Despite the outstanding performances, Webster Hire currently has a grave concern regarding the lease contract in the Inglesby Site in Southampton. Currently, Webster Hire is in the contract of supplying and servicing 16 fork trucks for the shipyard’s usage. The contract is highly lucrative, but the concern is that the working conditions in Inglesby Site are below industry-accepted standards and far below the standards in Lex Service Group’s Guidelines for Corporate Conduct. Despite the current group manager’s endeavors in many respects to resolve the problem about the working conditions - including installation of portable facilities and negotiation with the shipyard – it seems very unlikely that the working conditions would be improved to a satisfactory level. Apart from the potential subsequent loss of revenue, the firm will also lose three Inglesby service engineers, one of whom includes Joey Barton, the employee with the longest working experience. In short, the decision regarding operations in Inglesby Shipyard would be whether to continue operating in the site that does not meet the minimum working conditions, ensuring high-profit of the d...
... middle of paper ...
...dic medical examinations, if it still is reluctant about the operation in the site.
Brian Schaefer, 2008. Shareholders and Social Responsibility, Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 81(2), pages 297-312, August.
Freeman, R. E.: 1984. Strategic Management: A Stakeholder Approach (Pittman, Marshﬁeld, MA).
Freeman, R. E.: 2002. Stakeholder Theory of the Modern Corporation, in T. Donaldson and P. Werhane (eds.), Ethical Issues in Business: A Philosophical Approach, 7th Edition (Prentice Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ).
Friedman, Milton. 1970. The social responsibility of business is to increase its profits. New York Times Magazine. September 13.
Griffin, Jennifer, and John Mahon. 1997. The corporate social performance and corporate financial performance debate: Twenty-five years of incomparable research. Business and Society 36(1): 5–31.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The gdansk shipyard strike was a major turning point in history. This event occurred during the August of 1980. Though it only started in one isolated area, it spread hope throughout all of Poland. The strike itself was lead by a great leader, it was a very historical event, and there were actually a few different significant reasons as to why it started in the first place that makes it important. There was no doubt that Lech Walesa was a great man, a noble speaker, and a powerful leader. However, his life was not always bliss.... [tags: lech walesa, gdansk, lenin shipyard ]
920 words (2.6 pages)
- Problem Gambling Service Coordination Demonstration Project Report 25 June 2010 Contents Project Background 3 Project Methodology and Outcomes 4 Project Deliverables 5 Project Report: Integrating Service Coordination & Problem Gambling Treatment 7 Recommended Actions 8 Appendices 9 Project Background The project is an initiative of the Victorian Government’s Taking Action on Problem Gambling Strategy (2006 – 2011) developed to enhance problem gambling treatment and the responsiveness of the problem gambling service system.... [tags: Project Report]
1526 words (4.4 pages)
- As part of our leadership course, we were required to do a service learning project. This project was aimed at giving thought to a social problem that bothered us; one we were passionate about and would like to learn more about and also contribute to finding solutions to. After I thought long and hard about what I am restless about, I concluded I was interested in any social issue that involves children. Whenever there is an opportunity to help children in need I try my best to contribute to it whichever way I can.... [tags: children, service learning project]
1822 words (5.2 pages)
- In the face of a weak economy, America’s cultural communities are proving to be resilient. Enduring through these difficult times takes courage and commitment; our diverse communities are an excellent reflection of people creating change in the world. As economic conditions continue to worsen, our communities have taken the opportunity to improve their conditions together. Right here in Sacramento we are privileged to have the strength and support of the SFBSF (Sacramento Food Bank & Family Services).... [tags: Community Service ]
938 words (2.7 pages)
- Return to Sender Technology is an assumed enhancement to the world of products and services that we encounter, but according to Livework, a service design company, to be truly successful, they should ‘address real-life issues, or offer convenience that makes sense to customers’ (Livework, 2016). My experience seemed to fall right in the middle of an advancement that solved a problem and yet created one. Fortunately, for this company, there are identifiable components to the service that can be remedied for a truly valuable customer experience.... [tags: Customer service, Service, Service system]
2254 words (6.4 pages)
- Internship Report Format 1. Title Page One original title page, prepared in the same format as the Sample Internship title is given at the end. Page submitted with the original signatures of Program coordinator. The date on the title page will depend on the semester you will receive your degree. 2. Acknowledgements If you wish, you may include a page with a brief note of dedication or acknowledgment of help received from particular persons. 3. Table of Contents The contents page should clearly and accurately index the page numbers of the various sections of the dissertation.... [tags: Internship Report]
1200 words (3.4 pages)
- Employee Privacy Report 1 In this report, I will be addressing e-mail, Internet use, and privacy policies in my workplace; the current laws regulating employee e-mail and Internet privacy; the reasons to companies carry out e-mail and Internet use policies; the assumptions employees make about their privacy at work; and how these policies affect employee privacy at work. E-Mail and Internet Use , Privacy Policies The E-mail/Internet usage and privacy policies at my job are part of a system of written decisions established by the organization to support and to build a desire culture through managing risk, regulation, and administration.... [tags: Privacy Report]
986 words (2.8 pages)
- As a CSR, it has been my mission to provide customers with the individual attention that they deserve. In regards to the tiered service plan that has been proposed, this would be beneficial for the company now and over the upcoming years. We should still give all of the customers the same friendly attention that they deserve, yet the more valuable the customer is, the more individual attention they should receive. Whether we like to admit it or not we are dependent on the customers and the customers that provide increased sales for this company, should receive special attention.... [tags: Customer service, Customer, Service]
717 words (2 pages)
- FINDINGS: Severe right-sided chest pain. The __ reported a friction rub. A PM lateral showed questionable mediastinal adenopathy. The patient had no cough or sputum production of ___. CT scan in ___ showed a possibility of a 1x2 cm right paratrachial lymphnode. Several smaller anteromediastinal lymphnodes which were all less than 1 cm were also evaluated. The patient was treated with Indocen with relief of her chest pain. ___ level was 64.5 with a ___ 50. PPD was negative, controls were positive.... [tags: Medical Report]
616 words (1.8 pages)
- Report Outlining Requirements for a Counseling Service You have been asked to prepare a report outlining the requirements for a counselling service to be set up in an agency of your choice e.g. a doctor’s surgery, welfare advice unit, or community support agency. Prepare the outline of such a report, stating what you think are the essential issues that will need to be considered, include some advice about any potential ethical issues that may arise.... [tags: Papers]
1159 words (3.3 pages)