Yi- Feng Yang (2016) and Ganos and Galla (2013) state that to lead others you should know yourself very well and what leadership skill you attain. Change of leadership helps to bring up leadership trust and change commitment. Leadership models and styles are defined as trust, admiration, loyalty, respect and integrity. Originality and value in a leader show different opportunities of styles such as engaging, goal-oriented and involvement. To be precise, these leadership styles demonstrate good characteristics of a leader displaying good leadership skills. Yi- Feng Yang (2016) state that these skills are very important in the workplace environment. Leadership trusts are viewed as a social bond to the employees to have faith in their leader’s fairness, honesty, and reliability in the workplace. With this type of leadership qualities, employees are able to work together to reach their goals and specific change initiatives. Schmitt, Hertog, and Belschak (2016) claim that leader behavior in a work environment is suggested to be important for proactivity and transformational leadership behavior in relation to work employees. Though, leadership is a dynamic process of influencing people, which, in certain organizational conditions can have an effect on other members, with the aim of meeting the objectives of the group. Values are principles, standards or qualities that an individual or group of people hold in high regard. These values guide the way we live our lives and the decisions we make. A value may be defined as something that we hold dear, those qualities, which we consider being of worth. Values can influence many of the judgments we make as well as have an impact on the support we give to people. It is importa...
... middle of paper ...
...ison of the skills I have in a situation. These leadership skills will show me how I can reach to these skills having an activity log to keep on track. Every day I will log the date, time, activity description, how I feel, duration and value (high, medium low, not). Then, I can keep an eye out how I am progressing with my change of behavior and note down everything that I do. Once my activity log is done I will analyze what need to be change and how I can improve and spend more time to value my leadership. Once I have reached my goals for the day I will go around asking friends and family what they have observed of my accomplishment and if I have met my goals or what needs to be improved on. Therefore, when I have succeeded in reaching my goals it will show me being able to lead effectively every day in the life in my own ability of leadership skills on a daily basis.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Personal Profile Yi- Feng Yang (2016) and Ganos and Galla (2013) state that to lead others you should know yourself very well and what leadership skill you attain. Change of leadership helps to bring up leadership trust and change commitment. Leadership models and styles are defined as trust, admiration, loyalty, respect and integrity. Originality and value in a leader show different opportunities of styles such as engaging, goal-oriented and involvement. To be precise, these leadership styles demonstrate good characteristics of a leader displaying good leadership skills.... [tags: Leadership, Sociology, Management, Skill]
2502 words (7.1 pages)
- There are different traits associated with leaderships; many researchers have come to the conclusion that leaders will have certain attribute that will make them unique. Stogdill’s on his several surveys came up with 10 positive traits of leadership Northhouse (2013, p.21). After several researches, a list of traits that are central to leadership qualities are the self-confidence of a leader, how intelligent he or she is, how determined they are to achieve to their personal/organisational goal, how much integrity they have and how sociable are they Northhouse (2013, p.23).... [tags: Leadership, Management, Skill, Learning]
1010 words (2.9 pages)
- Leaders of education have a colossal volume of responsibility to so many people. Their leadership affects the students, staff, guardians, parents, community, and school supervisors. In order to be effective leader in today’s schools, it’s key for one to define what they believe leadership is order to understand and develop their own leadership style. The pass couple of weeks I have made some eye opening discoveries and resolutions made through various assessment tools, interviews, and scholarly readings.... [tags: Leadership, Situational leadership theory]
1500 words (4.3 pages)
- 1. Do you possess the following leadership qualities that people want in a leader. • Integrity (honesty, trustworthiness, professionalism) o Yes, I believe I possess these qualities and continue to work on them throughout my career. I am honest almost to a fault, sometimes I need to remind myself to hold back because not everything needs to be said people are after all human. My professionalism outside of a leadership role might seem discourteous. Simply because I give my input and opinions even when it is not directly asked of me.... [tags: Leadership, Management, Leadership development]
1623 words (4.6 pages)
- Leadership Paper A leader embodies many characteristics, motivating and inspiring people to bring about change. In the counseling profession leadership is essential, but as a student, it is confusing to understand my role as a leader. Although I have been in various leadership positions, integrating those characteristics into a cohesive style is difficult. West, Bubenz, Osborn, Paez, and Desmond discuss the importance for counseling students to develop a leadership vision and create a plan of implementation.... [tags: Leadership, Skill, Management, Positive psychology]
1449 words (4.1 pages)
- According to the Organizational Behavior textbook, “leadership is the use of non-coercive influence to direct and coordinate the activities of group members to meet a goal” (Griffin, Phillips, and Gully, 2016, p.406). While Jack Welch had some problems as a leader for General Electric, some of his leadership qualities were beneficial to the company and the people. Welch maybe was missing a few aspects of being a great leader, he did have some that made him a good leader. For instance, Welch demonstrated the leader qualities of job-centered behavior, achievement oriented behavior, and transformational leadership.... [tags: Leadership, Management]
901 words (2.6 pages)
- Warren Buffett Warren Buffett, the CEO of Berkshire Hathaway, which owns many different companies, is one of the most successful business leaders of our time. According to Howard (2014), he is the second richest American, coming in at a net worth of over $70 billion. Besides his personal net worth, Berkshire Hathaway is the fifth-most valuable public company in the United States at $350 billion (Howard, 2014). While he is clearly a very wise investor, Warren Buffett is also a successful leader. As stated by Spindler (2010), leadership is a crucial part of any successful business, and good leadership is what Mr.... [tags: Leadership, Management, Berkshire Hathaway]
971 words (2.8 pages)
- ... A leader will prevail. I also try and form the leader i am becoming today by Doctor Allen. He is one of the most influential people in my life. If i have any sort of a problem i ask doc. I ask him about what my life path should be and he gives input i also ask him which club to use on a specific golf shot. Doc is very angry sometimes but most of the time he is only doing it to try and help the person he is yelling at. He tries to teach but most of the assholes at this school do not show enough respect.... [tags: basketball coach, leadership characteristics]
964 words (2.8 pages)
- Interpersonal skills are one of the most important skill to have in the workplace, because good managers will show effective communication and leadership qualities in these skillset. Excellent managers who have great interpersonal skills will make the employees to make close interactive relationship with their manager; workers’ productivity will be increasing and workplace satisfaction will also be improving. Managers have to fully understand the four major management functions in order to be make the workplace more pleasant.... [tags: Management, Leadership, Skills management]
822 words (2.3 pages)
- The dictionary defines leadership as a critical management skill; it is the ability to motivate a group of people toward a common goal. These qualities will help you develop your skills as a leader. Leaders play a very huge role whether the task that they are taking on is big or small. The leaders face special challenges as they try to communicate and interact with their followers and potential followers to understand and know what they think and what they do. Leaders should know that creativity and innovation are the life of their organization.... [tags: Leadership, ]
1173 words (3.4 pages)