So you want to be a small group leader, but are not sure what leading a small group is all about? If God has brought you to this point, it is evident that God has divinely orchestrated your life to begin leading a small group. Although it may seem impossible to do, God will be there every step of the way and will certainly provide you the amount of grace needed. Are you ready and willing to commit to seasons of servant leadership?
Although leading a small group demand the actions of commitment, faithfulness, and consistency to complete small group tasks; the most important action to remember is to take everything to God in prayer, as God is the source for every phase of small group development. Seeking God to provide for every area and aspect of small group growth, will provide an end result that will be God glorified. Please keep in mind that this instruction manual covers the surface of what is necessary to start a small group; however, purchasing the books from the bibliography will provide you with more detailed information on the entire process of leading a small group. Now you are wondering, how do you get started with small group leadership? The first half of this manual will explain what a small group is, will disclose biblical principles that founded small groups, and provide the motivational reasons for small group development. Ready to get started? On your mark, get set, go!
WHAT A SMALL GROUP IS
Andy Stanley describes a small group, “The small-group program is not an appendage; it is not a program we tacked onto an existing structure. The small group is part of our lifestyle.” This means, a small group is a small body of believers who make a conscious decision to live a Christian lifes...
... middle of paper ...
...stament Insights for the 21st Century Church. Moreno Valley, CA: CCS Publishing, 2012.
Comiskey, Joel. “Proper Motivatins for Cell Ministry,” Internet, available from
http://joelcomiskeygroup.com/blog_2/2013/01/03proper-motivations-for-cell, accessed 15, November 2013.
Comiskey, Joel. “What Is A Cell,” Joel Comiskey Group, Internet, available from
http://joelcomiskeygroup.com/articles/basics/whatIsACell.htm, accessed 4,
Earley, Dave & Rod Dempsey, The Pocket Guide To Leading A Small Group: 52 ways to
help you and your small group grow, Houston, TX: TOUCH Publications, Inc.,
Mack, Michael, Lecture Notes: Small Group Quotes, DMSM 630, Small Group
Ministry, Liberty University, Dr. McGinn, Fall 2013.
Stanley, Andy, Lecture Notes: Small Group Quotes, DMSM 630, Small Group Ministry,
Liberty University, Dr. McGinn, Fall 2013.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Sunday, the 11th of december, I had decided to critique the speaker named Ray Smith. This particular speaker happens to be the pastor of Emmaus Lutheran School and Church. Which my family and I have been a part of this middle school and church for generations. Our church service is usually always as traditional as it can possibly get. We sing church hymns, read, repeat, follow after our pastor, and recite the apostles creed along with other beliefs. In the middle of the service the pastor sets down traditional word play and creates a speech to give every sunday which is called a Homily or sermon.... [tags: Christian terms, Christianity, Repentance, Sin]
1064 words (3 pages)
- ... In the case of abortion, unlike in the United States where there is no religion that dominates the government so everyone can have the right to choose, abortion dating back to Ancient Roman times was strictly forbidden. Women during that time were severely punished by the Catholic Church by having abortions. The Catholic Church puts a great emphasis on what they believe to be morally right and what is morally wrong. Since early B.C, the Romans have adopted a mixed form of government known as the Roman Republic.... [tags: religious beliefs and government]
1401 words (4 pages)
- Summary Kingdom Universal International is an outreach Pentecostal congregation in a small town call Wilson. The church is international-minded, having a mission team to Barbados and South Africa every year to feed the hungry and build churches for other pastors. The church is involved in many local missions around the State of North Carolina. The church supports the evangelistic outreaches of the Women’s and Men ministry to local churches. Members are actively involved in many community activities such as the local homeless shelter, domestic violence, and nursing home.... [tags: Christianity, Jesus, Bible, Christian terms]
829 words (2.4 pages)
- East Granby’s large, off-white Congregational church appeared reasonably unassuming the rainy Tuesday night I pulled into its driveway. Other than its higher-than-average ratio of farm trucks in the parking lot, there was nothing to suggest it differed from any other Colonial meeting house in the area. Regardless of these facts, I realized that I was anxious walking toward the church entranceway, around which a small group of smokers had gathered. Rationally I knew I would be attending an open discussion meeting with a predictable structure.... [tags: Alcoholism, Alcohol abuse, Twelve-step program]
868 words (2.5 pages)
- Leadership is essentially the ability to motivate. An effective leader can motivate others toward reaching a common goal. Leaders are different than managers in that leaders inspire others to do the work needed while managers generally tend to manage the tasks associated with completing the goal. - In my own experiences, I have been both a leader and a manager in my professional life and find that leading can be difficult. Inspiring others to get on the same page and work together toward the same goal has its own challenges.... [tags: role model, effective communication]
928 words (2.7 pages)
- Effective business marketing methods will be the controlling factor for small business growth. The point of this venture will be to identify probable techniques for marketing CJ Salon. This will be accomplished through surveying other small businesses concerning organizational practice and effectiveness of business marketing. Economic pitfalls have caused a decline in clientele at CJ Salon. By means of investigation, this study will provide an effective blueprint for small business marketing strategies which support growth.... [tags: Marketing, Business, Small business, Research]
806 words (2.3 pages)
- “Instead of being just a church that welcomes and receives by keeping the doors open, let us try also to be a church that finds new roads, that is able to step outside itself and go to those who do not attend Mass, to those who have quit or are indifferent,” said Pope Francis in an intimate interview with americanmagazine.com. The Catholic Church has had a spotty history, oppression and persecution ruled ancient times and even some modern thought. Christians were persecuted, Christians and non-Christians fled to new regions, and new religions and ideologies arose.... [tags: Roman Catholic Church, Catholic Church]
1868 words (5.3 pages)
- Before start the discussion of how IT behave in small business, let us look at the definition of IT. IT ,short for "information technology", is a term that includes all forms of technology used to create, store, exchange, and use information in its various forms such as business data, voice conversations, still images, motion pictures, multimedia presentations, and other forms, including those not yet conceived. It's a convenient term for including both telephony and computer technology in the same word (Applegate).... [tags: IT for Small Business]
2725 words (7.8 pages)
- Leading The Revolution by Gary Hamel Leading the Revolution was written by Gary Hamel and published in September of 2000. Hamel writes a how to book on creating the new dynamic organization. His main theme is that old business strategies are not going to survive in what he calls the age of Revolution. In his premise to the book, he states that he will show the reader how to become a revolutionary in the business world. He completes his stated task by explaining the difference between contemporary strategy and revolutionary strategy, by explaining how a reader can begin to think revolutionary, and finally by explaining how a person can act revolutionary in their own company.... [tags: Leading The Revolution by Gary Hamel]
806 words (2.3 pages)
- 1 INTRODUCTION What should aspirant leaders do to become more effective. Numerous articles and books have been written discussing and defining the role of a leader and what one should do in order to become an effective leader. Each author, leader or researcher will have a different perspective on which qualities should be embedded in a leader in order to make them stand out from the rest and be an asset to their organisation. The synopsis to follow reflects on different leadership styles, tasks and personal traits of great leaders.... [tags: Leading Leader Qualities]
1894 words (5.4 pages)