After graduating from college, she returned to the Philippines to study law at the Far Eastern University for one year. She married Sen. Benigno S. Aquino, Jr. The couple had five children (Republic of the Philippines: Presidential Museum & Library).
Life as Mrs. Aquino
Cory’s husband Ninoy was a member of the Liberal Party where rose to become the youngest governor and eventually senator ever elected to the Senate of the Philippines in 1967. During her husband 's political career, Aquino stayed as a housewife who helped raise their children and played hostess to her husband 's political allies who would regularly visit their home. (Time Magazine). Unknown to many, she voluntarily sold some of her inheritance to fund the candidacy of her husband. She led a...
... middle of paper ...
...ed as one of 100 Women Who Shaped World History in a reference book written by Gail Meyer Rolka and published by Bluewood Books in San Francisco, California. In 1996, she received the J. William Fulbright Prize for International Understanding from the Fulbright Association, joining past recipients such as Jimmy Carter and Nelson Mandela. In 1996, she received the J. William Fulbright Prize for International Understanding from the Fulbright Association, joining past recipients such as Jimmy Carter and Nelson Mandela. Her image was put together on The "New Generation" 500 peso note featuring her late husband Benigno Aquino, Jr. and many more accolades.
Cory was first woman to become president of the Philippines, First female president democratically voted in Asia was a remarkable woman whose work will be long remembered. She had accomplished what not many people cant.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Abstract The purpose of this paper is to define and identify what an Army Legacy Leader means to me. A type of legacy a Military professional would like to leave behind and continue to inspire one’s life. As well as, the kind of legacy, I would like to leave behind. What makes a Military professional in the United States (US) Army a legacy leader. A Legacy Leader in the US Army can be anyone that achieves extraordinary awards such as receiving a Medal of Honor. A Legacy Leader can, also, be anyone who has the ability to endure exceptional pain to accomplish the mission.... [tags: United States Army, Military, Soldier]
1450 words (4.1 pages)
- Born on January 25, 1933, in Paniqui, Tarlac, María Corazón "Cory" Sumulong Cojuangco. Both her parents came from wealthy and politically active clans. Aquino went tp St. Scholastica 's College in Manila, where she graduated on top of her class and was batch valedictorian for her elementary years. For high school, she moved to Assumption Convent for her first year of high school, only to move to the United States, to attend Ravenhill Academy in Philadelphia and to transfer again the next year to Notre Dame Convent School in New York City where she graduated (Encyclopedia of World Biography.).... [tags: Ferdinand Marcos, Philippines]
3248 words (9.3 pages)
- ... Reagan also had a seven year contract with Warner Brothers that threw him into the spotlight. As if Reagan wasn’t busy enough in his early life he decided to take on another project, he enlisted into the Army Reserves. On January 26,1940 Reagan married for the first time to his co-actress Jane Wyman. Together they had two children Naureen and Christine but unfortunately she died the day after she was born; they decided to adopt, Michael. Wyman filed for Divorce from Reagan after talk of his political ambitions.... [tags: president, actor, announcer, governor]
710 words (2 pages)
- Throughout history, there have been many phenomenal occurrences that are directly relatable to religion, and therefore hold a special place in the pages of the history books. In this case, the Salem Witch Trials, which occurred in Massachusetts in and around 1692 created an everlasting legacy of witchcraft and magic within the United States. The Salem witch trials are commonly heard of around the entire world, as they in some way set a precedent when it came to witchcraft and dark magic, which was assumed to be seen during this time.... [tags: Salem witch trials, Witchcraft, Magic, Salem]
1267 words (3.6 pages)
- Approximately 100 miles from Sao Paulo, Brazil’s largest city lies Villa Americana the last place where you would ever expect to hear English, much less a distinct southern accent from the pre-civil war. Villa Americana, considered by some to be a lost American colony founded after the Civil War, by Col. William Hutchinson Norris, the war which had recently occurred between the northern and southern states. This was a war that put brother against brother in the hopes of keeping slavery, or getting rid of it forever.... [tags: Southern United States, American Civil War]
1392 words (4 pages)
- Our National Legacy is Freedom We all have a legacy, something we wish to leave behind for the next generation to remember us for, whether that’s hard work, kindness or freedom. The United States of America is founded upon freedom, however, this freedom has a different definition to many. It has been thought for a long time that this freedom provides equality and rights to all regardless of race or religion, but, the truth is that to this nation, freedom really stands as a façade. Although America is the land of opportunity, these opportunities are not equally spread among all Americans.... [tags: Native Americans in the United States]
929 words (2.7 pages)
- Abraham Lincoln, a self-made man, was the 16th President of the United States of America. He is regarded as one of America’s greatest presidents due to the things he accomplished during his presidency and his unique background. He has an amazing story of starting out with simply nothing and never stopping until he achieved the highest political office possible. “Lincoln 's distinctively human and humane personality and historical role as savior of the Union and emancipator of the slaves creates a legacy that endures” (Biography.com, 2016).... [tags: Abraham Lincoln, United States]
1069 words (3.1 pages)
- A Legacy Reborn Jeb Bush, the name may sound familiar. His father and his brother have both been President of the United States of America. However, Jeb Bush 's ideas stand out differently than his kin. Although he is a Republican, that is where the similarities end. In Jeb Bush 's campaign ad, he has loyal supports who speak on his behalf about how he made a difference in the state of Florida, where he was governor, and in their own lives, wearing blue, the use of 'fix ', and common language in order to attract his audience for the betterment of the community.... [tags: United States, U.S. state]
1043 words (3 pages)
- Rachel Heitmann Mr. Justin Bomar United States Government – Period 8 Founding Fathers—John Adams John Adams John Adams, a pertinent contributor to our country’s modern liberty, was a man with a rich and interesting legacy. He was the first president to live in the White House, and had a son who later became the President of the United States along with a plethora of other intriguing facts. Before that, however, Adams was one of the men whom we still remember and respect today. John Adams was a Founding Father.... [tags: United States, John Adams]
1363 words (3.9 pages)
- Following the inception of the United States of America, the newfound government experienced a period of tumultuous transformation which framed America’s foreign relations and policies, culminating in significant impacts on the future actions of the political elite. This significant period occurred from 1787-1848 and had numerous influential factors which served as a foundation upon which the United States could sculpt its administrative approaches to international affairs. Early in this period there were numerous legislative developments such as the ratification of the Bill of Rights and the Judiciary Act of 1789, which, among other advancements, resulted in the formation of the Supreme Co... [tags: United States, President of the United States]
1281 words (3.7 pages)