People, nowadays, spend many of their time with technology, working or having fun. One of those people who has contributed to technology is Steve Jobs, who created Apple Inc. which revolutionized the computer and mainly tablet industry with its amazing features. As equal as important as Steve Jobs, Marc Andreessen lead the creation of NCSA Mosaic, the web browser that transformed how we think about the World Wide Web. Additional to that, Tim Berners-Lee created the World Wide Web, which changed the way people communicate, work, study, and play. But when using a computer, a tablet, the WWW, a web browser, the type of technology you’ll need to use all of them is an operating system and the man behind that industry is William Henry “Bill” Gates III.
Gates was born on the 28th of October 1955 in the city of Seattle, WA. Gate’s grew up in a wealthy family. His parents were William H. Gates Sr. and Mary Maxwell. Both of Gates’ parents had prominent positions in society. Gates had two siblings both sisters, one older and one younger. The family Gate’s grew up in motivated the children to be ambitious. Gates uncontrollably went through and studied volumes of information. He was a very energetic child who enjoyed sports.
Gates earliest introduction to computers was at the World’s Fair in Seattle, 1962. The first computer Gates worked with was a GE computer. As a teeanager, Gates was extremely dedicated to computers that he would take the chance to use the machine whenever he could even when it was time to sleep. Gates and his partner, Paul Allen, generated 20 thousand dollars with their earliest company, Traf-o-Data. Traf-o-Data was a business which used computers to read traffic statistics.
Fig. 1. This picture shows the Alt...
... middle of paper ...
...4. The Gates Foundation is the biggest charitable organization that allows supporters to view how the money is used. Gates has focused on refining the American public education. The Gates plans to give 95% of their wealth towards philanthropy. Up to 2007, Gates has contributed 28 billion dollars towards charities.
Gates legacy will be mainly with the tech industry. Without Gates, the operating system industry might have never boomed and if that ever occurred, then people cannot access the Internet, their jobs would be harder, and news and information would not travel quickly. Not only did he make an impact in technology, he also made an impact in people in need. He had given tons of money to helping them and plans on giving more. He has helped them conquer sickness and poverty. Gates has given his money and knowledge to the world and helped everybody in great ways.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Empowering the World Bill Gates once said, “As we look ahead into the next century, leaders will be those who empower others.” It 's no secret that our world is facing many daunting issues, such as poverty, misogny, racism, and discrimination, but there are those who work towards making our world a safe haven for all its inhabitants. The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, a private organization that extends globally, is one such group that has focused on the betterment of the people. They turn their focus out into the global world, as well as helping out in the United States.... [tags: Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Bill Gates]
829 words (2.4 pages)
- The Life of Bill Gates William Henry Gates III, also known as Bill Gates, was born in Seattle, Washington, the 28th of October in 1955. Bill, the second child of three, grew up in an upper middle-class family. His parents, William H. Gates Sr., a lawyer, and Mary Maxwell, a schoolteacher, set a very affectionate and family-like atmosphere within their house. As he was brought up, he was encouraged greatly to strive for the best and to face competition in a headstrong fashion. When he was young, Bill developed a strong penchant to reading, although, he didn’t read just any type of books; he was mostly seen reading reference books, such as encyclopedias.... [tags: computer enthusiasts, microsoft]
1628 words (4.7 pages)
- Bill Gates William Henry Gates, also known as “Bill”, has established himself as the richest man in the world. He is the youngest self made billionaire, and perhaps the best businessman in the world. As you read along, you will learn what Bill Gates’ accomplishments were, what his beliefs were, and why this topic is so important. Bill Gates is important because not only did he change the computer technology in America, he also became the biggest, strongest, richest and the most powerful company in the world.... [tags: Biography Biographies Gates Essays]
857 words (2.4 pages)
- Bill Gates Through his intelligence and excellent business skills, Bill Gates was able to change the world. As a technological genius he founded the worlds largest software company. He has also been extremely generous, donating more than thirty billion dollars as a philanthropist. He is, without a doubt a catalyst for change, tirelessly working to make the world a better place. Gates was born to the full name of William Henry Gates III on October 28th 1955 (Bellis). Gates was born to two sisters, Libby who is younger and Kristianne who is older.... [tags: genius, charity, computer]
1490 words (4.3 pages)
- Throughout history there have been many great figures that populate the conscientiousness of humanity. The great philosophers of the past and the industrious thinkers of the present all of whom have had a great impact on the world and how people view it. Bill Gates would be considered one of the greatest minds of our times. Bill Gates is not only considered a technological entrepreneur but, one of the greatest contributors to global equality. In Bill Gates ' Harvard commencement address I believe the main idea is that as the younger generation that has more than any other generation should be giving more of themselves than any other generation, regardless of the gender, race, sexuality or... [tags: Meaning of life, 2008 singles]
1997 words (5.7 pages)
- Bill Gates - The Billion-Dollar Man Bill Gates is a very smart and intelligent man in the world today. He has helped in the computer business and is without a doubt in my mind, the most compelling male in the computer industry. Bill Gates serves as chairman and chief software architect of the Microsoft Corporation, the chief computer software company in the United States. He is also the wealthiest person in the world (Shelly, Cashman, Vermaat, Walker, Safdie, & Torri-Safdie, 2000). Bill did not just get this wealthy overnight; he had to work at it for many years.... [tags: Biography Biographies Essays]
867 words (2.5 pages)
- In the United States, public schools have financial difficulties. They are also impacted by reducing enrolments and cuts in local, state and federal funding, which the result is eliminating the programs such as music, art, and physical education. Therefore, some corporation and individual donors start to help the public schools to prevent them shutting down. Bill and Melinda Gates, Eli Broad, and Walter Annenberg are the funders which donate millions of dollars to the public school in order to improve public education.... [tags: Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Bill Gates]
1687 words (4.8 pages)
- Can one change the world with a few words. Martin Luther King Jr., through his amazing ability for public speaking, fought for the rights of twenty million people in the United States of America. However, without the challenges King faced from racial discrimination, his public speaking might have never surfaced. Horace once observed that adversity allows talents or abilities to surface. Without the difficulties in life, the talents one could have would never appear. Adversity challenges people to escape their comfort zone, causes them to try, and gives talents they may have never appreciated or had.... [tags: public speaking, accomplishments, success]
780 words (2.2 pages)
- Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation – A Tradition of Giving Both the Gates and French families instilled the values of volunteerism and civic engagement. Our families believed that if life happens to bless you, you should use those gifts as well and as wisely as you can. ¬– Bill and Melinda Gates In 2000, the founder of Microsoft, Bill Gates, and his wife, Melinda French Gates, founded the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation also known as the Gates Foundation. The Gates Foundation has a diverse global presence with its headquarters in Seattle, Washington and other offices in India, China, Europe, Middle East, and several regions in Africa (Foundation fact sheet, 2015, para.... [tags: Bill Gates, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation]
1114 words (3.2 pages)
- Bill Gates Leader Report My favorite leader is William Henry Gates III, or Bill Gates to most people. Bill Gates is a computer engineer and world-class entrepreneur. He founded Microsoft Corporation in 1975 with a high school friend named Paul Allen. The leadership role that he serves is chairman and chief software architect of Microsoft Corporation. Up until 1998, Gates was CEO of the company, but he relieved himself of those duties, and currently is only a software architect and serves on the Microsoft committee.... [tags: Bill Gates]
1327 words (3.8 pages)
- Photography in the Civil War Domain Statement
- Deportation of Hungarian Jews: Auschwitz-Birkenau 1944
- Remembering your Loved Ones in Anthem for a Doomed Youth
- Choices for Couples: Having None or Only One Offspring
- Proposed Research in Financial Market Simulation
- Segregation in Equality: Celebrating a Specific Group of People