When does life begin? There are so many different viewpoints on this critical issue and we will look at the scientific, bioethics, and scriptural evidence to back up the case that life begins at conception. Since this issue will impact the follower of Christ and the moral citizen in multiply ways I will give only the basic information available for your analysis.
First off we look at the scientific data. “Dr. Alfred M. Bongioanni, professor of pediatrics and obstetrics at the University of Pennsylvania, stated: ‘I have learned from my earliest medical education that human life begins at the time of conception…. I submit that human life is present throughout this entire sequence from conception to adulthood and that any interruption at any point throughout this time constitutes a termination of human life’” (Alcorn). Professor Micheline Matthews-Roth, Harvard University Medical School stated: “It is incorrect to say that biological data cannot be decisive…. It is scientifically correct to say that an individual human life begins at conception…. O...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- “How far along in a pregnancy is it until the unborn child is considered human. At what point does it receive basic rights?” These propositions have been the topic of one the most controversial discussions of the century. Based on the research I have completed on this topic, it has been made indisputable to me that life begins at the moment of conception. While I, along with many other pro-life advocates, believe that human life is set into motion the minute of conception, there is a major group of individuals who would beg to differ.... [tags: pro-life, advocates, embryo, human]
554 words (1.6 pages)
- Life begins with conception for both humans and animals. Not all women are able to conceive or carry a child to full terms. There are some women who want to be pregnant and cannot for some reason or another and then there are some that do not want to get pregnant, but end up pregnant. I have been asked or heard other people asked the question, so what do you want to have, a girl or a boy. The majority of the answer I receive or have said myself is, “It does not matter as long as the baby is healthy.” That answer is fine and all, but what if you find out that your baby will have Down syndrome.... [tags: Pregnancy, Childbirth, Abortion, Fetus]
890 words (2.5 pages)
- Abortion is Immoral Because Life Begins at Conception During the past quarter century, abortion has joined race and war as one of the most debatable subject of controversy in the United States. It discusses human interaction where ethics, emotions and law come together. There are many points of view toward abortion but the only two fine distinctions are "pro-choice" and "pro-life". A pro-choicer would feel that the decision to abort a pregnancy is that of the mothers and the state has no right to interfere.... [tags: Papers]
722 words (2.1 pages)
- “A human being can’t survive unassisted on the moon absent the creation of an artificial atmosphere via technology. The same goes for the embryo on the fetus that are living in the womb” (Smith, 1). The different beliefs and opinions can determine how you answer a question. When life begins is answered differently based upon personal beliefs dealing with religion and science. Jewish people related they believes based on the Bible. Judaism lived by the rules of the Old Testament as well as the “rabbinical writings” (Human Life Begins, 3).... [tags: beliefs, questions, science, religion]
539 words (1.5 pages)
- Something that is happening in the generation we live in is, teenagers are having kids younger and younger. Having emergency conception or in other words the morning-after pill, in US schools would be very helpful for the kids that want to have a choice and a better future without any distractions. But many do oppose this view and don’t think US schools should let kids of any age have the choice to get emergency conception at school or without the consent of a parent or guardian or at all. But with these opposite views and such a controversial topic of America, there is still no actually line of agreement on this topic.... [tags: the morning after pill]
815 words (2.3 pages)
- Opinions, views and emotions run high and passion is their fuel. Pro-Choice activists declare it is a woman’s right to choose what she does with her own body. The biology versus medical definitions proclaim that an embryo is not yet a human life; as conception begins two to three weeks after implantation occurs, a heartbeat is heard, and a the embryo can sustain life outside of the womb. The laws vary from state to state and in our home state of Texas political parties clash so hard the state shakes with a jolt felt across the country.... [tags: Human Life, Abortion, Pregnancy]
867 words (2.5 pages)
- Pro-life vs. pro-choice can often be a complicated and confusing one. Those who are against abortion often believe life begins at conception and base their opinion on Biblical views. Those that are advocates of pro-choice believe it is a women’s right to end a pregnancy regardless of the woman‘s reasons. In the United States, the pro-choice view is perceived as pro-abortion, and the pro-life position is recognized as anti-abortion. Should women have the right to choose to have an abortion in today’s society.... [tags: conception, decision, pro-life, pro-choice]
715 words (2 pages)
- The quantity of children destined to ladies every year is overpowering. Despite the fact that difficulties could emerge from any conception style, some birthing strategies are offered to diminish a percentage of the danger of other birthing techniques. In this article I plan to talk about the pros and cons of cesarean conception and in addition the pros and cons of vaginal conception. The substance of this paper will talk about every conception rehearse with a superior understanding of why it is imperative to pick your alternatives astutely, that is, if the choice is given and there are no intricacies.... [tags: Childbirth, Caesarean section, Obstetrics]
1143 words (3.3 pages)
- ... Guilt, anger, anxiety, depression, broken relationships, “numbing”, and even suicide; all of these are symptoms of Post-Abortion Syndrome (PAS). PAS is the emotional/psychological damage women may experience after having an abortion. According to Dangers of Legal Abortion by Ann Saltenberger, women who have had abortions are nine times more likely to attempt suicide than women in the general population. Men, or the father, portray a range of emotions after their partner’s abortion. These include grief, guilt, rage/anger, relationship problems, and a sense of male impotence.... [tags: termination of pregnancy,careless disposal of life]
1031 words (2.9 pages)
- Happiness, to Aristotle, is a term for which much exactitude must be made. He understands that, "Happiness both the refined and the few call it, but about the nature of this Happiness, men dispute." As such, he goes to great lengths to attain a fairly accurate accounting of what he sees as Happiness. He begins by illustrating that Happiness is an End, establishes what he finds the work of Man to be, sets conditions on being happy, and then explains where in Man the cultivation of Happiness is to be sought.... [tags: Philosophy Essays]
1302 words (3.7 pages)