... middle of paper ...
...fidence. Engaging in serious discussion can provide teaching opportunities. Encourage others to study important topics and share information. I will need to help others to organize their new knowledge.
I think these assessments have been helpful in clarifying my leadership style. I am confident in how I look at challenges and researching solutions. I seek several solutions and points of view. I look for a win-win outcome whenever possible. I can hard line something when I have to, but I prefer to create the most positive outcome.
I see leadership as a daunting challenge in a school. There are so many factors to consider and how each decision affects so many different aspects of the school environment. I know I need practice in presenting my vision and mission to a staff and being an effective leader to get a community to follow my lead.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Personal Leadership Style In order to have the most successful and efficient leadership skills possible, one must delve into multiple facets of behavior identity. This is successful by personal reflection; for instance, taking the time to answer the Seven Habits Profile can help one learn a lot about their leadership skills and areas that need to be developed. Once these strengths and weaknesses are identified, the results can be examined using a theory such as the Behavioral Leadership Theory. This analysis can help one understand his or her assets, overcome his or her weaknesses, and continue to set future goals.... [tags: Leadership, Management, Behavior, Psychology]
1270 words (3.6 pages)
- Bibliographical Entry Lo, M.C., Ramayah, T., and Min, H.W., (2009). Leadership styles and organizational commitment: a test on Malaysia manufacturing industry. African Journal of Marketing Management, 1 (6), 133-139. Problem In Malaysia it was a common complaint that employees were no more loyal as they used to be in the passed. Employees would tend to leave their companies for slightly better pay due to low commitment. Hence, the biggest challenge for Malaysian organizations was to provoke a sense of commitment and loyalty to their employees.... [tags: Leadership]
940 words (2.7 pages)
- One of the challenges facing nurses today is learning how to be an effective leader. Assessing and analyzing the style of leadership the nurse possesses is the first step in facing the challenge. The purpose of this paper is to analyze and understand the characteristics of my style of leadership from an assessment performed by Gallup Strength Finders and DiSC and compare the strengths I have in common with Eleanor Roosevelt. For me to be an effective leader, I must first evaluate my strengths. I took the Gallup 2.0 Strength Finder report which showed my strengths in an insight and action planning guide.... [tags: Leadership ]
870 words (2.5 pages)
- After taking the StrenghtsQuest and the Holland Interest Inventory I have realized a lot of points that I’ve never realized before. I have realized there are certain things that I did know about but I just never justified the interest in knowing about it. After much consideration I’m honestly not sure if my career that I’m looking into is really what is going to fit my profile. I’m going to tell you my top three scores from the Holland Interest Inventory and the top five StrengthsQuest. I took the Holland Interest Inventory first and my top three characteristics that match me are Social, investigative, and Realistic.... [tags: Self-Analysis]
1136 words (3.2 pages)
- The delivery of successful, effective, and efficient leadership requires an ability to adapt to the ever-changing workplace, as well as the willingness to learn, develop, and grow one’s managerial leadership technique. Becoming an effective leader requires innovation and risk-taking and should promote a leadership approach through self-evaluation and awareness, and the willingness to make the necessary modifications to improve one’s own managerial style. Furthermore, successful managerial leadership requires being an effective listener, being receptive to the needs of a team, as well as the ability to engage others in a way that promotes a sense of teamwork, emphasizing self-worth,... [tags: Leadership, Management, Communication, Skill]
1499 words (4.3 pages)
- I. Introduction: Strategic Profile and Case Analysis Purpose Netflix, Inc. is an American provider of on-demand Internet streaming founded by Reed hasting and Marc Randolph in 1997. Behind this multi billions dollar company, there is unique story of how, Hasting, one of Netflix founder came up with the Idea of Netflix. The idea for a rent-by mail video business came up because he was forced to pay a late fee for an overdue copy of Apollo 13. After he realized no one has ever come up with this business model yet, he then sells his company, Pure Ateria software and invested 2.5 million to a new company called Netflix.... [tags: business strategy]
1962 words (5.6 pages)
- Henry Kissinger is quoted as saying that the task of a leader is to get people from where they are to where they have not been. This is also a reflection of the work of Vroom & Jago (2007) who state that leaders should motivate others to do great things. With correctional workers, effective leadership and management is essential to the safety of other workers. To those housed in correctional facilities, and to the community at large. How new leaders are trained and prepared for their important role is essential to the success of correctional institutions.... [tags: correctional facilities, leadership programs]
1435 words (4.1 pages)
- Of the many ways of classifying and conceptualizing individual differences, some are obvious and quite visible, such as gender, race, language, national origin, social background or class. Other ways rest on less visible but nonetheless influential distinctions such as culture or personality. In this journal I will be concerned with the differences based on the different types of personality profiles according to the Myer Briggs Inventory. I would try to link this differences firstly to my experience working in a team with different personality styles, and secondly to the development of certain leadership skills.... [tags: Personal Reflection]
2077 words (5.9 pages)
- My Strategic Leadership Goal During the SMY year is to build superior capabilities in articulating direction and building ownership within teams that are not directly within my reporting lines. The achievement of the goal will be evidenced by the successful implementation of the current project (and the subsequent post implementation review) by the end of August 2016. This goal is important because as I progress into more strategic roles I will be required more and more to influence key stakeholders, who are likely to not be within my direct reporting line.... [tags: Management, Leadership, Project management]
1579 words (4.5 pages)
- This paper examines both my strengths and weaknesses upon completion of a Competing Values Skills profile. Personal and corporate self-evaluation can help managers diagnose their roles and skills, identify strengths and weaknesses, and develop action plans for improvement breakthroughs (Belasen, 2000, p. 59). First, I will discuss my current skill set that was identified through self-assessment. Next, I will discuss the necessary development plan needed to remedy particular deficiencies and finally, I will discuss how this CVF profile broadened my thinking and how with this information, I can elevate my value and placement in my workplace.... [tags: Management, Big Five personality traits, Time]
886 words (2.5 pages)