Everyday more and more people are digging deeper and deeper into a progressing economic crisis. America’s economic situation has slowly flat lined over the years raising prices and taxes on everything. This has made jobs harder to get, due to high degree requirements, and last, but not least the raging prices to go to college and the loans from college or credit cards to pay off afterwards. These issues bring a serious effect to young adults all over America. America’s economic situation has only brought difficulties and trials on todays’ generation because of the issue to get decent paying jobs, the life long debt due to college tuitions, or even credit debts that will only progressively bring more havoc for future generations and cause their lives to be essentially more difficult than today’s generation
Today’s generation has had a major change since 50 years ago. Kids are not graduating, moving out, getting jobs, and starting a family right away. Girls have become more independent and go to college very casually just like most young American men and women do. College tuition has gone through the roof and made it very difficult for some young adults to attend college. This usually results in students living at home through college to help save money and the long-term effects loans and credit cards can cause. More and more young adults are putting off deep and long commitments as in marriages, families, or even buying houses. College is a very time consuming function. There are a lot of college students who can only work part time and not make very good wages, making it hard to pay for college tuition. Trying to find a job makes this task even more difficult. When th...
... middle of paper ...
...n and talent and a mission on what they plan to do for the rest of their life, but can’t because debt left over from college and credit cards has hindered them. It is not their fault they wanted a job, but decent jobs require certain degrees and to earn that you have to go to college, but to pay for college you need a job.
Draut, Tamara. “The Economic Crunch.” Readings: Issues and Arguments. Print
Gersten, Ben. "The Frightening Financial Crisis Facing Young Americans." Money Morning Only the News You Can Profit From. Money Morning, 1 Feb. 2013. Web. 10 Nov. 2014.
Kurtzleben, Danielle. "Average Student Debt Reaches All-Time High." US News. U.S.News & World Report, 3 Nov. 2011. Web. 10 Nov. 2014
Kurtzleben, Danielle. "Today 's Young Adults Suffering More Financially than Older Generations." US News. U.S.News & World Report, 7 Nov. 2011. Web. 10 Nov. 2014.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Abortion is like many issues that are dealt with today, but unlike other issues this deals with a key element, a human life. Today millions of women around the world abort a child, the pain, loss, and emotional need to justify what was done, both on the mother and her loved ones, has strong and deep effect. In any debate, you may face and invisible thumb on the scale so that even the best logic will fail to persuade, but remember this “A person is a person no matter how small” by Dr. Seuss (Horton Hears of Who, 2008).... [tags: Abortion, Pregnancy, Late-term abortion]
1316 words (3.8 pages)
- Issues in Education Today Every person will have their own opinions and input on education and what is, or is not, wrong with it today. Some of these people include those who can actually make a change in the system; we have heard empty promises from senators, congressmen, and our very own presidents. We all want to improve the system for our children, siblings and for ourselves. In 1848 Horace Mann found solutions for education, but today we need more focus on foreign languages, nutrition, and personal finance classes.... [tags: High school, Education, Language education]
1731 words (4.9 pages)
- I was born in Mobile, AL. My date of birth is January 4, 1979. I was raised in San Diego, California. Most of my life I have been surrounded by a diverse culture of people. The role of academia and social issue are two topics I will be discussing personal experiences about my intellectual autobiography. Therefore, I have been inspired by educators in my community to discover a new path to improve education. Social issues has impacted economic and housing developments, jobs, and environmental resources.... [tags: Sociology, Education, Social issues, University]
792 words (2.3 pages)
- Mid-Term Exam 1. Students have traditionally called attention to social problems by organizing demonstrations, rallies, protests, and debates on their campuses. Throughout the years there have been many issues that have drawn the support of students such as civil rights, economic and political oppression, wars, genocides, and one of the “newer” issues, gay rights/ marriage equality. In today’s society, I believe students will support causes that are relevant to their way of life (supporting the LGBT cause, for / against war in a certain country, as well as other issues such as economic and gender inequality).... [tags: Social Issues]
1132 words (3.2 pages)
- There are many ethical issues in today’s society. I believe that my generation is caught right in the middle of a generation gap. I have noticed over the years growing up, that some people have very opposing views on certain ethical issues. These can either be little conflicts of blown up out of proportion. I also have noticed that on some issues, my parents and I have completely different views on some issues. I thought it would be interesting to interview my mom about, one of today’s big issues, same sex marriage.... [tags: Same-sex marriage, Marriage, Homosexuality]
1137 words (3.2 pages)
- A family is recognized as a group of people who shares DNA, love, respect, commitment and will to help one another within any situation. The importance of a family is to instruct children and gives guidance about personal values and social behavior. Unfortunately, in today’s world countless problems complicate this meaning. Issues such as incest, absent father figure, lack of communication, divorce, domestic violence, balance of work and materialism are many of the reasons why families continue to fail. These issues are categorized into three categories, which are social, emotional, and financial.... [tags: Social issues, emotional issues, financial issues]
1367 words (3.9 pages)
- 1. One of the most significant changes taking place in the past few decades, the one that has had a pronounced effect on millions of families, causing considerable concern, has been the movement of women into the workplace. This change has had momentous effects on women, on children, on men, on marital relations- on families. Since 1970s, according to the demand for low-paying “pink-collar”, women moved into those pink-collar jobs and into other jobs as well. The number of hiring women has steadily increased, so in 1960, 32 percent of married women in the labor force.... [tags: Contemporary Social Issues]
1415 words (4 pages)
- Picture yourself as the ‘perfect’ woman. Embodying every woman’s dream. You are undeniably gorgeous, weighing in at 100 pounds, standing 6 feet tall and holding nearly 150 careers (barbiemedia.com). Yes, this is the beloved, ever so ‘inspirational’ childhood toy, the perfectly perfect Barbie Doll. Barbie is America’s most beloved toy, considering young girls between the ages of three and eleven own at least 10 Barbie’s throughout their childhood (‘Life in Plastic’). As creator of the Barbie Doll once said, “My whole philosophy of Barbie was that through the doll, the little girl could be anything she wanted to be.... [tags: Self Image, Gender Issues]
1929 words (5.5 pages)
- Placing monetary value on an individual’s life is measured not by the way an individual has lived, but rather the individual’s income; at least that is how society views life. Every individual values life from a different perspective. And while every human will find value in life, those values will not be the same as everybody else. Some people will value life as a privilege and believe life should be taken seriously while considering the consequences in every decision contemplated while others will live in the fast lane with an irresponsible mindset.... [tags: social issues, life insurance]
1403 words (4 pages)
- Sociology is the scientific study of society and human behavior. Each human in our world today is socialized differently yet can still be found sharing similar characteristics and similar issues in their lives. I find that I am most concerned with three major sociological issues in my life. The interaction between my family and I, the relationships I have built with my friends, and my financial status would all be examples of the sociological issues in my life. The interaction between my family and I is the most important issue I have.... [tags: Papers]
357 words (1 pages)