First off, a hero will have good leadership. Leadership is defined by, “leading a person or a group of persons to do something”, according to Dictionary.com. Firstly, an example of a good leader would be Tom Burroughs. He is a Democrat in the Kansas State Legislature and he is the minority leader. A minority leader in the legislature is someone who is the leader of the political party which is smaller than the other party. In Kansas the Democrats are the minority and the Republicans hold the majority. For example, Tom Burroughs is a good leader in the interest that he knows he does not completely fall on party lines and he does not try to hide it. Therefore, he has integrity, which makes a leader more effective and trustworthy, which in turn can get more accomplished. Secondly, another good example of a leader is Tim Cook. He is the C.E.O. at Apple, and he induces many people to buy Apple products. This kind of leader can be a good thing or a bad thing, but either way he is a leader by causing people to do something and he is a hero to Apple by making them lots of money. Therefore, while he might cause many people to buy something they do not need he is still a hero for Apple. Thirdly, Taylor Swift is a leader, and she is a good example of a leader because she pretty much influences a major...
... middle of paper ...
...lly with politics, I just went with what I was taught, but eventually I read the whole New Testament from the Bible, and I quickly started being more liberal than conservative in a lot of ways but conservative in ways I was not. In other words, after going with what others said, I eventually learned on my own what I truly believe and I had to use a lot of sage, and logical thinking to decided what I believe is right and what is wrong.
In conclusion, it takes leadership, passion, and sage, in order to be a good hero especially to multiple people. Leadership is important because how many people it affects, and passion is important for driving us to fight for what we believe and for causing us to e heroes to someone, and then lastly sage is important so heroes know how to handle certain situations. Would you not want someone as a hero that had all of these qualities?
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- In such a corrupt world, there is the need for laws and enforcement of those laws. It is expected that those put in positions to keep those safe, such as politicians, police officers, and firefighters, are actually putting others before themselves, but this is not always the case. Unfortunately, there are many in these types of positions who hold their positions because of gaining income (which is of course of importance) but do not have a strong passion for people. This brings to the case the theory of servant leadership.... [tags: Servant Leadership]
335 words (1 pages)
- Passion: Ministry, Learning, and Leadership From a broad perspective, almost every teenager encounters the same daily struggles. We don’t sleep enough, have too much homework, are busy with extracurricular activities and sports, have relationship issues with friends and significant others, and we have parents who are always in our faces about all of the above. However, every teenager is infinitely unique when one sees their life story and future aspirations. Being unique has been especially difficult for me.... [tags: Learning, High school]
1038 words (3 pages)
- My passion for surgery began to develop when my sister attended physician assistant school. Through every learned skill that came to obtain her degree, hearing about the surgeries she performed was the most exhilarating aspect. It is the rewarding outcomes and intellectual challenges that were so captivating, that my desire to become part of the surgical world could not be contained. Knowing the compassion I have for others and the inspiration of healing through surgery, I knew I would enjoy both patient care and assisting the surgeon.... [tags: Health care, Illness, Patient, Leadership]
719 words (2.1 pages)
- Leadership is a function of all parts of all lives and an important component of human existence. Leadership must foster an environment that is open to advice, and input, provides an environment that fosters buy- in from others who are lead and those who are impacted. Effective nursing leadership has courage, integrity, initiative and the ability to handle stress (Meliniotis, 2015). Successful nursing leadership is committed to excellence, measures the importance of things, builds a culture around service, creates and develops leaders, focuses on employee satisfaction, builds on accountability, aligns behaviors with goals and communicates at all levels (Guyton, 2012).... [tags: Leadership, Nursing, Patient, Patient safety]
1667 words (4.8 pages)
- After high school, generally graduates move to a formal educational institution or go straight in to employment. Eventually both groups find they are working for somebody else. Aspiring to be their own boss, and work to achieve their dreams. Nevertheless, society wonders what makes successful people different. Many believe the difference is the level of formal education. Common keywords to being successful are take action, be persistent, work hard, analyze details, and communicate. Moreover, a practical knowledge or theoretical knowledge is required to succeed.... [tags: Leadership ]
928 words (2.7 pages)
- The Passion of the Christ - The Pathetic Appeal of the Death of Jesus In February 2004, one day after the release of The Passion of the Christ, my girlfriend and I took our seats in the crowded theatre. I came into the night prepared to watch the death of Jesus Christ. However, I had no idea that I would actually be watching the death of Jesus Christ. For ten or more years prior to this night, I had always been told that Jesus had died on a cross for my sins. My parents, my Sunday school teachers, my friends’ parents, and my extended family had, at some time in my youth, told me the story of Jesus from the Gospels of the New Testament (Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John).... [tags: Reflective The Passion of the Christ]
1475 words (4.2 pages)
- Discuss the common elements described in the theories/philosophies of Case, Kouzes, and Drucker including how their principles/strategies relate to the new definition of entrepreneurial leadership presented in Understanding Entrepreneurial leader ship in today’s Dynamic Markets. The new definition of entrepreneurial leadership is one of an enterprising, transformational leader who operates in the dynamic market that offers lucrative opportunities. It is also believed that the entrepreneurial leader has the following transformation leader dimensions.... [tags: Leadership ]
1587 words (4.5 pages)
- In corporate America the term used to describe a person in a position of power is “Manager”. A leader can be a manager, but a manager is not necessarily a leader. Leaders motivate, challenge, and influence others to achieve goals. Great leaders have the necessary skills and attributes which allow them to connect with the team and organization. Being a leader is not the same as managing an organization. Leader’s posses the interpersonal skills needed to influence others to achieve a goal willingly.... [tags: Leadership ]
1501 words (4.3 pages)
- The old system of management has undergone many changes within the last century. An employee once performed the assigned job duties during the allotted hours and then went home. Now employees are encouraged to grow, give input, and to contribute for the good of the organization. There is a plethora of information for leaders to learn why and how to grow personally thus allowing the organization to grow as well. This new emerging leader is a transformational leader. Transformational leadership focuses on what the leader can accomplish instead of his personal characteristics and how his relationship with others.... [tags: Leadership ]
1174 words (3.4 pages)
- Leadership There are at least two things you can say about leadership without sounding stupid or exaggerating, 1) Leaders are important, and secondly 2) There is always a leadership crisis of one kind or another, at any given time; e.g. shortage or incompetence, evil, crooked, inadequate, you name it. As simplistic as these statements may sound, they are paramount to any study or discussion of leadership and its effectiveness. In this paper, I would like to elaborate upon some qualities of a good leader, the relationship between leaders and the followers, the difference between a leader and a manager, between leadership and authority, and finally touch upon the possible evils and misuse of... [tags: Leader Leadership]
1229 words (3.5 pages)
- An Examination Of The Internet Induced Defamation, And The Interpretation On The Fair Credit Reporting Act
- Relationship Between The United States And Other Nations
- The Role Of A Caretaker
- The Fair Credit Reporting Act Of The United States Court Case
- Smoking : Smoking And Smoking
- An Opportunity For Crime Scene Analyst