As a teenager, there's nothing better than when the weekend rolls around. A full week of responsibilities can seem like torture at the young age of 16. However, unlike a typical Friday night of partying, I chose to trade the excitement for an uneventful night of movies and junk food. Little did I know this weekend was to be anything but uneventful, and would soon turn my world upside down.
Lying in my bed I began to doze off until I heard the familiar sound of an incoming text message. "Wanna hang out tonight?...I'll pick you up there's a party," Andrew tried to persuade me to brave the bitter January cold. Staring at my phone I contemplated joining in on the fun. I was aggravated with Andrew for blowing off our plans the night before, this being one of my biggest pet peeves. I pushed the reply button thinking of a witty response, but ultimately decided to leave his question unanswered. I placed the phone back on my nightstand, and popped the movie Legally Blonde into my tiny TV with an ancient VCR. Crawling under my warm blankets, I laughed along with Reese Witherspoon, event...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- ... Teens face changes of their bodies, feelings, and thoughts. They face new stages of fear and stress as they get closer to their future, being pushed to succeed, and have to figure out a new way to look at things. Sometimes teens go through the experience of things such as divorce, or a loss. School can become stressful and teens become overwhelmed. Sometimes, teens just feel like suicide is the right answer. Another main cause of suicide is bullying. What if you were bullied every day for the way you look, the way you dress, and even the music you listen to.... [tags: ending your own life, depression]
1236 words (3.5 pages)
- Teen Suicide and Teen Smoking Epidemics In the seventh chapter of Malcom Gladwell’s The Tipping Point, readers are first introduced to a case study about increased rates of suicide of teen boys in Micronesia. Gladwell explains that suicide in Micronesia is common and it is triggered by the slightest things. Almost all of the suicides are males that are in their late teens and living at home. Usually, these teens are triggered by arguments with their girlfriends or parents. Gladwell then tells readers that teen suicide is a fatal epidemic in Micronesia that is related to another fatal epidemic: teen smoking in the West.... [tags: Suicide, Suicide methods, Adolescence]
1033 words (3 pages)
- Imagine your friend standing on top of a tall building, he takes one last breath and says his last goodbye to his family and friends, and he jumps off to his death. By him doing this, he is making a solution that cannot be fixed. He might have solved his own problems by killing himself, but imagine the pain, and suffering that his friends, family and people across the world go through. Many wonder why he did it and what was going through his mind as he did it. Maybe he even told you he was going to commit suicide and you didn’t believe him and thought he was joking.... [tags: Suicide, Major depressive disorder]
1015 words (2.9 pages)
- Each year, thousands of children are dying, not from cancer, getting shot, or car accidents, but by their own hands. They make the choice to take their lives; they commit suicide. To begin, what is “Suicide”. According to the Merriam Webster Dictionary, suicide is the act or instance of taking one’s own life voluntarily and intentionally. The number of teenagers who take their lives is rapidly increasing each year. Teen suicide is escalating out of control and no one seems to realize just how severe the issue has become.... [tags: Teenage Suicide Essays]
1059 words (3 pages)
- Teen suicide is the most preventable that cause teen to end their live in United States. Suicide means to kill oneself, it comes from a Latin root word sui, "self", and caedere, "to kill". It means many things to different people: tragic, shocking, horrifying, enraging, mysterious, a relief, shameful and many other meanings. When one suicide is attempted again by another suicide is called suicide cluster. Suicide can happen to anyone near you and not realizing it. Although depression is the most common cause of teen suicide, we support and help teens with suicidal thoughts and feelings, so for teen who wants to recover from suicide, teens have access to mental health service t... [tags: Teenage Suicide Essays]
2040 words (5.8 pages)
- Teen Suicide Suicide is a growing problem in American culture. Sadly, teens are affected the most. Teen suicide is increasing rapidly. “About 5,000 teens in the United States kill themselves each year” (Peacock, 4). Suicide among teens is a serious and devastating crisis. More teens are taking their lives today than ever before. Teen suicide does not affect one specific type of teen; it affects any type of teen. There are a variety of reasons teens resort to committing suicide. Many people are working for the prevention of teen suicide.... [tags: Teenage Suicide Essays]
896 words (2.6 pages)
- Suicides are one of the leading causes of teen deaths in today’s society. The thought of one ending his or her life is developing in the minds of teenagers around the globe. “To kill oneself as a means of escape from poverty or disappointed love, or bodily or mental anguish, is the deed of coward rather than a brave man, because to run away from trouble is a form of cowardice. While it is true that the suicide braves death, he does it not for some noble object but to escape some ill” (Marcovitz 17).... [tags: Teenage Suicide Essays]
1447 words (4.1 pages)
- Suicide is a major problem worldwide, especially for teenagers. Self image plays a big roll in American society today, especially in enabling someone to make a wrong and destructive decision like suicide. Self image and low esteem effect the chances of a teenagers suicide greatly. There are many events that lead up to a young persons suicide, for instance a little problem that seems inescapable which manifests themselves into overwhelming burdens. Detection and prevention are both key for adults and young people to stop suicide from happening.... [tags: Teenage Suicide Essays]
1113 words (3.2 pages)
- Life is the most wonderful thing God could ever give us. Throughout our lives we learn and experience new things as the years past. From learning to walk then talk all the way to learning how to take care of not only yourself but others. From experiencing loneliness, happiness and unconditional love. If life should be cherished why end it so soon. Suicide the most common way to get out of any hard situation that life throws at you. What exactly is the meaning of the word suicide. Well suicide is the act or an instance of taking one's own life voluntarily and intentionally especially by a person of years of discretion and of sound mind.... [tags: Teenage Suicide Essays]
1174 words (3.4 pages)
- To be or not to be?It's a question that's thundered throughout history and one that pulses inside each of us,at one time or another in our lives.Still,never has its pulse been more profound or its pull more compelling than for young people in America today.Just consider some numbers."Teens suicide attempts and completions have risen steadily since the 1960's. Surveys have found that 25% of the highschool students and 10% of college students -a rate four times that of 1950-have seriously considered suicide.... [tags: Teenage Suicide Essays]
1914 words (5.5 pages)