Each individual Learning styles are different. In the VARK model the learners learning styles depends on how they wish to accept the knowledge. Neil D Fleming developed VARK model in 1987. The VARK acronym for Visual, Auditory, Reading/writing and Kinaesthetic. Visual learners learn through seeing, auditory learn by listening, write/ read learners learn by writing and reading, kinaesthetic learners learn by doing. Multimodal (two or more combinations of the VARK model) is the steadiness of the different learning styles. As per the VARK questionnaire my preferred learning style is kinaesthetic. This is a style people learn by feeling or actually doing. VARK model helps me to understand my style of learning and if I don’t apply it in my studies it is not beneficial for me to knowing my style. The learners get benefit knowing their learning style only when they implement the new style by practising and getting the result.
My preferred learning strategies are below
• Reading, and highlighting the keywords
• Re reading and remembering the key points
• Identifying main points and create a summary
• Participating in healthier discussions
• Demonstrate by doing
• Evaluate the learning
• Finish the task in stipulated time.
As per the VARK questionnaire my preferred learning is multi model that include auditory and writing/reading. Auditory learning is attending lectures, tutorials, and group discussions. An audit...
... middle of paper ...
...y focus is to provide adequate education to the patients and their families. When it’s come to health education to the patient’s healthcare providers need to assess each individual patients and families knowledge and understanding about their problems, treatment and outcome. And they need to assess their learning style and preferences in order for patient to learn the new task. nurses can change the teaching style according to the patients learning style and provide effective teaching. when patient perform the task appropriately that means learning and teaching strategies are correct.
All these models are not meant to be the absolute strategy for our learning, students should be able to apply appropriate strategies according to the situations. The learner need to choose the best way they can learn better and try different strategies in order to master the learning.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Learning Style and Strategies Science and technology have made learning easier than in the past. People use technology such as YouTube and google to learn. Everyone has their unique style of learning. According to Romanelli et al. (2009) “ the definition of “learning styles” is “characteristic cognitive, effective, and psychosocial behaviors that serve as relatively stable indicators of how learners perceive, interact with, and respond to the learning environment” ( para. 3). Learning style is the way person absorb and understand the material.... [tags: Education, Learning styles, Kinesthetic learning]
740 words (2.1 pages)
- I want to start out by saying, that each of these learning styles will apply to each and every one of us. Some will use a difference learning style, because that style is easier for that student. We all have a learning style that will help us move forward in this course. For instantly, my learning style is the Kinesthetic Learner style. I’m very good at putting things together without the instructions. I can easily figure out how it goes. For instant, I can put together a barbecue grill without the instruction manual.... [tags: Education, Learning, Psychology, Study skills]
778 words (2.2 pages)
- Learning is very important thing in our life. Every day person learns new thing till whole life. Person can’t stop the learning. Everyone start learning from childhood. for example, When the baby born they learn about suck, eat, crawl and walk, and then they develop into children and their bodies ready to learn more than one thinking it includes the all personality, senses, feelings and values. A.K., Whiren, AP. (2004). The VARK learning Styles tells that everyone has a different personality to learn.... [tags: Education, Learning styles, Knowledge, Learning]
849 words (2.4 pages)
- When it comes to learning, everyone wants to gain knowledge in the most efficient way. If you have ever worked as a teacher or even been a student in classroom, you likely know not everyone learns in exactly the same manner. Maybe you have encountered a friend trying to explain a concept to you, and it just does not click, but later someone shows you the concept in a different way, and it makes sense right away. Whether you are an official student in school or you are simply a life-long learner in the school of life, not everyone learns in exactly the same way, and discovering your learning style will help you get the best results.... [tags: Learning, Psychology, Study skills, Education]
1293 words (3.7 pages)
- Learning Styles While doing the learning styles test I was thinking about the way I think I learn best. As I was thinking about it thought I was more of a hands on type learner and a auditory learner. This is the exact results I got back. My two highest results were kinesthetic which means hands on and the second one was auditory learner. I think they were spot on with the results. I have started to do more auditory learning. It is harder to do more hands on stuff just because the courses I am taking there is not very many ways the do hands on work.... [tags: Educational psychology, Psychology, Education]
720 words (2.1 pages)
- Richard M. Felder & Eunice R. Henriques (1995) state, “The challenge to language instructors is to devise ways of augmenting their verbal classroom presentation with non-verbal visual material- for example, showing photographs, drawings, sketches, and cartoons to reinforce presentation of vocabulary words, and using films, videotapes, and dramatizations to illustrate lessons in dialogue and pronunciation” (p.24) I thoroughly enjoyed the reading,” Learning and Teaching Styles In Foreign and Second Language Education by Richard M.... [tags: Education, Educational psychology]
1090 words (3.1 pages)
- This paper will identify which of the Kolb learning styles best suits me and why I think so. It will also give some examples from my past and present to support these findings. After determining, the learning styles that best fit me and completing an inventory exercise, I have concluded that I learn best using audio and visual techniques in the learning process. I agree with everything this exercise has brought to light. I never knew that these styles were the meaning by which I learned. I have also included examples as to how I see the use and benefits of these learning styles in my career.... [tags: Learning Styles]
718 words (2.1 pages)
- Learning Style and Strategies Everyone learn something almost every day of their life, it might be learning in you academic, on the job, an additional training or learning to pursuit a hobby or dream, no matter what your learning is for, it is to acquire more new knowledge. The way we approach acquiring this new knowledge by learning is unique to each person based on the individual learning styles. Learning style is explained as different methods or ways a person expand their knowledge by learning new things or materials.... [tags: Education, Learning styles, Learning, Psychology]
835 words (2.4 pages)
- 1.0 Introduction We are living in a technology-based world. Day by day, the world we live in is developing in various aspects without fail. Along with that, trend in education has been developing to cater for the best of the students. This clearly means that trends in the education system are always changing from time to time. The modernized world has changed people’s perception on how they look at the current trends in education. Speaking about trends, what do we understand about trends. According to Erlendsson (2003) trend in short means ‘a regular change in data over time’.... [tags: Essay on Learning Styles]
1404 words (4 pages)
- The VARK questionnaire is a useful and efficient tool for many students to use in order to comprehend and ultimately unlock the learning style and strategies that work best with students to achieve success as well as generate potent study habits. After taking the VARK questionnaire, my results were as follows; Visual 12, Aural 9, Read/Write 9 and Kinesthetic 11. Based upon my results I was easily able to conclude that I am a visual learner while also, being an active or more of a hands-on type of learning style.... [tags: Learning, Learning styles, Kinesthetic learning]
963 words (2.8 pages)