There are many advantages of being a celebrity – we all know that – some of these are: the money, celebrities earn impressive amounts of money, for example, Tiger Woods has made over a billion dollars; the popularity, everyone wants to be popular, with popularity comes advertisement deals, interviews and many more money raking benefits.
Moreover celebrities also benefit from good press from the magazines and tabloids, as they increase the celebrity’s popularity. The media can also purchase pictures, for example: wedding pictures, V.I.P parties, new born babies and many more.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Essay 4 Draft The life of models has always looked so glamorous; that’s the point. Girls and women are supposed to aspire to look and live like them, and boys and men are supposed to aspire to date them. However, many of these girls’s dreams are crushed when they are nonchalantly told that they can not be a model if they expect to eat ice cream everyday like they already do, or if they are only 5 foot 4 and they are told that models have to be taller than that to even be considered for the job.... [tags: Woman, Female, Boy, Gender]
1374 words (3.9 pages)
- Should celebrities have their right to privacy. Before newspapers, television, and the internet, ordinary people were not exposed to endless stories about celebrities. Today however, we are bombarded with information about who is dating whom, where they eat, and what they wear from magazines such as People, Entertainment Weekly, and Star. Also, most ordinary people respect the rights of others to a private life. However, some people are just obsessed to get information out of celebrities. They want to know everything about them and have a desire for more information.... [tags: celebrities, paparazzi, invasion of privacy]
1573 words (4.5 pages)
- I have been interested in the paparazzi and the people who stalk celebrities since my brother first started his musical career. When people would say how lucky I was to have a famous family member, I wished they could see the other side. Our perspective was not nearly the glamorous lifestyle that many people imagined. Our life stories, candid statements, and friendships are examined like it is evidence for a major crime scene. Studying the issue from my unique perspective, I also realized the solution was not as simple as I thought.... [tags: Celebrities]
1632 words (4.7 pages)
- People look up to celebrities as role models, the youth especially. The youth believes that if they imitate these cynosures they will become affluent and legendary. Famous people imply that if the youth act insubordinately they will be successful in life. Celebrities of today are not appropriate role models for this generation. Everywhere a person looks, sex is exalted by celebrities. Commercials and advertisements now use risqué celebrities who are half naked to endorse their products. A 'Got Milk?' advertisement used an exposed photograph of Miley Cyrus with nothing but a sheet covering her breasts and a portion of her posterior.... [tags: celebrities, role, models, youth, sex]
586 words (1.7 pages)
- People might think the news media is great because they tell people everything. It is the 411 on what is happening in the United States of America. However, is it really their business to know everything. People have the right to their privacy. There is no need to exploit people’s lives all over the television, magazines, or newspapers. They are violating their privacy. This exploiting of the media is ruining people’s lives and it needs to stop. They need to stop because some things that are exploited in the media cause people to judge others, which is just not right at all.... [tags: media, USA, privacy, Celebrities, ]
1360 words (3.9 pages)
- ... Who we give our attention to varies, and while some fall of the market, others maintain their status as mainstream figures. It’s hard not to be left with an impression by many of our celebrities over time. For example, lets consider Wiz Khalifa. Wiz Khalifa is an artist, who has been producing the art of rap, acquiring a significant amount of attention over the past few years. One of his first biggest hits was the song, “Black and Yellow” which was released back in 2011. Even after claiming his song to be number one on iTunes, he continues to produce music, and selling out tickets for his concerts and tours to date.... [tags: talent, behavior, appearance]
1130 words (3.2 pages)
- Much of today’s society seems obsessed on what actors/actress, athletes, and music artist are wearing, eating, who they are marrying, dating, where they are vacationing, what affairs they are having or have had, and how they live their everyday lives. What’s so interesting about this obsession is as a society we build them up only to tear them down. Media outlets are swift to report when celebrities are in trouble; accomplishments are hardly reported unless they have passed away or an awards show is being telecast.... [tags: Media, Celebrities, USA, standards,]
713 words (2 pages)
- It seems as if sppome people just can’t get enough of the exploratory tabloids of their favorite celebrities, some people still take an interest in celebrities that aren't even around anymore . Throughout Americas Hollywood History the views of women actresses has changed drastically, two very good examples are Elizabeth Taylor and Lindsay Lohan.The contrast between these two women show a difference in class,culture and time. By researching actresses Elizabeth Taylor and Lindsay Lohan one would discover the tragic and destructive toll Hollywood glamor that would eventually come to overrun their lives.... [tags: Pop Stars, Celebrities, Americas Hollywood History]
1684 words (4.8 pages)
- “Kanye Ran onto the stage saying, ‘I'm sorry, but Beyoncé had one of the best videos of all time!’” (Top 10 Outrageous Kanye West Moments), says Kanye West at the 2009 MTV Video Music Awards after Taylor Swift had just won “Best Female Video.” People that are like this have typically not always been this way. They were probably raised as a polite and respectful person before they were exposed to fame and fortune, and other “celebrities,” making them feel like they are the only people on the planet.... [tags: hip hop artist, celebrities, kanye west]
1388 words (4 pages)
- The term paparazzo is defined as “a freelance photographer who pursues celebrities to get photographs of them.” (Definition of paparazzo, 2011) The name originated from the last name of a photographer in the 1960 film La Dolce Vita. (Green) Yet the meaning from the word paparazzo denotes a stronger meaning than just a freelance photographer. The paparazzi are notorious for their persistent and annoying personalities who will go through any measure to get the shot that they wish for. The main targets of the paparazzi are the celebrities who enchant the public.... [tags: Celebrities ]
1606 words (4.6 pages)