The friendship that requires the least amount of interaction is the Cross-generational friends. These friends are usually 10 or more years older than you, maybe a friend of your parents or an old teacher from your days in school; they slowly but surely worm their way into your heart. Cross-generational friends offer support and wisdom; they are there for you when you need advice and they listen carefully to what you have to say. Eventually, most cross-generational friends become like a 2nd parent or mentor to you. For example, my mother has a friend named Deirdre. I call her Ms. Dee, She picks on me a lot but I always know she’s got my best interest at heart. At times when I feel like I can’t ask my mother for advice because I’m afraid she’ll take it the wrong way and overreact, I trust Ms. Dee to listen and hopefully be able to help me out. In a way, she’s like a God-mother to me and sadly I speak to her more often than I speak to my own mother. Ms. Dee is always there for help and advice even when she’s supposed to be getting sleep so she can get up for work the next morning. She’s a great cross-generational friend.
A friendship that is a bit more intense are the men who are friends. This friendship between men and women often leads to a serious relationship. This type of friendship leads people to question whether or not men and women can be just friends without being sexually attracted to each other. Men who are friends sometimes show some of the greatest care for you. They are your ...
... middle of paper ...
...’t fallen apart since. One thing I love about Beverly is that when I make a mistake, she doesn’t seriously chew me out about it; she takes the time to at least understand the situation. She’s seen me through my ups and downs, my heartbreaks and sad days. She isn’t afraid to tell me the truth even when I don’t want to hear it. She is one of the extremely few who can pick on me and get away with it.
Friends are the people who you let by your side, who show the upmost care and support for you. Yes, I agree that there are indeed levels of friendship and clearly the truly best friends are the ones you trust not to stab at you while you back is turned. Many people over look and take friendships for granted, but you never know how one single person can affect you until you give it a try. Friends are important and essential to life, everyone needs at least one good friend.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Friendships are one of the most important things you can get out of life. It’s something that everyone has to have because without it we would all go insane. Just think if no one talked to each other and we never made friends, this world would be a ticking time bomb. Studies say human need friendships and love to survive. So friendship is a big part of your life. There is no real definition of friendship, because there’s no one way you can define it. Friendships can mean many different things, depending on the person.... [tags: friendship essay, my best friend]
859 words (2.5 pages)
- Have you ever had that one special friend that you knew would be there for you through thick and thin. That special friend, who can read your thoughts, finish your sentences, and make you smile when you are feeling blue. A friend is someone who is honest and you can trust. A friend is someone who you hang out with, and someone you rely on. Friendship is being there for someone when they need you. That person for me is my best friend Katrina. She is the kindest, sweetest person I have ever known.... [tags: friendship essay, my best friend]
600 words (1.7 pages)
- The Life and Times of Keegan Lass When you have a best friend for many years, you would think you would know a lot about that person, I was wrong. I’ve been a good friend of Keegan Lass for many years, and after an interview I did with him I learned more than I ever would have imagined. There is a lot about him that many people don’t know, that I didn’t even know about him. I was intrigued with all of the many interesting things about him and stories he told from when he was a child. Keegan is 18 years old and is still in high school.... [tags: Friendship, Virtue, Interpersonal relationship]
703 words (2 pages)
- Darkness, Be My Friend Darkness, Be My Friend is the fourth book in John Marsden's series consisting of Tomorrow, When the War Began, In the Dead of the Night and The Third Day, The Frost, in which seven young people are thrown into the middle of a violent war zone. Ellie, Fi, Kevin, Lee, Homer, Robyn and Corrie set out on a camping trip to a remote part of their district. They find their way into a remote basin surrounded by dangerous cliffs and difficult terrain, where they are completely safe and cut off from the rest of the world.... [tags: Darkness, Be My Friend]
648 words (1.9 pages)
- Darkness be my friend Title: Darkness Be My Friend Author: John Marsden Publisher: Pan Macmillan Publishers Publishing Date: 1996 Plot: Darkness, Be My Friend is the fourth book in John Marsden’s series consisting of Tomorrow, When the War Began, The Dead of the Night and The Third Day, This book is in which seven teenagers are in the middle of a violent war. Ellie, Fi, Kevin, Lee, Homer, Robyn and Corrie go camping to a remote part of their district. They find their way into a remote valley surrounded by dangerous cliffs and difficult terrain, where they are completely safe and cut off from the rest of the world.... [tags: Darkness be my Friend]
1066 words (3 pages)
- The strangers who you encounter in your life come in many shapes and sizes. The unexpected will always happen at times least expected. Pearls are life’s treasures that remind you what life is all about. I spent two years of my life in a drunken state. Unsure, where I was at in my life at during a point in time when my daughter Emerald needed her mother the most. The bottle with its silver and blue shimmery colors on the label became my twin. That is until I met a man who gave me one of a few pearls in my life.... [tags: friendship essay, my best friend]
910 words (2.6 pages)
- In the episodic drama, Life is Strange, we follow Maxine Caulfield and her best friend Chloe Price. The two must work together in order to save Chloe’s best friend, Rachel Amber, who has been missing. Max maybe the main character but Chloe seems to be the real star of the show. Chloe is a rebellious nineteen-year-old girl in a somewhat broken home. She has a great personality, has mixed relationships with the others, and has the greatest part to play in the whole series. In the first episode, we meet Chloe in the girl’s restroom of the school Max goes to, called Blackwell Academy in Arcadia Bay, Oregon.... [tags: Life, Death, Interpersonal relationship, Friends]
711 words (2 pages)
- The book Hard Times is a book written by Charles Dickens a man that Dickens described as a man with great integrity, is introduced in this book his name is Stephen Blackpool. Stephen Blackpool lives in the town of Coketown Dickens describes this town: “In the innermost fortification of that ugly citadel where nature was as strongly bricked out as killing airs and gases were bricked in”. I think most people would agree that this is not a nice place to live in and it does not bring a nice town were the glissading sun rays were shining over every house, also the grass nourished and bright green as if it was just cut.... [tags: Hard Times Essays]
1691 words (4.8 pages)
- Hard Times In this paper I would like to discuss the possibly affects that this book might have had on the world, the time around Charles Dickens, and the fact that Charles Dickens paid close attention to the world around him. Charles Dickens, born Charles John Huffman Dickens, was born on Feb. 7 1812 in Portsmouth where his father was a clerk at the Naval Pay Office. Four years later his family moved to Chatham and then later moved to London. In 1824 Charles Dickens father went to Debtor's Prison.... [tags: Dickens Hard Times Essays]
894 words (2.6 pages)
- The Life and Times of Charles Bukowski One night in Andernach, West Germany, a sergeant in the United States Army serving in Germany crossed paths with a woman following the defeat of Germany from World War I. He had an affair with her, Katharina, whom was a German friend’s sister, and she became pregnant. A month before the baby was born, they wedded. On August 16, 1920, the baby boy was brought into the world and was named Heinrich Karl Bukowski, but we simply know him as Charles Bukowski.... [tags: American poet and writer]
1216 words (3.5 pages)
- No Separation of Powers in the United Kingdom
- TIP 48 Managing Depressive Symptoms in Substance Abuse Clients during Early Recovery
- Perceptions and Misperceptions between the United States of America and the USSR during the Early Cold War
- Reflection on a Daughter Losing Her Father
- A Variety of Conflicts within Families
- Exploring the Pros and Cons of Marijuana Legalization