Following our theme should be no problem – as you heard, even the most casual ear catches plots galore in the picture Luke presents. But first, maybe how we got here – the backstory? In establishing a plot, usually an author employs exposition or background information about the setting, the characters, the plo...
... middle of paper ...
... sin, the canvas of life: a pack walking together, at times limping and lame or strong, missteps and pitfalls around, but faces-sure fixed for a sunrise, the yawning maw of death at our backs, family and home waiting ahead – brilliant warm light-flicker shimmers there, no sound but joy, enwrapped in God’s love like a blanket. God puts the description of our sin into the journey of his salvation story. With somewhere behind and somewhere to go, God’s plot gives our pictures meaning. In literature, it’s sometimes called the “long-view” ending – it tells what happens to the characters a significant time into the future. The beautiful details of the image of Christ, our Passover Lamb, mean one thing for our future picture. Call it resolution, call it conclusion, call it the “long-view” ending – call it what you will, but recognize what kind it will be – a happy one.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Please, sit. A warm welcome to all of you and to those of you who are our guest today, we reach out to you in friendship and hospitality. Today among other things is Small Group Sunday; it is also the first Sunday in Lent. Lent is a time to accept and respond to God’s offer to inhabit our hearts. It is a time to pour energy into the ever-increasing awareness of God’s presence with us, no matter what the circumstances of our lives. In times of difficulty, joy, sickness, health, liveliness, sadness, loneliness, and death, we have a divine friend who walks with us, cries with us, and loves us with a continuing, deep, abiding love.... [tags: Sermon]
1344 words (3.8 pages)
- “The Sermon on the Mount” is a very interesting topic because it has a lot to do with my religion. It is talked about in church often and makes one think about their perspective on life. “The Sermon on the Mount” is a part of the bible that everyone, not just Christians should read and understand. It gives a good perspective on the world and how one should think. People today do not always have the best mind set on how to see the world. In this class we learned on how to see the world in a different way.... [tags: Sermon on the Mount Explained]
1899 words (5.4 pages)
- In every career field there is always some type of writing. In Ministry this writing is called a sermon which helps the preachers be on point by explaining their topic, organizing the topic, giving the topic flow, and giving them something to read. The first thing that ministers need in their sermons would be a topic, like being the light in dark places. After choosing the topic preachers need to have an example that would explain the topic they have chosen. For example there is a light house sitting in a foggy bay area, and a boat seeing that light shining.... [tags: Jesus, Bible, Christianity, Holy Spirit]
921 words (2.6 pages)
- Lent, which is also referred to as the Lenten season and Great Lent, is a time to remind us of Jesus’ 40 day trial of fasting and temptation in the wilderness. The season of Lent is a forty day long liturgical season of fasting and prayer before Easter, but in today’s society the question arises is Lent still defined this way or has the definition changed. The Lenten season occurs immediately after the festival of Epiphany. Liturgically, Lent lasts for 48 days starting on Ash Wednesday before the Paschal Triduum.... [tags: catholisism, christian religion holidays]
1177 words (3.4 pages)
- ... Pugesley which can be found on the Dafflibrary website. The Daffodil flow was so widely prized during the 1920’s to 50’s in England that British rail created a rail system, for the sole use of sightseers and flower pikers, called the “Daffodil specials”. (Dalton) I was not able to find a definitive statement about locations where they are grown now from just one, or academically reliable sources, they seem to be grown all around the world. One site I browsed across mentioned Arkansas and California specifically as large commercial growers.... [tags: medical, poison, nausea]
700 words (2 pages)
- Our lesson starts off with this statement that say’s if we know something about the Pastor delivering our Sunday sermon; we will enjoy the sermon that much more. That sounded like a very logical statement. Don’t we place more value on the statements of someone we know is truthful and sincere. We will also place a greater value in what a person tells us if we see them living a life that sets a good example in their daily lives. I remember Grace Perry a pastor’s wife making a statement about her husband, Pastor Mike Perry; she said Mike Perry was the same person at home that he was when he was here at church.... [tags: Jesus, Gospel of Matthew, Q document, Moses]
1494 words (4.3 pages)
- Wanting, Giving and Getting This spring, I got a message from the universe. Now, I don’t get too many messages from the universe; sometimes I don’t even get my phone messages. But this message was very loud, and it came at four in the morning in the form of a tremendous thud from my closet. This particular message was one that my partner had tried to send me several times, but I managed to ignore him; however, messages from the universe are not so easily dismissed. They aren’t like Post-it notes that you can throw away.... [tags: Theological Sermon]
1979 words (5.7 pages)
- ... The remainder is there to help achieve a spirit o humility and sacrifice. The distribution of ashes comes from a ceremony of ages past. Christians who had committed grave faults performed public penance. On Ash Wednesday, the bishop blessed the hair shirts, which they were to wear during the forty days of penance, and sprinkled over them ashes made from the palms from the previous year. Then, while the faithful recited the Seven Penitential Psalms, the penitents were turned out of the church because of their sins -- just as Adam, the first man, was turned out of Paradise because of his disobedience.... [tags: religious holidays]
1041 words (3 pages)
- Scripture holds a prominent role in the sermon. In 2 Timothy 4:2, it states to “preach the word in season and out of season”. The Greek word for preach is ‘Kerusso’. It means to be a herald (proclaim) and to preach (announce) a message publicly and with conviction (persuasion). In this verse, Paul gave Timothy and the others ministers a charge and a commission to preach the Word. In order to be an effective preacher, the Word of God must be the foundation. In 2 Timothy 3:16, it states that “All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness”.... [tags: Christianity, Bible, Christian terms, Jesus]
1139 words (3.3 pages)
- THE BEATITUDES http://andnowyouknowmore.blogspot.com ACKNOWLEDGEMENT: Having spent the last 68 years of Ministry, I have gleaned from many sources for information in the preparation for this series of lessons. It is impossible for me to give proper credit to the many sources I have gleaned from in the preparation for this writing. Most of my material comes from my studies in the, language, customs and the historical background of the events. Please feel free to copy and or pass on to others.... [tags: Jesus, New Testament, Gospel of Matthew]
1148 words (3.3 pages)