Essay PreviewMore ↓
The first step will be to address the need and scalability that Kathy Kudler is looking for in the company. There is a growing need it increase and standardize their network structure in the way of wired and wireless network. The network infrastructure has become a global on demand in all business. Technological advances require a responsive network infrastructure that is designed to control costs and reduce risks to a business, while enabling new business opportunities. The first Kudler's operations will have to be centrally linked tighter one server that can be accessed at all location. This will elevate the database which is presently used and has to be updated continuously at each store. The new system will accomplish the need to the entire operations. The heads of each location will be called upon for a meeting, the CEO, Kathy Kudler will have be aware of the global changes that will take place and effect the organization. Establishing a central database management system will keep track information from each facility and there location. Being able to access this information from any location can support the supply chain management system that Kudler is also looking for. The information in a database that can be linked to all three stores, this way the information of gathering these resources can be deploy and optimize the network infrastructure with proper management. With a system that can be integrated between these facilities can be all run virtually regardless of the complex organization's size, achieving business viability and maintain a competitive edge will be a paramount concern at Kindler's.
How to Cite this Page
"Learner Kudler Fine Foods." 123HelpMe.com. 28 Feb 2020
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Kudler Fine Foods is a gourmet foods retailer founded in 1998 by Kathy Kudler in LaJolla, California. Kudler offers a wide variety of fine wines and gourmet cheeses, European-style baked goods, organic meats, seafood, produce, and exotic herbs and spices. Appealing to connoisseurs of gourmet foods has enabled Kudler to grow steadily, adding stores in Del Mar in 2000 and Encinitas in 2003 (Apollo Group, 2005). This report will examine Kudlers current management strategy as well as changes in technology and how this can create new opportunities for Kudler.... [tags: Kudler Fine Foods Case Study]
1591 words (4.5 pages)
- Kudler Fine Foods Overview of Management Kudler Fine Foods is an upscale specialty food store located in San Diego, California. What started out as a small endeavor has escalated into three stores throughout the San Diego metropolitan area. The three stores are located within existing shopping centers and contain the following departments: bakery and pastries, produce, meat and seafood, condiments and packaged foods and finally cheese's and specialty dairy products (Kudler Fine Foods - Home).... [tags: Kudler Fine Foods Case Study]
1757 words (5 pages)
- Kudler Fine Foods is a store unlike any in the grocery industry. Kudler Fine Foods represents a store that could possibly spark a new era within the grocery world. The owner of Kudler Fine Foods, Kathy Kudler, has watched her dream of owning and operating a grocery store that specializes in fine quality food grow within a short period of time. The success of Kudler Fine Foods can be attributed to the innovative ideas, effective leadership, and organizational structure. The overall mission of Kudler Fine Food's "is to provide our customers the finest in selected foodstuffs, wines, and related needs in an unparallel consumer environment.... [tags: Kudler Fine Foods Case Study]
1693 words (4.8 pages)
- Strategic Planning Kudler Fine Foods is committed to providing its customers with the finest selection of the very best foods and wines. Kudler has enjoyed successful growth by standing behind this commitment, but would now like to expand its services, and improve the efficiency of its operation (University of Phoenix, 2006). This requires flexible market strategies that are developed based on analysis of current internal and external forces affecting the company. Proper analysis and implementation will provide a successful strategy resulting in a sustainable competitive advantage (Gomez-Mejia & Balkin, 2002).... [tags: Kudler Fine Foods Case Study]
1552 words (4.4 pages)
- As part of its strategic growth plan to attract new customers, Kudler Fine Foods, a gourmet food shop based in southern California, has decided to contract with local organic farmers to provide fresh organic produce to its three existing stores. Owner, Kathy Kudler's incentive for this plan lays in consumer trends which is expects the organic foods industry to grow from $41.2 Billion to $62 Billion in just three years (Progressive Grocer, 2006). Success of this initiative will depend on the careful analysis of affected operations management processes, supply chain activities, and quality control systems.... [tags: Kudler Fine Foods Case Study]
1904 words (5.4 pages)
- Strategy Assignment Kathy Kudler is the creator of Kudler Fine Foods. Kathy’s primary goal in establishing KFF was to create a retail store that provides a selection of gourmet foods in order to meet the needs of the typical person all within one store. A wide variety of foods are offered at Kudler Fine Foods. The many different departments include gourmet baked goods, dairy, cheese, wine, organic and non organic produce sections, fresh meats, and seafood. Furthermore, the three different retail locations will offer cooking classes in addition to monthly cheese and wine customer appreciation classes.... [tags: Kudler Fine Foods Case Study Analysis]
1290 words (3.7 pages)
- Kudler Fine Foods is an organization that wants to evolve and mature as a company and implement practices that illustrate their growth as a company. One particular practice that Kudler Foods wants to implement is reaching out and contracting to local farmers to gain access to organic foods for sell within all three branches of Kudler Foods (UOP,2008). By implementing such a new system changes will have to be made primarily within the company’s operations management. This paper will discuss the needed changes and alterations that need to occur in order to maintain their efficiency as a company.... [tags: Kudler Fine Foods Case Study Analysis]
1461 words (4.2 pages)
- Strategy Assessment Kudler Fine Foods Kudler Fine Foods was established by Kathy Kudler in June 1998 with the opening of one store in La Jolla. Her plan was to offer a one stop shopping experience for those people who were in search of quality ingredients for gourmet cooking. Due to the success of the La Jolla store, two additional stores were opened in Del Mar and Encinitas. The mission of Kudler Fine Foods has been modified “to provide their customers with the finest in selected foodstuffs, wines, and related needs in an unparalleled consumer environment” (Virtual Organizations, 2008).... [tags: Case Study Strategy Assessment Kudler Fine Foods]
921 words (2.6 pages)
- The Need of an Upgraded System for Kudler Fine Foods Kudler fine Foods are in dire need of an upgraded system as well as a better constructed database. It is recognized that there are three stores involved, and downtime is unacceptable. This document will outline the requirements needed from different section, such as Marketing, Human Resources, and Management to name a few. Currently, there is a collection of information, but many of the systems are not automated. We will outline areas that we feel need improvement.... [tags: Kudler Fine Foods Marketing Finances Essays]
1364 words (3.9 pages)
- Kudler Fine Foods Transforms to Organic Produce The Kudler Fine Foods is transforming its produce to carry organically grown produce. In the company's mission statement: "We will provide this service because we shop the world' for our products; purchase only the finest of products and will go to extensive lengths to assure that Kudler's is the purveyor of choice for customers aspiring to purchase the finest epicurean delights (Kudler Fine Foods, 2006). Kathy Kudler and her administrative team have decided to contract with local vendors to bring organic produce to the stores.... [tags: Kudler Foods Case Study Analysis]
1997 words (5.7 pages)
The three major areas of concern in computing and data collection in this environment of the company is Hardware, software and network capability. The basic requirements will be the handing the new up dated and software ware packages. In this case the amount of random access memory will be vital in operations due to the fact that there will be several applications running acquiring data.
Hardware, can the computers meet the minimum hardware requirements for Windows XP Professional, In addition to meeting these requirements, all hardware devices must be compatible with Windows XP Professional. Software is the applications compatible with Windows XP Professional, and will all applications, including custom-designed software, work with computers running Windows XP Professional. Talking into account each facility will need to address the hardware issues first. There will be a need to have dedicated servers to support operations between facilities. This will be done with the same software between servers. Members of IT staff at Kindler will be responsible in maintaining and support of these servers and to support the fire wall conditions. IT personal will use a RAID, Redundant Array of Inexpensive Disks, is a number of hard disks which act as an extremely reliable single disk drive. This can be done by duplication of data from one disk drive to another. Failed disk drives can be replaced and data can be placed back onto the disk drive while the remainder of the system is in operation the term of hot swapping the disk drive is automatically initialized into the array when another fails. Drives are used in pairs and all data is written identically to both drives. Each drive can be paired, failure of one drive will not bring down the system, and the other drive will continue to operate.
Software packages will be necessary to meet the requirements of Kindler's Frequent Shopper Program. This information will be recorded with the purchase of each customer the software package will support the needs of the organization and will include the time of year and quantity of purchase per each unit item. The transfer of complete data files to down load the old data which will be used for all data migration and stored into usable files. Depending on availability network connections will be address as they arise as newer networks come around the support to faster speeds will be necessary for communications between customers and facilities from product and availability