As time goes by we should really enjoy what we have because it could all be over sooner than you think. Life was great it had been 2 years since we had left Orlando and even though it wasn’t perfect I had a family a mom, a dad, and two siblings. I had just started high school and it was crazy from hormones to expectations I was in a world wind of emotions. It is at a moment when you think you are happy and you have found a place and people you trust that things get destroyed. It was February 2013 valentine’s day weekend. We had my two younger cousins over for the weekend. It was the last night they were over my mom had went out for a girl’s night out and my cousins and sister were all sleeping in my room. At around 2am my stepfather came into my room to tell me my mother is not home nor answering any phone calls or text. When it comes to my mother her and booze do not mix well she gets over flirtatious and makes terrible choices. What could we think but at that poin...
... middle of paper ...
...oes on unharmed untouched by anything or any harm she does. It’s like I’m the one who came out the worst in it all and she is untethered. After everything that has happened I have escaped into my electronics not showing emotion publicly. Even now I can still remember everything that has happened between me and my mother. Maybe I am better with all that has happened you never really know. And some people call me cold, or heartless because I don’t really hang out with people or I’m not a family person but it is not that I am cold or heartless I have great love of everything and everyone it is just not completely fixed yet. That’s why I say be happy always because I’ve been through enough fights and tears to last more than a lifetime. Even though worst could have happened, there is worst happening everyday this is just my story on how I became not my mother’s daughter.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- “Blood is thicker than Water.” That common proverb may contain some truth. In the case of Eveline in “Eveline” by James Joyce, the family and religion appear to be the glue that holds’ this family together. For some people, including Eveline; religion and family are a very important part of life. Religion is a way of life For Eveline and her family. Eveline being Irish and growing up in Ireland, it was almost a law that one be a good Catholic. One part of being a good Catholic is being a good family.... [tags: Character Analysis]
529 words (1.5 pages)
- People say that blood is thicker than water which it is but sometimes it’s the blood that tears you down the most. Before we begin with the day to end a relationship we have to time travel to a few years back my last day of sixth grade to be exact. It was the day we moved in to my mom’s fiancés house at the time I was 12 and have lived in my grandparents my whole life, and this was some terrifying to me the only other time I did not live at my grandparents’ house was when I was 8 and it was with my mom’s drunk ex.... [tags: Family, Stepfamily, English-language films]
1400 words (4 pages)
- ... Without airing too much, I will say there are two sides to my brother; the side he shows my family and the other side which I consider to be his true side. I have reason to believe that once my parents pass away; my relationship with him will be non-existent. I became aware of underhanded behavior concerning him during the divorce. He was hiding large quantities of money, alleging to give up his business so his income would be less resulting in less child support owed, and there were numerous accounts of him manipulating my sister-in-law into an uncontested divorce that would be detrimental to her.... [tags: dilemma, relationship, brother]
673 words (1.9 pages)
- In the documentary ‘Bra Boys: Blood is thicker than Water’, the harsh violent scenes of the surf gang, contrast with the beautiful Sydney beaches, showing no parallel whatsoever. The documentary leaves audiences shocked and disgusted at the brutality displayed by the gang, suggesting that Sunny Abberton did more harm than good in his documentary. The documentary was made in 2007, with 200 plus notorious surf members including Sunny’s brothers, Koby, Jai and Dakota Abberton. It shows the cultural evolution of the inner-Sydney beachside suburb of Maroubra, a depressed suburban community East of Sydney, riddled with drugs, crime, street violence and broken families.... [tags: Bra Boys, Koby Abberton, Maroubra]
1632 words (4.7 pages)
- Blood runs thicker than water. Art Spiegelman portrays a story through a non-traditional form of literature. Humans are not drawn; however, animals are used to represent a different group of individuals. The mice are the Jews, the Cats are the Germans, and the pigs are the Poles. Albeit the clear-cut framework, Maus is a novel that paints the horrors of the Holocaust and the aftermath. Spiegelman interviews his father, Vladek, for his personal recollection and experience from the tragedy. The novel itself is divided into two volumes, developing the characters over the span of both.... [tags: Maus, Art Spiegelman, Graphic novel, Novel]
711 words (2 pages)
- The blotches of blood stains on the once pure soul can never be cleansed. As the illusion of blood seeps through the punctured heart, the guilty conscience accumulates the state of mind that justifies the blood shed by one’s urge to exterminate those whom interfere with their “destined” fate. In the play, Macbeth by William Shakespeare, the witches’ prophecies made Macbeth bound to believe that it is plausible, therefore, Macbeth plots a plan executing those who restrain him from his pursuit for power, which ultimately ends in his inevitable death, leaving him scarred with nothing but his guilty conscience.... [tags: Tragedy, Crime]
948 words (2.7 pages)
- Billy Shuibi Bio 100 Strauss 11 May 2016 Heart The heart is one of the most unique organs in the human body. Its capabilities and functions truly are amazing. The heart 's function is to pump blood throughout the body supplying oxygen and nutrients to tissues. The heart is the size of your fist and weighs roughly 8-12 ounces depending if you’re male or female. The heart pumps through 100 kilometers of blood vessels for blood that is 3 to 4 times thicker than water at 60 to 80 times minute for a total volume of 5 million liters a year at rest.... [tags: Heart, Blood, Artery, Vein]
1307 words (3.7 pages)
- ... First, Orysia used her daughter’s money which she saved for her to go to the university. She wanted to become a dentist and it’s not easy. For sure, she was mad because her dream wouldn’t come true. A girl who set her average to be ninety percent to go to the university and a smart kid in school. She tries her very best to make her dream come true. If she doesn’t get mad, then what does she do. Definitely, she doesn’t like her mother using her money, but she does think about that this money is going to help her grandfather.... [tags: blood, family, church, truth]
568 words (1.6 pages)
- Womanhood in Thicker than Water A woman's sexual discovery, or her menstruation, or her domesticity, or the development of her body, or a realization of an age-old philosophy, is perhaps, the catalyst to becoming a conventional woman. Regardless, civilization may hint to 'some' rite of passage, but is it clear as to 'what' it is that marks this new title of womanhood. The answer may seem blurred in the complexity of Kathryn Harrison's character Isabel, in her novel Thicker Than Water. Isabel's transformation—sometimes overlooked metamorphosis—is thwarted by her lonely search in discovering herself and her home, while yearning for her mother's love.... [tags: Papers]
1571 words (4.5 pages)
- Cardiovascular system Our body is organized and connected with all different systems such as cardiovascular system, respiratory system and urinary system. They work together to maintain a healthy condition for normal activity. After one semester learning of physiology and anatomy, I do believe the cardiovascular system is the most unique and crucial system for animals because of its deliberate cooperation with other systems and variety usages for health check. Cardiovascular system has three important components: heart, blood, and blood vessels.... [tags: Blood, Heart, Artery, Cardiovascular system]
1345 words (3.8 pages)