Fleming (2003) posited that there is a clear and important distinction that should be made that delineates the work of the project from the inside work of the company. This work is delineated by the “make work” and the “buy work” of the project. With this delineation comes different way in which legal aspects will be applicable to the project. With “make work” the amount of details required in the statement of work (SOW) is significantly less than that of the “buy work” (Fleming, 2003). Fleming (2003) stated that the tolerance for error is significantly and self-correcting when dealing with “make work” that is kept in house. Conversely, when dealing with “buy work” the SOW should list the entire scope of work in detail. Fleming (2003) posited that when dealing with “buy work” a company should know the full scope of work; furthermore, a company should be able to describe any requirements in detail to the seller. When writing a SOW for “buy work” the buyer should write the...
... middle of paper ...
...ed how the project manager is supported by the contracting management function.
Dobson, M., & Leemann, T. (2010). Creative project management. Retrieved from
Fleming, Q. W. (2003). Project procurement management: Contracting, subcontracting, teaming. Tustin, CA: FMC Press.
Guide (2009). A guide to the project management body of knowledge. Newtown Square, Pennsylvania: PMI, Inc.
Schwalbe, K. (2010). Information technology project management. Retrieved from http://books.google.com/books?hl=en&lr=&id=Bq287vpSufQC&oi=fnd&pg=PP8&dq=i mportance+of+procurement+in+project+management&ots=9sYpcfXR1h&sig=p6BubfvI U3FZgjTEGXN0VkhhAMc#v=onepage&q=importance%20of%20procurement%20in% 20project%20management&f=false
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Management of Information Systems in an Organization INTRODUCTION Management Information Systems are distinct from regular information systems in that they are used to analyze other information systems applied in operational activities in the organization.(1) In a recent survey article in The Economist, John Browning (1990) wrote: "Information technology is no longer a business resource; it is the business environment." His statement is not far from truth. Ongoing advances in information technology (IT), along with increasing global competition, are adding complexity and uncertainty of several orders of magnitude to the organizational environment.(2) The recognition of the role managers play... [tags: Business Management Analysis]
981 words (2.8 pages)
- This paper will focus on the concepts of project procurement management and the impacts it can have on the overall success of a project. The paper contains four sections, which focus on a few major tentacles of project procurement management. Section one, describes in detail all of the components that are involved with project procurement management. Section two, summarizes the major project procurement processes, which the Project Management Institute (PMI) view as appropriate for successful execution of projects.... [tags: Business Management ]
1849 words (5.3 pages)
- This paper will focus on the concepts of project procurement management and the impacts it has on the overall success of a project. Moreover, paper contains four sections, which focus on some of the major tentacles of project procurement management. Section one, describes in detail the various components that are involved with project procurement management. Section two, summarizes the major project procurement processes, all of which the Project Management Institute (PMI) view as appropriate for successfully executing projects.... [tags: Business Management ]
1874 words (5.4 pages)
- The focus of this week’s discussion seems to center around procurement management and its relationship with project managers. In an attempt to fulfill the guidelines set forth in the discussion thread instructions I will begin by answering the following question: “As a Project Manager, what procurement management activities have you performed or experienced in the past?” Though my current position title is not a Project Manager I have been tasked with many of the procurement duties often times associated with Project Mangers.... [tags: Business Management ]
1147 words (3.3 pages)
- ... The Mutual Aid Agreement Act provides a law that is applicable to all fire departments in Tennessee who receive public funding and a law that changes mutual aid agreements for all emergency services providers in the state (University of Tennessee Institute for Public Service, 2004). To reduce liability and streamline the process of mutual aid agreements fire departments in Tennessee will utilize the provisions of the Mutual Aid Agreement Act. The act provides a mutual aid agreement for all emergency services agencies within the state and assigns the responsibility of items such as cost, insurance, liability, damages, billing, and staffing as deemed appropriate within the law (University... [tags: legal issues, fire services, business]
1182 words (3.4 pages)
- Mondavi Procurement Management Procurement is the complete process or action of acquiring or obtaining material, property, or services at the operational level, such as purchasing, contracting, and negotiating directly with the source of supply. Procuring goods and services is a larger process than just the label price of wine; the process to buy those items includes major organizational costs, often accounting for half of the product price. When allowing for the vast number of purchases Mondavi makes in a year, it is easy to see how these costs can spiral out of control without careful management.... [tags: Business Analysis Management Strategy]
1906 words (5.4 pages)
- 1.0 Introduction To select a suitable procurement strategy for a construction project, there are some issues which need to consider. From all of those issues, there are 3 big issues that mainly affect the selection decision which are time, cost and quality. There is several type of procurement strategy available in market that commonly used for construction project and each of the common method will be analyze and compare to find the most appropriate method for this project. The choice of procurement strategy is very important to the success of a construction project.... [tags: Construction Procurement]
1188 words (3.4 pages)
- Legal Aspects of Supply Chain Management Internet has definitively changed the relationships of the company with the different business partners of the supply chain. E-Commerce/E-Business is any ‘net’ business activity that transforms internal and external relationship to create values and exploit market opportunities driven new rules of the connected economy.”(Damanpour 2001). It refers to all forms of business activities conducted across the internet. This can include E-tailing, B2B, intranets and extranets, online advertising (e.g.... [tags: Papers]
2007 words (5.7 pages)
- Procurement in the main stream of the business world is to ensure organizations has the proper necessities for the selections process of the suppliers. Procurements within an organization helps to develop the right tools necessary when selecting and maintaining performance criteria, speciation’s and defines the terms and conditions in an organization. As set forth by the company the procurement area of the company conveys and develops the necessary values and mission with an in organization. In looking further into the importance of procurements we can determine the alternative methods to procurement, the methods necessary to keep procurement in order and the overall value of procurement wit... [tags: selection process of suppliers]
761 words (2.2 pages)
- Behavioral Aspects of Project Management The purpose of this paper is to explore how organizational culture and human behavior influence the success of projects, in particular projects beset with issues. This paper will first answer how organizational culture influences the selection, sponsorship, prioritization, and ultimate success of projects. Secondly, answer the question of what role the project leadership plays in the success of projects and how a project manager can build and manage a successful project team.... [tags: Project Management]
2074 words (5.9 pages)