May 16 2016 until August 13 2016. The Detroit tigers employed me as an Intern Certified Athletic Trainer for the minor league system; specially to perform my duties for the Gulf Coast League during the respective season, and to assist the Minor League Medical Coordinator / Rehabilitation coordinator; Corey Tremble, on his daily duties. The sports medicine staff is in charge on the injury prevention, first response, injury assessment, treatment and rehabilitation, and organization and administration duties.... [tags: Minor league baseball, Major League Baseball]
983 words (2.8 pages)
The Between The 1980s And The 2000s Conservatives Expressed Support For Placing Limitations On Government
- 9- Between The 1970s and the 2000s conservatives expressed support for placing limitations on government When Ronald Reagan first was nominated for president in the early 1980s he was playing with the conservatives card. He believed that some of the past presidents that served before him may of abused the power of the government. America was founded as a nation of the people, not the government. In Ronald Reagans Nomination speech he vows to use the government as to help the people of the United States but only to get started then he would let us help the country as a whole.... [tags: President of the United States, Richard Nixon]
1754 words (5 pages)
- For the UCDC summer 2014 program, I worked as a business intern at National Education Association (NEA). NEA is the largest professional association as well as the largest labor union in the United States. Members include teachers, professors, school bus drivers, and people working in the US educational system. The organization has more than 3 million members and the association operates on membership payments. Since I am majoring in economics and accounting, my main interest while finding a summer internship was to acquire corporate experience related to the field of accounting and to learn more about the business aspect of how an organization operates.... [tags: Intern, Internship, Purchase requisition]
1240 words (3.5 pages)
- a. Tell me about yourself. I’m always passionate about business IT and leading edge technology in both enterprise and consumer standpoint so that I decided to major in MIS and computer science. For my internship, I have been an application performance monitoring intern at BCBS, where my responsibilities were handling different sources of data, consolidating the information, analyzing and developing business reports for upper manager. The reason I particularly enjoyed this opportunity is the chance to interact with high volume of data, imply security standards on them and work in an actual team in a real setting.... [tags: Project management, Project, Management, Intern]
807 words (2.3 pages)
- An Intern’s Dilemma Working well with others, especially those in a position of authority is a sought after characteristic for employers. However, disrupting the stagnant norm for good reason is essential for community and business growth, particularly when it concerns ethics. Leaders are created by the hard decisions they make that develops influence over others, regardless of the delegation of power. Describe what Mark Identified as being unethical. Mark was asked by the Asia office executives of a technology company, he desired to intern for, to conduct a project of gathering information on competitors in his area.... [tags: Ethics, Business ethics, Applied ethics, Morality]
1048 words (3 pages)
- Students are recruited from the schools of pharmacy via short advertisement displayed as a Power Point during a required class for first-year and second-year students. Interested students will be required to submit a resume along with the personal statement to the internship program director. Pharmacy students who express their interest in research pharmacy will be invited for an interview with the program director. Students who are self-motivated and possess great communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills will be offered a position of an intern.... [tags: Pharmacy, Pharmacology, Pharmaceutical drug]
1066 words (3 pages)
- HSBC- we are the world's local bank The Business/Organization The HSBC Group is named after its founding member, The Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited, which was established in 1865 to finance the growing trade between Europe, India and China. The inspiration behind the founding of the bank was Thomas Sutherland, a Scot who was then working for the Peninsular and Oriental Steam Navigation Company. He realized that there was considerable demand for local banking facilities in Hong Kong and on the China coast and he helped to establish the bank which opened in Hong Kong in March 1865 and in Shanghai a month later.... [tags: essays research papers]
3009 words (8.6 pages)