Throughout my life, I have been fortunate to have many opportunities to take on leadership roles, and to use these roles to influence others in very positive ways. After taking the leadership quizzes or survey, I was able to determine that my personal leadership style is Participative. Participative style is the leadership style where a leader gives team the opportunity to wholly take part in decision making process. It is used by a range of important leaders all over the world, making it one of the most broadly used leadership style. As a Participative leader, my leadership style advocates teamwork. Advocating teamwork is considered strength for my leadership style. This is strength for my leadership style because advocating teamwork gives team members opportunity to participate in the decision-making making process of developing team, and as a result, employees are empowered, and feel a sense that they are a part of the team.
One specific example I ...
... middle of paper ...
...eally a pleasant experience where this is the first step for my journey to improve my English as in speaking and writing.
In my opinion, I believe that my bad leadership experience really inspires me to be a transformational leadership. I wanted to help others where I could use my abilities and skills like my American teammates that helped me in my first semester at Suffolk University. A transformational leadership inspires followers to transcend their own self-interests for the good of the organization and is capable of having a profound and extraordinary effect on their followers. They pay attention to the concerns and developmental needs of individual followers; they change followers’ awareness of issues by helping them to look at old problems in new ways; and they are able to excite, arouse, and inspire followers to put out extra effort to achieve group goals.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Leadership is trait that is extremely important in any society. Leadership is known as the way people attempting to make a difference in a situation. However, I believe that it is better said to be a way of influencing others actions. Leadership is usually connected to a great leader that affected his or her followers in a dynamic way. Throughout the semester for my leadership class, I have expanded the knowledge in numerous ways. I now have fully understanding of the purpose and process of leadership to a society.... [tags: Leadership, Management, Fiedler contingency model]
1358 words (3.9 pages)
- According to the Merriam-Webster Dictionary the word “Role Model” is defined as “a person whose behavior in a particular role is imitated by others” (Role Model, n.d.). With just because you have “followers,” that doesn’t make you a role model. In the article “How Kim Kardashian became a role model we can’t afford to lose” by Andrea Peyser (2016), the word “Role Model” is altered from its positive outlook; to a very broad and loosely used word in today’s society. It’s important to choose who we call “Role Models” and how their outlook can be a positive influence instead of a negative one.... [tags: Role model, Kim Kardashian, Want, Leadership]
1766 words (5 pages)
- Philosophy of Classroom Management Being a male going into the elementary school education profession, I feel that I can be a postitive male role model for students who might lack that kind of male role model leadership needs. One of the first things that I will convey to my students is my philosophy on classroom management. My philosophy can be summed up in just two words: RESPECT and LEADERSHIP. Respect ￼ Just as the picture describes , in order for me to receive respect ; I must first deliver it to my children.... [tags: education, male, role model, respect, leadership]
2672 words (7.6 pages)
- Leadership is an important role. It is the process in which a person influences and motivates others to complete their goals. True leadership begins with a true leader. Therefore, what is the definition of a true leader. A leader is someone who is trust worthy and dependable. A person you can count on to be there for you whenever you need them. A true leader is a person who is positive and has their head on their shoulders and leads by a good example. A leader is someone who is willing to listen to you.... [tags: Role Model, Mission Statement]
1930 words (5.5 pages)
- “My Leader” Some supervisors and managers enthuse and stimulate, but most of them fail despondently to involve their workers and juniors. Although some of them run an extremely efficient team, yet their staff lives and works in panic, whereas, on the other hand, some are just supreme catastrophe and a gag to leaders all over. As far as a true leader in practical life is concerned; I will give this credit to my supervisor Colleen Watson, who is in a true sense a good administrator and role model in her professional career.... [tags: Management, Leadership, Sociology]
1655 words (4.7 pages)
- Q.1. Individuals compare themselves with groups of people who occupy the role to which that individual aspires. The term means: any person who serves as an example whose behavior is emulated by others. Role modelling can serve to reinforce the desired behavior in the role model themselves as well as encourage others to emulate them. A role model in a organisational context is no different from a role model in a family or social context.Their actions, values and behaviors are up held as the ideal and to be desired.... [tags: Management, Leadership, Goal, Sociology]
881 words (2.5 pages)
- What makes a good role model and how can i ensure that I act as a role model for employees I supervise. What makes a good role model is someone who is calm, positive and confident within themselves. Great role models are constantly challenging themselves and learning new things and understand the concept of nobody 's perfect. When they make mistakes they apologise, admit the mistake, and accept accountability while planning on how to correct it. They demonstrate commitment and don 't give up easily and persevere when confronted by obstacles.... [tags: Leadership, Management, Employment, Skill]
1138 words (3.3 pages)
- I grew up with the gender difference between girls and boys. Girls wear pink, play with dolls, horses, and have tea parties. While boys play aggressive sports such as football and hockey. In gym class boys would make sure they had control and had the last word. Girls would be in the back screaming trying to avoid the young immature boys. Now I am 20 years old and equality is getting a lot better. The world have 22 female world leaders the most famous one is Angela Merkel. Merkel is a role model for females with a powerful attitude has she been in office since 2005 for one of the stronger countries Germany.... [tags: Gender, Female, Leadership, Woman]
713 words (2 pages)
- “Active members of this profession, in whatever arena, show that they have the commitment and the enthusiasm to lead libraries of the future” (Gordon, 2004, p. 52). “If you want to develop as a leader, participating in a committee is a good starting place” (Kern, p. 7). “A lot of leadership development happens through active participation on committees...” (p. 6). “We learn through our experiences. Being on a committee or chairing a committee only gets you so far as a leader” (p. 7). “Observation and reflection are one way to improve your own leadership skills” (p.... [tags: mentors, role model]
668 words (1.9 pages)
- A positive role model is defined as a person who serves as an example of the values, attitudes, and behaviours associated with a role. To be a positive role model there are multiple characteristics one must have. To improve the organisation for the good of its staff would be a positive role models desire. They want the business to succeed and always be improving so that the staff can benefit, a positive role model shows commitment to the organisation and the staff. To be a positive role model one must have good judgment and have the ability to see the “big picture”.... [tags: Learning styles, Auditory learning, Role model]
1364 words (3.9 pages)