Essay PreviewMore ↓
Ho Chi Minh was born on May 19, 1890 in Hoang Tru, Vietnam. His real name is Nguyen Sinh Cung and later changes to Ho Chi Minh for what’s he’s famous for. His father name is Nguyen Sinh Huy. His father has an anti-French attitude, but Ho Chi Minh also has a sister named Thanh and a brother named Khiem. Ho Chi Minh mostly gets his influence from his father due to Vietnam was the time of the French imperialism was in power. During the French colonial reign, Ho Chi Mih was considered a modern day hero, which inspires many Vietnamese people to follow him to overthrow the French off of their country to win independence for freedom.
Ho Chi Minh demonstrated heroism through his life experience and the hardships and struggles to accomplish his goals to victory to keep Vietnam united and independent from foreign invaders. He was born in Hoang Tru, Vietnam with his father, Nguyen Sinh Huy. In addition, his father had an anti-French attitude when his father works in the government and got fired. His father was Ho Chi Minh’s inspiration. During the time in imperialism, Ho Chi Minh had a wretched childhood, but around in his teenager years, he was able to study at grammar school in Hue. His struggles was to maintain the French off of Vietnam because he is tired of being controlled, Vietnam as a colony. He demonstrated heroism when he fought for his country’s freedom for years. He makes an organization of his own group of Vietnamese supporters to join forces with him to stop the French colonial power. Ho Chi Minh was experience hero who stands up for himself and knows how to fight for Vietnam’s freedom from the French colonialism.
Ho Chi Minh’s deed as a hero was he demonstrated heroism with responsibility, honesty, focus and courage. His responsibility was to keep Vietnam united from falling apart as it seen from the Vietnam War when the North and South Vietnam was split in halves. His courage was to organize the French colonial powers, alongside with French Indochina supporters as well too. He waged the battle very long against the great European colonial powers. Moreover, he displayed honesty that he promised to help his people of Vietnam to keep other foreign invaders power off of Vietnam, which is one of his main goals. He focuses on his main goals to keep his country in peace from falling apart because of the colonial powers.
How to Cite this Page
"The Life of Ho Chi Minh." 123HelpMe.com. 07 Dec 2019
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- In this essay I will be discussing how Ho Chi Minh sense of nationalism was the driving force in ending French rule in his country. By tracing Ho Chi Minh’s life it becomes rather obvious that his endeavors would result in a strong sense of nationalism for his country that had long been exploited by French rule. Following his travels throughout the world Minh found that the West had no interest in a free a Vietnam, so Minh was forced to turn to the Communist for help. By working with the communist, Minh was ultimately able to free the Vietnamese people from French rule.... [tags: Vietnam, Ho Chi Minh, Communism, Vietnam War]
1631 words (4.7 pages)
- Communism as a political philosophy has had both its critics and nationalist proponents throughout recent history. As a tool for nationalistic movements in recent, one of the most compelling examples is how communism was introduced and used by Ho Chi Minh to help Vietnam become a unified and independent nation in the 1970s. Ho Chi Minh, a Marxist Leninist, charismatic and populist leader, adopted communism through his experiences, struggles, and challenges. Communism came to play an important role in bringing Vietnam independence and freedom from the French and subsequent colonialist rulers.... [tags: Ho Chi Minh Essays]
1887 words (5.4 pages)
- Famous author Stephen Covey once said, “Trust is the glue of life. It’s the most essential ingredient in effective communication. “He also said “Management is efficiency in climbing the ladder of success.” The quotes taught me because I found its message to be true. I have learned many lessons in my life. As a result of my past life experiences, I have learned the importance of trustworthiness, kindness and good management. My past includes growing up in Vietnam. I was born in Ho Chi Minh, the biggest city in Southern Vietnam with much French architecture and a diversity of cultures.... [tags: Ho Chi Minh, Ho Chi Minh City, United States]
803 words (2.3 pages)
- As a result of my past life experiences, I have learned the importance of trustworthiness, good management, and healthy relationships. My past includes growing up in Vietnam. I was born in Ho Chi Minh, the biggest city in Southern Vietnam with many French architectures and diversity of cultures. Most people from other places in Vietnam come to Ho Chi Minh City to settle their business or look for a chance to stay in that city. I am one of the citizens with a Bachelor of Business Administration, so I am able to get a job in a trading company with a high salary.... [tags: Ho Chi Minh, Ho Chi Minh City, United States]
850 words (2.4 pages)
- ... On the third day, the motor broke down. There was no more food or water on the boat. With the pangs of hunger and thirst coursing through his every vein, my father gave up on every one of his ideals. He wanted nothing other than to live. Luckily, a boat of Taiwanese fisherman came by and saved him and his companions. But when he finally arrived in America, my father had nothing but the clothes on his back and shame for his heritage and his country. My father could no longer follow through with his old aspirations.... [tags: communism, Ho Chi Minh, vietnam]
928 words (2.7 pages)
- Vietnam had been under control of France since the 17th century until the aspiring and aggressive. Ho Chi Minh started his action of making Vietnam independent. Ho Chi Minh traveled different countries to communicate and fight for his country. After countless difficulties, Ho Chi Minh with his tireless efforts successfully achieved the independence of Vietnam and the liberation of Vietnam. The Asian nation of Vietnam has had a troubled past. The main themes of Vietnam history are about colonial and fights.... [tags: Vietnam, France, World History]
1433 words (4.1 pages)
- Ho Chi Minh was born on 19th of May, 1890 in the village of Hoàng Trù in Vietnam during the time of the French colonisation, his given name was Nguyen That Thanh. His father, Nguyen Sinh Sac, was a district magistrate during the early 19th century, who was openly critical of the French policies that had infiltrated the executive arms of the country's ruling elite. Such political ideas were passed down to his son Ho Chi Minh who became of one of the most influential, nationalistic political leaders of the 20th Century.... [tags: french socialist movement, vietnam, colonization]
872 words (2.5 pages)
- Ho Chi Minh Nguyen Sinh Cung. Aguyen Tat Thanh. Nguyen Ai Quoc. Ho Chi Minh. One brilliant man belongs to all these names. In his younger life he worked a variety of jobs and traveled to many foreign places. As time goes on he becomes a popular communist. Ho Chi Minh was a visionary in North Vietnam, and he wouldn’t stop until he made South and North Vietnam one. In efforts to unite them he led North Vietnam to war against South Vietnam. His pursuit of a united Vietnam was powered by his determination, quick wits, and courage.... [tags: Vietnamese History, War]
1090 words (3.1 pages)
- Ho Chi Minh meaning ‘enlightened one’ was born in Vietnam in the year 1890, to a teacher [Nguyen Sinh Huy] who was employed by the French. Nguyen had a reputation of being very bright and intelligent but he lost his job due his unwillingness to learn the French language, he was a strong nationalist. He taught his children to resist the ruling of the French; they all grew up to become strong nationalists who were willing and ready to fight for the independence of their country, Vietnam. Ho Chi Minh’s sister helped in stealing weapons when she was employed by the French government and sentenced to life imprisonment.... [tags: Biography]
1521 words (4.3 pages)
- Ho Chi Minh Vietnamese statesman, Communist leader, and Confucian humanist, who led the country's struggle for independence in the 1940s and was a major figure in the war between North and South Vietnam in the 1960s. Ho Chi Minh devoted his life to the nationalism, which to promote the Vietnamese independence. Ho emphasized the revolutionary potential of the peasantry, and used communism as a device to bring the independence in Vietnam.... [tags: Papers]
2397 words (6.8 pages)
Ho Chi Minh had died a long time ago, but people today still honor him for his courageous actions in Vietnam. He died from a heart failure at his home in 1969. He was 79 years old at that time. Before he died, he wanted to see North and South Vietnam united again as Socialist Republic of Vietnam. After the fall of Saigon, the city was later renamed as “Ho Chi Minh City” to honor him for what he did to win independence and freedom for his country.
Lloyd, Dana. World Leaders Past and Present: Ho Chi Minh. New York: Chelsea House, 1986. Print.
Ho Chi Minh is considered as a modern day hero for he did that he took a responsibility and courage to free Vietnam from French colonial powers as well as the other invaders too. It takes the time for him to achieve his goal to see Vietnam being independence and free from imperialism with the help from his supporters that willing to help him to accomplish it. However, his actions were courageous and he was absolutely great at speaking publicity to stand up for his country’s independence. He’s willing to do anything to free Vietnam from the French. He wanted everyone and even himself, to stand up when he sees his country falls into doom, but help everyone to fight back against the French.