Michael Jordans talent is so amazing. “Maybe this guy is God disguised”, former Boston Celtic Larry Bird said about Jordans talent. This really shows how people viewed his talent and liked the way he played the game of basketball. Michael Jordans talent is so amazing , he’s so incredible and beyond unreal. The things he did and accomplished in the basketball league shows his true talent. In 1984, at 21 years of age, Jordan made the United States Olympic Games basketball team under coach Bobby Knight. Averaging a remarkable seventeen points a game, Jordan led the team to a gold medal in eight straight wins! The Olympic win brought Jordan to high visibility in basketball circles and made him a household name in America. Jordan continued soaring new heights , even when he fractured his ankle early in the...
... middle of paper ...
...en since Jordan, one illistrater said in Sports magazine. “ Some of the things he’s doing out there is breath taking one coach reports to the presss in article 248 in New York Times. Lebron James says “ I love all my true fans and supporters “ , he said to the press after game 7 of his first year with the Miami Heat. “ Even when Jordan traded the game of baketball for baseball, I still Love him regardless “ , Rubeo Reddick says in New York Times Article 121 page 73. “ Mj will always be my favorite player even today!” Josh Timmerman tells magazine writer Fred Williams. “ When James went to the Heat I burned my Caviliers jersey and bought a Heat one “ . Mark Johnson told Sports Illistrater , page 129. “ I can go out, and make my mom happy “ James tld one reporter from Times magazine. “ I have money that I never dreamed about “, Lebron tell reporter in Times magazine.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Comparing LeBron James and Michael Jordan is like comparing apples and oranges. It just isn’t a fair comparison. There are too many differences. There are too many variables. There are too many fallacies that are involved to make a fair assessment to determine who the greatest basketball player of all time is. Unfortunately the comparison is being made seemingly every day, and the article by Mr. Mathis is full of fallacious material. His extreme uses of exaggeration and card stacking, along with many harsh examples of hasty generalizations, makes a claim that Michael Jordan is and always will be the greatest player to play basketball.... [tags: NBA, basketball, Mathis, comparison]
1600 words (4.6 pages)
- During the time of Michael Jordan and the now present Lebron James American culture has changed a lot. Both of these two superstars show how American society love and appreciate their superstars. The society loves them both, they are both amazingly talented and have supporting fans that will always be by their side no matter what happens, through the peaks and valleys. These two allstars are beyond incredible and show their talent in a variety of ways. Both are very truly “Blessed” with their talents and capabilities.... [tags: Basketball, Sports]
1189 words (3.4 pages)
- Michael Jordan vs. Lebron James Michael Jordan, in his prime, was thought of as one of the greatest basketball champions of all time. A shooting guard, standing at six-six, Jordan was able to out play anyone in his position. He started his career at the University of North Carolina, where he helped his team win a national championship. He then was drafted by the Chicago Bulls in the 1984-85 season. While playing for the Bulls, Jordan received many awards such as, MVP, five championships, Olympic gold medals, slam dunk contests, and many more defensive and offensive awards.... [tags: Basketball Players Sports Athletes Comparitive]
731 words (2.1 pages)
- Go out to an urban neighborhood and find a game of pickup basketball. Listen if you can hear any of the kids yell “Iso!” What does it mean. It literally means isolation, but on the court it means “Give me the ball and let me do it myself.” In Forty Million Dollar Slaves, author William C. Rhoden argues white journalists perpetuated the stereotype that black athletes are selfish with a “one-on-one” mentality. However, Rhoden fails to acknowledge that this “one-on-one” mindset on and off the field is a very real dynamic, with legitimate cause.... [tags: Kobe Bryant, Michael Jordan, LeBron James]
945 words (2.7 pages)
- Topic: Jordan being the best basketball player ever Specific Purpose: To persuade the audience that Michael Jordan even now in the present is still the greatest player ever to play in the NBA. Primary Audience Outcome: I the want the audience to understand why there should be no controversy on who is the best basketball player ever. Thesis Statement: Michael Jordan set records and has set the example of what the greatest basketball player can accomplish and really set the standards of what a hall of famer basketball player looks like.... [tags: nba, champion, number 23]
554 words (1.6 pages)
- LeBron James happens to be my favorite player and argumentatively the best player in the league. He has accomplished a lot, some would consider he had a path to greatness. As a young man he was considered a protégé. Some of the greats have had a start like his and ended up being in the hall of fame, and some have not lived up to expectation. James grew up in Akron, Ohio where he was born in December 30, 1984. He played high school basketball at St. Vincent–St. Mary High School, where he was highly promoted in the national media as a future NBA superstar.... [tags: NBA, all-star game]
949 words (2.7 pages)
- Throughout history, there have been certain controversial topics that have left humans divided. An example of a controversial topic in the world that affects all of us, can be found in the Canadian election ,when Canadians left divided on whom they believe is fit to be the leader of their country. Basketball’s biggest league, the National Basketball Association (NBA) has it’s own election like topic that divides the fans of the NBA with the question: Who is the most impactful NBA player of this era.... [tags: National Basketball Association, Kobe Bryant]
1119 words (3.2 pages)
- ... Not only was he a very talented high school player but just like Kobe he skipped the collegiate level to head straight to the NBA for true superstardom. The young phenom’s name was LeBron James. Drafted 1st overall by the Cleveland Cavaliers, LeBron was probably the most anticipated rookie to ever come into the NBA. As his career has gone on to this day he’s established himself as one of the greatest to ever play along with the legends including Jordan and Kobe (soon to be legend). Michael Jordan, although an all-around player, was mainly known for his killer instinct and scoring ability along with Kobe Bryant.... [tags: professional basketball players]
1417 words (4 pages)
- Many people who watch or play basketball always argue who is the best of all time, or which basketball player is better than the other. And the most two basketball players that get compared with each other is Kobe Bryant and Michael Jordan. Both of these two players are exciting to watch when they are on the basketball court. Taking a closer look into both of their careers you can see major similarities but you can also see where both of them have their different paths. Even though they both make the basketball world a better place the real question that needs to be answered is who is better.... [tags: Michael Jordan, National Basketball Association]
1121 words (3.2 pages)
- December 21, 1891- The birth of basketball. It has been changed from simply shooting a soccer ball into a peach basket to dunking a seven pound, leather ball into an iron rim. In the early years of the game, basketball was not as popular as other sports. In the 1985 NBA draft all this would change with the emergence of a 6'6" basketball phenomenon from Wilmington, North Carolina. Although going third in the draft, he recreated the game and is known as the best player to ever touch a basketball; he is Michael Jordan.... [tags: Basketball Michael Jordan]
1010 words (2.9 pages)
- Varying Global Ethical Standards in Business
- Janie in Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston
- Kids and Gender Roles in Contemporary Society: How We Are Perpetuating Gender Inequality
- Personification and Metaphor in two of Paul Dunbar´s Poems
- Is Summer Mastitis Caused by Flies?
- Love in All in the Timing by David Ives