When I have a frown, I know exactly where to go to turn it upside down. I am comfortable sharing problems with him because of his advice and ability to relate to my situations. There are not many teachers who will motivate, love, and care for students like he does. He has really helped my journey through high school easier because of his motivational skills and talks. I believe that leadership can take you a long way and allow you to become a role model like never before. In this paper, I will discuss the leadership qualities I want to possess, necessary for my career, and how they will benefit my future. Along with my leadership qualities, I will reveal my mission...
... middle of paper ...
...." NCLEX Examinations. NCSBN, n.d. Web. 13 Nov. 2013.
"Career as a Nurse Anesthetist." Salary Site. N.p., n.d. Web. 13 Nov. 2013.
"College of Nursing and Health Sciences." Nurse Admissions Entrance Test. Valdosta State University, n.d. Web. 13 Nov. 2013.
Darwin, Charles. "Quotes About Adaptability." (19 Quotes). Goodreads, n.d. Web. 13 Nov. 2013.
Davila, Lisa. "How To Become a Nurse Anesthesiologist." Innerbody. N.p., n.d. Web. 11 Nov. 2013.
Kouzes, James, and Barry Posner. The Student Leadership Challenge. San Francisco: A Wiley Imprint, 2008.
Mandino, Og. BrainyQuote. Xplore, n.d. Web. 13 Nov. 2013.
"Registered Nurse: Salary." Registered Nurse Salary Information. US News, n.d. Web. 13 Nov. 2013.
"Top 10 Qualities of a Great Nurse." NursingLink. N.p., n.d. Web. 13 Nov. 2013.
Williams, Ellie. "RN Challenges." Work Chron. Demand Media, n.d. Web. 13 Nov. 2013.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- In international business, having the right leadership skills and approach are important to ensure success. Whether it is Entrepreneurial business venture or managing a corporate organization, the skill sets may be slightly different based on the culture. There are several different theories of approach and skill, but all of the theories agree that cultural intelligence and appropriate education are important for all global leaders. At the Texas A&M University, they have conducted a study to see if the programs and theories that they offer are preparing leaders to be competent global leaders, based on the competencies the Global Leadership and Organizational Behavior Effectiveness (GLOBE)... [tags: Leadership, Situational leadership theory]
1344 words (3.8 pages)
- Discuss the common elements described in the theories/philosophies of Case, Kouzes, and Drucker including how their principles/strategies relate to the new definition of entrepreneurial leadership presented in Understanding Entrepreneurial leader ship in today’s Dynamic Markets. The new definition of entrepreneurial leadership is one of an enterprising, transformational leader who operates in the dynamic market that offers lucrative opportunities. It is also believed that the entrepreneurial leader has the following transformation leader dimensions.... [tags: Leadership ]
1587 words (4.5 pages)
- Leadership Theory Leadership is one of the few factors that can single-handedly predict organizational success or failure, which is why the topic continues to attract much theory and research. The paper discusses leadership theory by reviewing the main leadership approaches developed in the past six decades including the trait approach, behavioral theory, situational leadership, transactional, and transformational approaches. The analysis highlights the tenets of each leadership approach as well as its strengths and weakness.... [tags: Leadership, Management, Trait theory, Psychology]
1846 words (5.3 pages)
- as much as expected behavior is identified through employee role assignment. In this theory, improved outcomes result from reciprocal trust, respect, and responsibility arising from influence shared between leader and subordinate as delineated in designated roles (Shweta & Srirang, 2013). The authors describe decreased quality exchanges occur when interactions between the superior and subordinate take place only under formal, hierarchical, and contractual circumstances. The differentiation between high and low member exchanges occurs fairly early in relationship and remains constant throughout the life of the work relationship (Shweta & Srirang, 2013).... [tags: Leadership, Management, 21st century]
1798 words (5.1 pages)
- A Final Reflection January 12th. I learned something important that day. Walking into the classroom on the first day, I didn 't know what to expect. I had never taken any courses in leadership or management yet, or had any significant leadership positions. The first things that came to mind when I heard the term leadership were famous names of leaders from history, and not what made them considered to be leaders, or how they came about becoming leaders. I was in belief that leadership and management were synonymous terms, and they intimidated me.... [tags: Leadership, Ethics, Management, Mind]
1143 words (3.3 pages)
- Are leaders born or created. Do they manifest in certain situations and not others. Does it depend on the dynamic or even demographics of the followers. In every society there are leaders, people who stand out from the crowd. Such a peculiar role and instrument of human interaction has been the subject of research for centuries. Leader’s use wisdom to guide other or manipulate social situations to gain followers. Over the years, new research promotes new ideas of leadership. Beginning with the trait theorists and Great Man concept through behavioral and situational ideologies, leadership theory is constantly evolving.... [tags: Leadership, Trait theory, Personality traits]
1408 words (4 pages)
- Like much other organization, the criminal justice system also uses many leadership styles to manage their team effectively. It is important for a manager to have certain required standards since the fundamental structure for ascertaining whether a leader is a performer or a non-performer. According to the victim of crime .org criminal justice is a set of agencies that is established by the federal government to control crime and impose penalties on those who violate the laws. Similarly, standards offer an opportunity to assess the candidates’ ethical practices.... [tags: Leadership, Skill, Management, Criminal justice]
1190 words (3.4 pages)
- Looking back over 20 years of service and experience, I have determined that leadership has many attributes. Leadership is not simply “Influencing others to achieve a goal” like the definition the Coast Guard provides. Every leader wants to set and achieve goals for themselves, their subordinates, and the organization but leadership is much more than just achieving those goals. Leadership incorporates elements of respect, dependability, trust, service and empathy; when put together a leader can inspire others to accomplish nearly anything.... [tags: Leadership, Skill, Want, Greatest hits]
1171 words (3.3 pages)
- Introduction Leadership is defined as the art of influencing others for the profitable achievement of organisational goals and objectives (Bryman and Parry, 2013). In a sense, leaders are considered to the most valuable asset of an organisation as they are responsible for moulding the behaviour of employees for pursuing shared goals and objectives of the organisation. According to Bass (1990), leaders within an organisation are transformational as they help employees to differentiate between what is right and wrong, good and bad, beautiful and ugly, as well as important and unimportant.... [tags: integrity, international, communication]
1661 words (4.7 pages)
- Organizational Behavior Terminology and Concepts Paper June 17, 2005 One major corporation that is affected by organizational behavior is the west coast based 24 Hour Fitness, Inc. The company operates and owns more than 300 fitness centers that offer aerobic, cardiovascular, and weight lifting activities to the company’s more than 2.7 million members. Some locations offer even more amenities than those listed. The fitness centers are located in 16 states as well as Europe and Asia (www.hoovers.com).... [tags: essays research papers]
827 words (2.4 pages)