VARK has four types learning styles which include visual, aural, read or write and kinesthetic strategies. Each strategy has great input and learning package to understand the concept well and learning methods. After doing the VARK questionnaire, the summary of results indicates that the author has multimodal strategies. The author has visual score of 5, aural 2, read or write 5, and Kinesthetic 4. Based on the information, Multimodal strategies explain that the author has all four combinations of learning style which means that same material needed to present in several different modes. Many researchers have evaluated the learning strategies based on research and mostly they have found that 79% students preference was multimodal (Prithishkumar & Michael, 2014).
The author preferred learning strategies include visual and read or write. Visual strategies include space, graph, different formats, charts, and plan. It is helpful to learn to visualize pictures or graph to understand the conce...
... middle of paper ...
...nts and the person who are in a position to teach others. Groups of medical students were identified by VARK analysis that they all have various learning styles. Recommendations were to provide to educators to have students design their own learning style to learn effectively and better in their educational programs.
In conclusion, each individual has their own learning styles; however, VARK questionnaire tool recognized their own learning style to improve their educations. The four strategies of learning style have been explained well through VARK website to understand the information and learning tips. Based on the VARK questionnaire, many medical groups of study results showed that each student has their own learning style to improve their educations; however, lecturer should also encourage their students to learn better by using their own learning preference.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Learning Style and Strategies Science and technology have made learning easier than in the past. People use technology such as YouTube and google to learn. Everyone has their unique style of learning. According to Romanelli et al. (2009) “ the definition of “learning styles” is “characteristic cognitive, effective, and psychosocial behaviors that serve as relatively stable indicators of how learners perceive, interact with, and respond to the learning environment” ( para. 3). Learning style is the way person absorb and understand the material.... [tags: Education, Learning styles, Kinesthetic learning]
740 words (2.1 pages)
- There are many different types of learning styles. It is important to know your preferred learning style because it will make you more successful in life. The types of learning styles are visual, aural, read/write, and kinesthetic. A visual learner use pictures, images and spatial understanding. An aural (auditory-musical) prefers using sound and music. A verbal (linguistic) learner prefers using words, both in speech and writing. Lastly, kinesthetic (physical) learner prefers using their body, hands and sense of touch.... [tags: Learning, Education, Learning styles, Preference]
916 words (2.6 pages)
- Research shows that learning styles theory is a neuroscience myth. Although this may be true, the majority of educators when given a survey indicate they believe in the learning styles and use them in their classrooms. In this essay, I will explore why this discrepancy is occurring and look at ways to share the truth with current and future educators. “The contrast between the enormous popularity of the learning-styles approach within education and the lack of credible evidence for it’s utility is, in our opinion, striking and disturbing.... [tags: Education, Learning styles, Learning, Teacher]
1104 words (3.2 pages)
- Learning styles are how individuals approach learning new concepts based on their strengths, weaknesses, and preferences. Acquiring and being aware of your learning styles is beneficial to accurately processing information that could be used for intellectual growth. Furthermore, learning styles are a part of how humans function and receive information from their world, so not being properly informed about this concept could bloom confusion, dysfunction, and chaos in society. Each learning style has a different goal and approach in interpreting information based on each individual’s abilities and should be regarded as being such.... [tags: Education, Learning styles, Psychology, Learning]
923 words (2.6 pages)
- There are many people in the world, but only three key learning styles. Learning styles can be defined as a preferred way of acquiring knowledge and processing information. A learning style affects understanding, solving problems, participating in different activities, reacting in a group, and relating to others around us. Most individuals have a dominant learning style. There are many varieties of learning styles, but they are categorized into three main groups: auditory, visual, and kinesthetic (Lamarche-Bisson): 1.... [tags: Education ]
1791 words (5.1 pages)
- Different Teaching Philosophies Introduction There are many different styles of teaching philosophies that regard themselves as the teaching foundation of how classrooms function when it comes to learning. This paper focuses on the two distinct teaching philosophies that circle around the way teachers teach and students learn. The two categorical philosophies are teacher-centered and student-centered, which are self-explanatory on what it pertains to. According to Sadker & Zittleman (2010), the table they provide include specific philosophies of student-centered and teacher-centered philosophies (p.... [tags: Education, Teacher, Learning, Classroom]
869 words (2.5 pages)
- Philosophy of Teaching “What is the most effective way to teach students?” “How can I format my lesson so that students can maximize learning?” These are some questions that teachers often struggle with; it can be noted that teaching isn’t a narrow field. An innumerable amount people are teachers at one point in their lives, whether that would be rebuking a friend, exemplifying behavior for children, or instruct a work colleague how to properly do a job. Therefore, it is important to comprehend how teaching and arguably more important how learning occurs so that when times of instruction transpire people will be able to convey the material or subject well.... [tags: Education, Learning, Teacher]
1098 words (3.1 pages)
- Cooperative learning and teaching is teaching and learning method which involves collaboration with group members whereas cooperative teaching method is effective in acquire problem-solving skills, critical thinking skills and creativity. Literature review on cooperative learning was studied with various purposes such as teacher’s belief and intentions on application of cooperative learning, based on student color classification, based on heterogeneous and homogeneous groups, effect on passive learning environment, identification of dysfunctional teams, and advantage of cooperative learning over traditional method.... [tags: Critical thinking, Education, Skill, Learning]
734 words (2.1 pages)
- Introduction The topic of interest is moral development and how young children acquire it. Fourth grade students were chosen because it is an age at which children are still learning about moral development and there are several factors that can influence it. This topic is of interest in this topic because at this age there is a change in morality as fourth graders are considered “older kids” and certain behaviors from the previous grade are no longer accepted. The research question is what influence do parenting styles have on the acquisition of moral development in fourth graders.... [tags: Parenting styles, Parenting, Scientific method]
1899 words (5.4 pages)
- Different Learning Styles Students have different ways to learn. Some people are hands on learners or visual learners. Teachers try to adapt the way they teach; to the way their students learn the best. The information that is being taught should be made fun so that the students remember the information. Schools are also using new technology to help students learn. Different learning styles have different effects on people. Different learning styles are the talk of many school districts from near and far.... [tags: Education Educating Learn Essays]
1370 words (3.9 pages)