When I look back to my life, it was really long ago when I started to read and write the first language which was Gujarati. I know few languages such as: Gujarati, Hindi, English, and Spanish. I struggled with reading when I started to learn Gujarati after learning first language, it became easier for me to learn how to read other languages. After mastering the first and second languages it became easier for me to me learn how to write and read other languages. My sister was the first one who exposed me with how to write and read Gujarati first then I learned more in school. One of my teacher named Mrs. Rashmika in India she was the first one to teach me Hindi when I was in third grade then, Mr. Kalal is the one who taught me English first when I was in fourth grade. Spanish is the last language that I began learning it with Ms. Holmes in eighth grade.
First, I started to write and read Gujarati since I was about four years old because it was my native language. My sister is the person who taught me how to write and read alphabets of Gujarati. We didn’t have any preschool for kids where I lived, we directly go to kindergarten so my sister was like a teacher for me until I did not start the school. To motivate me my sister would give me treats if I write or read the alphabets correct. She also gave me punishments when I did not write or read the alphabets correctly. If I read or write any letter of alphabets wrong, I had to write that for ten or times which helped me remember those alphabets. Ultimately, my school year started and I was excited to go to school. My teacher started to teach alphabets in the class and I was so happy that I knew the alphabets already. Afterwards, I started to learn how to ...
... middle of paper ...
...i,” and everyone including the student who asked the question sits in a chair. One of the rule is that if you are sitting in a chair, one needs to move at least one chair away not the next one in the circle. If the student from the circle who was not tapped by the teacher was asked a question then, the student answers the question asked by the student standing. This game was really fun to play and everyone in my class enjoyed it.
Overall, my experience of getting familiar with writing and reading different languages was really good and fun. One of the first language I learned was Gujarati then, Hindi, English, and last one is Spanish. Learning all these three languages were extremely fun with different teachers. It is always really cool to be able to write and read in different languages. I always loved learning new languages. How many languages can you write and rea
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- “Bonjour”,” god dag”, “hyvää paivää”, and “hello” were part of my vocabulary when I first came here in USA. I am from Finland, which has two main languages; Finnish and Swedish. I also started English courses in elementary school and French in high school. I have always been really interested about different foreign languages, because it introduces me to different countries and cultures. It also helps me to communicate with people around the world while I am traveling. There are also many other advantages to learn foreign language, like for example to get better job, and be able to communicate with foreigners in or out of your own country.... [tags: globalization, learning languages,]
1105 words (3.2 pages)
- Second Language Logistics There are many different types of languages spoken in the world. People all around the globe speak at least one native language; many people speak multiples. It is important to realize that America is behind in teaching of languages, and this set back hits close to home in our school district. Because District 301 is lacking in offering second languages to be taught when students are in grade school, the students are being set back and are not as advanced in languages as foreign schools.... [tags: Second language, Language education, Language]
1567 words (4.5 pages)
- Second language learning is the process of learning a different language other than one’s mother tongue resulting in the ability of an individual to use one or more languages different from his first language. It can take place in a natural setting or through classroom instructions; however, the degree of proficiency differs (Gomleksiz, 2001). Learning is a conscious process that includes thorough explanation of grammar rules, practice of those rules, as well as memorizing lists of vocabulary, usually in a classroom setting (Wisniewski, 2007).... [tags: languages]
1740 words (5 pages)
- Nowadays, many people think reading is not necessary, since there are so many sources of information and types of entertainment, such as TV, cinema and the Internet. I believe they are wrong because reading is very beneficial in many ways. Good reading skills are very important in learning languages. Reading improves spelling because as students learn to sound out letters and words, spelling comes easier. It helps to expand the vocabulary, since the best way to acquire a large vocabulary is to read.... [tags: Importance of Reading]
994 words (2.8 pages)
- Language. It is a method of communication by the human beings. Language is being done by either speaking or writing consisting of the use of words in a structured and conventional system. Language is very important; it is essential to everything we do in our daily life. We use language to express our feeling to people around you, what we need, what we want and the question we would want to ask and understand. The most widely spoken language on the world is based in the most populated country on the earth that is China, beating the second most spoken language, English, by two is to one ratio, and Mandarin Chinese is the most popular language in the world.... [tags: communication, understanding, chinese]
589 words (1.7 pages)
- Phonemes are the smallest sound units that have a distinct sounds within different languages. It is the basic foundation of the English writing system because of segmenting. Segmenting refer to breaking down words into sound groups, which allows us to hear each phonemes. Take the word “pat” for example, segmenting the word pat would result to /p/ /a/ /t/. The combining of sound to create a small units of word that carry meaning is refer to morpheme. Phonetic segmenting allows people of all ages to better communicate, to learn new words, to write and to spell efficiently.... [tags: Linguistics, Semantics, Phonology, Phrase]
747 words (2.1 pages)
- Students all over the world are generally required to learn a second language. In some cases students are even required to spend another shorter period of their education learning a third language, and in some cases even a forth language course may be offered. This happens in most countries in Europe, for example in Portugal where students are required to take 12 years of English alongside with their native language (in this case Portuguese), and an additional 3 to 6 years of training in French may also be required in their education in order to graduate from high school.... [tags: US Education, Culture, Latin]
967 words (2.8 pages)
- Compare and contrast the way foreign languages (i.e., English) are taught in two different systems of education. How can a learner learn better. This question leads to many answers so the method of teaching varies with the country, not only within the country it also varies within the institutions. Although the goals of all are the same. In my country Nepal, we also learn the English language with our Native language, most of the books are on Nepali and one or two English book. Everyone has their experience of learning English or foreign language.... [tags: Second language, Learning, Education, Knowledge]
1078 words (3.1 pages)
- Capitalism has been around for some time, and globalization is becoming part of the world. People need to learn different languages to communicate with business from other nations. Esperanto is an easy-to-learn language than can be used to make business with international organizations, and solve the linguistic Issue of learning different languages. Our world is crowded by different languages, some of which have a minimum difference between them and others which are extremely different. Some languages are based on Latin and Greek Words.... [tags: Languages]
365 words (1 pages)
- Languages i'm torn/rejecting outfits offered me/regretting things i've worn -Ani Difranco, "Pale Purple" Bilingual people make me feel guilty. I read somewhere that in Sweden as well as many Asian countries schoolchildren are required to learn two languages at the very least, one of them English. I feel proud as a speaker of excellent English. This is in part because the United States is such a powerful entity (the "dominating world power"), but I don't want to think about that. However, when I spent time in Brazil with my Portuguese-speaking native mother, I was a gringa; my English forming gravel in the mouth, harsh and jarring against the smooth samba-based rhythms of Portuguese.... [tags: Personal Narrative Foreign Papers]
3246 words (9.3 pages)