I am in pretty good health right now where I am at in life. My family does not have a history of anything that can be described that could be foreseen as a problem. What I can talk about is a generalized health maintenance and plan for staying healthy that should be easy to follow and quite rewarding. I will talk about eating disorders specifically so as to adhere to the instruction of the assignment. Eating disorders are some of the top concerns with any person that has health concerns regarding food.
To make sure that someone can be successful in achieving a healthy body it is important to set goals that you can adhere to. One goal that is very important to me is easily to live a long and productive life. This can be considered a physical exercise goal in the sense that without exercise you can not really expect the same rewarding health as you would with regular exercise. As another goal that would help in maintaining health I would like to set monthly targets for weight and physical fitness that are realistic and obtainable. By setting a personal target weight you can compare your weight once a week and see an accurate model of what is happening with your diet and exercise plan. Developing an exercise plan that keeps you motivated and makes the time spent fun and rewarding is important to ensure the best results from any plan. On the nutritional side of a goal oriented approach to health the best idea is the simplest. By watching your caloric intake and serving sizes you can cut out a large amount of the fat causing nutrients as well as high sodium and other things that could potentially jeopardize your health plan.
In order to achieve your goals you must keep to your plan easy to follow and keep it fun and motivated ...
... middle of paper ...
..., December 31). Dripping With Sweat . Retrieved June 8, 2008, from Firstpath.com Web site: http://www.firstpath.com/scripts/cgiip.exe/WService=firstpath/story.html?article=1219
Lawlor, Debbie (2001, March 31). The effectiveness of exercise as an intervention in the management of depression: systematic review and meta-regression analysis of randomised controlled trials. Retrieved June 8, 2008, from BMJ Web site: http://bmj.bmjjournals.com/cgi/content/abstract/322/7289/763
Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research, (2007, Dec 7). Food and Nutrition. Retrieved May 13, 2008, from Mayo Clinic Web site: http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/food-and-nutrition/NU99999
Swenson, Jim (2006 October). Ask a Scientist. Retrieved May 13, 2008, from Argonne National Labrotory Web site: http://www.newton.dep.anl.gov/aas.htm
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- I am in pretty good health right now where I am at in life. My family does not have a history of anything that can be described that could be foreseen as a problem. What I can talk about is a generalized health maintenance and plan for staying healthy that should be easy to follow and quite rewarding. I will talk about eating disorders specifically so as to adhere to the instruction of the assignment. Eating disorders are some of the top concerns with any person that has health concerns regarding food.... [tags: Personal Narrative Health ]
1628 words (4.7 pages)
- Not only will having affordable healthcare in the U.S decreases the number of uninsured Americans, having an affordable health insurance plan will prevent and control chronic diseases. A chronic disease is one lasting three months or more, by the definition of the U.S. National Center for Health Statistics. Chronic diseases generally cannot be prevented by vaccines or cured by medication, nor do they just disappear. According to Chronic Diseases Control and Prevention, chronic diseases such as heart disease, stroke, cancer, type 2 diabetes, obesity, and arthritis are among the most common, costly, and preventable of all health problems.... [tags: Medicine, Health care, Health, Health insurance]
706 words (2 pages)
- Jessica Riley Family Background Jessica Riley is a 17 years old. She has 1 month old infant. Jessica‘s husband left her when she was for months pregnant. Jessica has one brother and one sister. Jessica has not good relation with her mother since she was pregnant. Jessica lives alone and raised her child without her husband. Jessica was not highly educated so she used to work as waitress and also getting child welfare from government. Jessica’s mother, Evelyn take care Jessica’s child a few hours after her work.... [tags: Nutrition, Obesity, Health, Personal life]
1087 words (3.1 pages)
- Often in practice, we as nurses deal with a variety of diseases and treatments and often have to react to the illness that the patient presents with upon our interaction. While this is an essential piece of our practice, we also have a duty to our patients to be proactive in preventing specific health-related consequences based on their risk factors and to promote their health and well being. Health promotion as it relates to nursing is about us empowering our patients to increase their control over their lives and well beings and includes: focusing on their health not just illness, empowering our patients, recognizing that health involves many dimensions and is also effected by factors outs... [tags: Health ]
2527 words (7.2 pages)
- The National Institute of Health (NIH) and the Center for Diseases Prevention and Control (CDC) are agencies focused on the prevention, treatment, education, and research for chronic health disease. These agencies are financially assisted by the federal government, have multiple subdivisions and encourage ongoing research to prevent chronic diseases including diabetes. A recent published peer reviewed article concerning diabetes and impaired fasting glucose in China (Chinese adults) reports the varied statistics and methods.... [tags: Health Care]
950 words (2.7 pages)
- This course has helped me in many ways, especially time management, health, and money. Instead of having a very relaxing week and then panicking at the end of the week when everything is due, this course has helped me to plan out my studies. Planning them out helps me produce higher quality work and assists me with my stress problem. One thing that has helped a lot is getting short easy assignments or parts of assignments done in short periods of extra time I have. For example, instead of turning on that TV, wait ten minutes and knock out an assignment.... [tags: Better, Management, Nonviolent Communication]
1567 words (4.5 pages)
- Instead of having a relaxing week and then panicking at the end of the week when everything is due, thanks to this course I plan out all of my studies. Planning them out assists me to produce higher quality work and also accommodated for my stress problem. One new habit that has changed the way I study for the better is completing short assignments or parts of assignments in extra time I have. For example, instead of turning on that TV, wait ten minutes and knock out an assignment. Another asset for myself has been setting dates to have assignments done.... [tags: Better, Management, Nonviolent Communication]
1576 words (4.5 pages)
- 8. The nurse is creating a four-column plan of care for a client. For which areas should the nurse prepare to document when creating this care plan. a. Goals i. This is part of column two b. Interventions i. This is part of column three c. Nursing Diagnosis i. This is part of column one d. Evaluation i. This is part of column five e. Medications i. This is not a part of the column plan of care for a client Based on http://www.austincc.edu/adnlev1/rnsg1161online/clinical_homework_samples/Nursing_care_plan_sample.htm column one: nursing diagnosis; column two: the expected outcome and goal of what you would like to see from the patient after a specific time frame; column three: interventions;... [tags: Nursing, Nursing care plan, Health care, Nurse]
1446 words (4.1 pages)
- Personalized Nutrition and Exercise Plan Personal Nutrition Exercise Plan The major goal in life that will add great health and longevity to one’s life is to have a healthy diet along with the proper amount of physical activity added to it. This is something that I have learned a lot about in this class. Now I am trying to balance my own individual needs with plenty of physical activity which allows me to develop a plan that helps me to maintain a healthy weight and prevents disease from appearing and with an active schedule with school, work, and teenage daughters it could be pretty changing to... [tags: Health]
1490 words (4.3 pages)
- Introduction The focal point of this report is the Victorian Health and Wellbeing plan 2015 – 2019, created by the Victorian State Government after the imminent success of the original Victorian Health and Wellbeing plan allying the years of 2011 – 2015. The plan shares the ambitions of the World Health Organisation’s Global action plan on prevention and control of non-communicable disease. These ambitions of the distinct plan are “to reduce modifiable risk-factors and underlying social determinants by creating equitable health-promoting environments while aiming to strengthen and orient health systems for disease prevention and control through people-centred healthcare” (Department... [tags: Human sexual behavior]
1370 words (3.9 pages)