Entrepreneurs are one of the most important roles in social development. Successful Entrepreneurs usually concentrate their work. Many countries have a lot of brilliant Entrepreneurs such as Sony Corporation 's author Akio Morita, Oracle Corporation 's founder Larry Ellison, and General Electric Corporation 's CEO Jack Welch. However, in the 20th century a youngster successfully created a computer system that changed all over the world. His name is Bill Gates, a person who created a miracle. How he can become the one of the most celebrated entrepreneurs? I strongly believe that it is not only because of his love of computer programs but also his innovative ideas and great skill at delegating responsibilities.
Gates enjoyed writing computer programs when he was a child. He developed his interests in computer science and began to study computers when he was in the eighth grade at Seattle 's Lakeside School. Gates was interesting in programming the BASIC system and his love of computer program helped him to write his first computer program on the GE computer. Later, Computer Center Corporation needed some people to help them finding some problem from computer system; Gates and his friends helped the Computer Center Corporation to explore bugs in the operating system in exchange for their free computer time. When Gates was a sophomore year in Harvard unicersity, he created an algorithm as a solution to his professor present one of the unsolved problems. Gates did not have a study plan like other Harvard students; he spent lots of time on the university 's computers. In 1975, Gates dropped out of university because he and his friend Allen found an opportunity to pursue their dream. So, Gates ...
... middle of paper ...
...tablished many different sectors to be responsible for different realms. Moreover, Gates invited his classmate Steve Ballmer to be Microsoft Corporation CEO，and he went to the software department as the Chief Software Architect who was responsible for software engineering. "I always knew I would have close business associates like Ballmer and several of the other top people at Microsoft, and that we would stick together and grow together no matter what happened," he says. "I didn 't know that because of some analysis. I just decided early on that was part of who I was"(Gates).
In conclusion, Bill Gates is a successful PC revolutionist that accelerated the speed of technological progress. Furthermore, he is a philanthropist who created Bill and Melinda Foundation. He has retired from his empire, but he still wants to help more people who come from all over the world.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- “We've really achieved the ideal of what I wanted Microsoft to become.” -Bill Gates, June 2008 William Gates III was born in Seattle, Washington, US, on October 28, 1955. His father, William Henry Gates (II) Jr., was a lawyer whereas his mother, Mary Gates, was a teacher. At an early age, Gates showcased a great deal of intellect. At primary school, he was especially fond of Math and Science. Ever since his childhood, he appreciated reading business magazines. Acknowledging his ardor to learn, his parents enrolled him in Lakeside Preparatory School at the age of 12.... [tags: Biography, Entrepeneur, Windows]
1291 words (3.7 pages)
- Per Inverstopedia.com, an entrepreneur is a person who starts a new business or organization, taking some personal financial risk to do so. This person also receives the rewards that come from their idea that they are trying to sale to people. Entrepreneurship can be very important to a society. Some of the things an entrepreneur can do, but is not limited to, is help create more jobs, help the economy grow in their community, and create positive change for new ideas to keep flowing. The entrepreneur lifestyle is not always glamorous.... [tags: Entrepreneurship, Entrepreneur]
1335 words (3.8 pages)
- I have picked Steve Jobs and Bill Gates as my choice for the cultural icons. They are well known for the companies they have founded and are very popular in today’s day in age. They are both united into making well-built and magnificent products that are under their business known as Apple and Microsoft. They do have their differences on who makes the better computer or other product, fighting for which is better. Both of them have their popularity, and have their importance in this society, giving hope to young entrepreneurs into starting their own business and they, as well as their team, push technology into a whole new level.... [tags: Steve Jobs, Apple Inc., Bill Gates, Microsoft]
858 words (2.5 pages)
- What is a hero. Do they put the bad guys in jail and make the community a better place. There are many ways to define what a hero is and who is worthy to be called a hero. Bill Gates is an international hero. Son of a successful lawyer, and whose mother was a businesswoman, expectations for Bill were surely high. Since the age of 13 he created several programs some that included hacking his school’s computer system, and some for his school, which included one that was able to collect every teacher’s attendance.... [tags: Bill Gates, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation]
1091 words (3.1 pages)
- The American dream to many is the social climb of classes and accumulation of wealth. For some it is just maybe getting their dream job or getting into their number one college. Everyone has dreams of what they want to be or do when they are older. Many have no clue if they are making the right decision, but some are so determined that nothing could get into their way. Some people just have dreams of doing something they enjoy but never really imagine it going that far. All major companies started off as ideas that someone had and decided to make it into a reality.... [tags: Bill Gates, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation]
1683 words (4.8 pages)
- In the United States, public schools have financial difficulties. They are also impacted by reducing enrolments and cuts in local, state and federal funding, which the result is eliminating the programs such as music, art, and physical education. Therefore, some corporation and individual donors start to help the public schools to prevent them shutting down. Bill and Melinda Gates, Eli Broad, and Walter Annenberg are the funders which donate millions of dollars to the public school in order to improve public education.... [tags: Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Bill Gates]
1687 words (4.8 pages)
- Empowering the World Bill Gates once said, “As we look ahead into the next century, leaders will be those who empower others.” It 's no secret that our world is facing many daunting issues, such as poverty, misogny, racism, and discrimination, but there are those who work towards making our world a safe haven for all its inhabitants. The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, a private organization that extends globally, is one such group that has focused on the betterment of the people. They turn their focus out into the global world, as well as helping out in the United States.... [tags: Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Bill Gates]
829 words (2.4 pages)
- Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation – A Tradition of Giving Both the Gates and French families instilled the values of volunteerism and civic engagement. Our families believed that if life happens to bless you, you should use those gifts as well and as wisely as you can. ¬– Bill and Melinda Gates In 2000, the founder of Microsoft, Bill Gates, and his wife, Melinda French Gates, founded the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation also known as the Gates Foundation. The Gates Foundation has a diverse global presence with its headquarters in Seattle, Washington and other offices in India, China, Europe, Middle East, and several regions in Africa (Foundation fact sheet, 2015, para.... [tags: Bill Gates, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation]
1114 words (3.2 pages)
- Bill Gates Leader Report My favorite leader is William Henry Gates III, or Bill Gates to most people. Bill Gates is a computer engineer and world-class entrepreneur. He founded Microsoft Corporation in 1975 with a high school friend named Paul Allen. The leadership role that he serves is chairman and chief software architect of Microsoft Corporation. Up until 1998, Gates was CEO of the company, but he relieved himself of those duties, and currently is only a software architect and serves on the Microsoft committee.... [tags: Bill Gates]
1327 words (3.8 pages)
- "Bill Gates is a modern business phenomenon: the greatest of the cyber-tycoons. His is not simply a story of technical brilliance and enormous wealth; it is one of remarkable business vision and an obsessive desire to win. It is also about a leadership style that is radically different to anything the business world has seen before." Dearlove, D. (1998) William Gates III was born in Seattle, Washington, US, on October 28, 1955. His father, William Henry Gates (II) Jr., was a lawyer while his mother, Mary Gates, was a school teacher.... [tags: Biography Biographies Bio]
1505 words (4.3 pages)