Obviously, empowering with the strong qualitative tools to overcome obstacles in a community healthcare Center after 4 months as a freshly hired practice manager is remarkable. Beyond that, one must believe that many different kind of help are needed to perform a duty effectively. For instance, the senior administrator did encourage the reading of “The World’s Most Powerful Leadership Principle—How to Become a Servant Leader”, by James C. Hunter to enhance our objectives and goals. From a careful reading, I get the essence of using the enriched principles in this book during my first months of work. I tend to agree that being a servant leader can make a manager influent to commit to the mission of leading responsibly. I end up changing my mind about poor leadership and developing excellent skills to meet my expectations. Reflecting back, I learn on how Servant Leadership may have influenced some of the decisions I made in the Community Care Center during my probationary months and beyond.
As a newly hired practice manager, I had to understand myself, know my staff, and decipher my job description to stand my leadership development and character development as one. Accordingly, I have taken three amazing tests Emotional Intelligence, Hemisphere Dominance, and Jungian Assessments that helped me envision myself as an effective servant leader. Additionally, the outcome from the self-assessment test weighs the difference from my personal weaknesses and my strengths. Following the human nature and many different steps to change and growth, I tend to agree that to listen carefully, to encourage others to perform to the best of their ability, to have a positive attitude on the job, and to treat others with ...
... middle of paper ...
... last month, I certainly enjoy using my past leadership skills to deal with Market/Branding Plan, the Lab issues, the equipment Purchase Primary Care Van. Reflecting back, I understand how important it was
To sum up, I must understand that some of the important decisions I made in the Community Care Center may have been influenced by being trained effectively as a servant leader. I remember applying my learning, knowledge, feedback, and experience to my everyday life toward reorganizing the office area, orienting the workplace and prioritizing the issues, and updating the UCCC following the new technological advances. In reflecting back, I do believe that “The World’s Most Powerful Leadership Principle—How to Become a Servant Leader”, by James C. Hunter is a veritable tool that once we read it with care can empower anyone to become an effective servant leader.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- I completed my practicum at the State University Health Research Center. The HRC was launched in March 2014 by the State School of Medicine. Its mission is to utilize the Community-based Participatory Research (CBPR) approach to build the community capacity and leadership for health promotion and disease prevention across the diverse populations of the county. The HRC is funded by a 5-year, $4.1 million grant from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), as part of the Prevention Research Centers Program.... [tags: Community Health Internship]
1210 words (3.5 pages)
- Many leadership styles exist. The determining factor if a leadership style is effective or not is often how it is carried out and if it is appeasing to those, the leader is attempting to lead. One of the leadership styles that has become popular is Servant leadership. Although Greenleaf developed servant leadership more than thirty-five years ago and he identified ten characteristics that pertain to servant leadership. (book p. 56) Servant leadership has been successful in various industries and its popularity continues to increase.... [tags: Leadership, Management, Nurse]
1057 words (3 pages)
- The final official text for our doctoral program, “Grace-full Leadership” by Bowling (2011) captures the essence of being an ethical leader, as we gear up to exit the program in May of 2017. The texts prior in Covenant Leadership build foundation to that journey to embark with new insights, morale, and values about leadership in our arenas following Christ’s lead in this broken world. Effective leadership is established by a leader’s dedication to life-long development. Grace-Full leaders are more concerned with spirit than style.... [tags: Leadership, Ethical leadership, Management]
1290 words (3.7 pages)
- Strategic Leadership: Johnson County Development Services Introduction Leadership is a living phenomenon; therefore, it is expected to shift shape according to its purpose and demands of its followers and the environment. This kind of adaptability is why a leader is considered someone who is capable of creating a strategy to lead the development of an inspired, comprehensive, and far-reaching vision for an organization. Excellence and performance in an organization do not happen by chance; it is a conscious choice made by leaders to envision excitement and ennoble possibilities and desire to make something happen; to change the way things are and to create something that no one else has ever... [tags: Strategic management, Management, Leadership]
957 words (2.7 pages)
- Founded in 1991, the Center for Lesbian and Gay Studies (CLAGS) provides intellectual leadership towards understanding and addressing the issues that affect Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender individuals and the members of other sexual and gender minorities. As the first university-based LGBTQ research center in the United States, CLAGS nurtures cutting-edge scholarship; organizes colloquia for examining and affirming LGBTQ lives; and fosters network-building among academics, artists, activists, policy makers, and community members.... [tags: Education, homosexuality]
1568 words (4.5 pages)
- Will Chief Nursing Officers Hear the Call: A Reflection The health care system has experienced rapid changes related to patient care and safety practices that had lead to multifaceted shift in patient care models and nursing leadership paradigm. These changes that include “transitioning from a traditional reimbursement models to new and innovative methods” (Patton & Pawar, 2012, p. 320). have greatly influenced the rapid transformation in the leadership role assumed by nursing executives in the healthcare organization in the past decade.... [tags: Health care, Medicine, Health, Nursing]
1116 words (3.2 pages)
- The University Medical Center New Orleans (UMC New Orleans), opened on August 1, 2015 and serves as an academic facility for the LCMC Health system. It provides a unique combination of both public health and clinical services to the New Orleans community, including a Level 1 Trauma Center, which is an unprecedented division of care for the southeast region. UMC New Orleans is strategically placed in the Medical District to facilitate interactions between the medical schools and healthcare organizations in the area (University Medical Center, 2015).... [tags: Health care, Medicine, Goal, Health]
923 words (2.6 pages)
- Level 4A Reflection Paper Level 4A has allowed me the chance to engage in various clinical experiences that have helped master my nursing skills. This semester I was assigned to Select Specialty. This clinical site is specialized in caring for complex medical conditions, such as patients who were on mechanical ventilation equipment’s, complex wounds, cardiac diseases, prolonged surgical recovery, long-term IV antibiotics, patient requiring dialysis support, renal failure, pre and/or post-transplant, post injury, neurologic diseases, uncontrolled diabetes and infections disease.... [tags: Nursing, Nursing theory, Nursing care plan]
1491 words (4.3 pages)
- The importance of motivation is much more in the police sector.Motivation is the key to success. Motivate to achieve the required level is the basic duty and role of the leader. Leader has always been a source of inspiration to reach to the organizational goals and that should have been built on the interest. To gain inspiration or maintained by different people in different ways. For self-motivation and an incentive for the better performance you do not need to rely on others, but you can always look for inspiration.... [tags: Business Management]
1306 words (3.7 pages)
- Community Service and Service Learning Defined: To compare community service and service learning it is necessary that each are defined. Community service is defined in the Cambridge Advanced Learners Dictionary as, “work that people do to help other people without payment, and which young criminals whose crime was not was not serious enough for them to be put in prison are forced to do”(Cambridge Advanced Learners Dictionary 2004). Community service is simply as it is defined work done for free, that carries along with it a slave labor tone.... [tags: essays papers]
2033 words (5.8 pages)