International and Comparative HRM BHL
Subject : To be effective , leadership and management development must be aligned to organizational strategy. Critically evaluate this statement with reference to key elements of the management development cycle to include:
- Talent management and succession planning
- Competency frameworks
- Performance management systems ; and
- Training and development activities.
- Introduction terms of reference – 200 words
- Defination objectives and purpose of LMD -400 words
- Effectiveness of LMD and link to performance -400 words
- LMD as a strategic process-400 words ( y is strategic / how)
- Talent Management inc link to management development cycle -400 words
- Performance/management and assessment (including competency frameworks) – 400 words(performance of manger)
- Training and Development activities as a part of LMD-400wrds
- Summary and conclusion – 400 words (Keypoints nd do u wnt agree LMD to strategiv organization)
Leadership and Management development both are very essential for an individual as well as an Organizational development.Leadership and management development (LMD) has attracted much interest from academics and practitioner’s alike.Pfeffer (2010) suggests that abot 60% of all companies offer some from of leader or manager development. While there are some significant differences in the reports on LMD spending , it is speculated that LMD is a $250 billion worldwide industry ( Science Encyclopaedia 2010). Every organization in present time needs to develop an organizational strategy which will lead it to create, implement and evaluate decisions within organization to enable it to achieve its long-term objectives. Organizational strategy s...
... middle of paper ...
...s ,competitiveness of organizations and providing programmes that people will pay for , but associated with these are a number of rather diverse philosophical perspectives on the role of management and leadership within organization and how best to develop them.
From a review of the literature Yukl proposes that conditions for successful leadership training include : clear learning objectives : clear , meaningful content, appropriate sequencing of content , appropriate mix of training methods, opportunity for achieve practice, relevant, timely feedback , high trainee self-confidence, and appropriate follow-up activities. Thus a well considered approach that clearly articulates how particular interventions will impact upon management and leadership capacity and , in turn, influence individual and organizational performance is most likely to yield effective results.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- HK International and Comparative HRM BHL Subject : To be effective , leadership and management development must be aligned to organizational strategy. Critically evaluate this statement with reference to key elements of the management development cycle to include: - Talent management and succession planning - Competency frameworks - Performance management systems ; and - Training and development activities. Further Information - Introduction terms of reference – 200 words - Defination objectives and purpose of LMD -400 words - Effectiveness of LMD and link to performance -400 words - LMD as a strategic process-400 words ( y is strategic / how) - Talent Management inc link to management de... [tags: planning, follower]
1297 words (3.7 pages)
- Leadership style is important. It indicates a method that is taken by a certain leader. It can be considered as being directive or even being commanding or even having a collaborative or participative elegance. However, we must know that some leaders tend to be motionless and use a style through different situations that can or will occur in the near future. It is important for the leaders to know what their main style and preferences are (Warner, 2012, para.2). It makes evaluation easier due to the effectiveness of the different styles with a great amount of circumstances that can enhance outcome and positivity.... [tags: Leadership, Management, Leadership development]
819 words (2.3 pages)
- The first concept that we covered in the Master’s program at Baker University was to identify what type of leader you would like to be. At the time we did not have the knowledge but it was setting up the path of deliverables that would be achieved 2 years later. By analyzing the past leadership habits, applying new leadership concepts, thought process and real examples. We not have the tools to understand the individual’s leadership concepts and also organizational leadership concepts. Before I can take the responsible for my leadership style and capabilities I believe that you have to look at your past in order to determine how you got to where you are at.... [tags: Leadership, Management, Leadership development]
1230 words (3.5 pages)
- Introduction Leadership is hard to define, but general and former president of the United States of America Dwight Eisenhower described it best saying, "Leadership is the art of getting someone else to do something you want done because he wants to do it." The quality of leadership is inside every human being, just some of us display the quality of leadership better than others. Some may even say leadership is a quality you are born with, others say leadership is something you can achieve through the workplace or be taught it in school.... [tags: Leadership, Management, Leadership development]
1211 words (3.5 pages)
- Topic Page no. Introduction 3 Importance of Leadership and Management Development 4 About the company 4 Learning Strategy 5 Key Features of Leadership and Management Development Programme 8 Implementation of strategy 9 Evaluation of strategy 10 Conclusion 11 Reference 11 INTRODUCTION Leadership development is a continuous process which helps to expand the learning knowledge and capacity of an individual or of a group to perform in the organization in order to meet the goals and objectives of the company.... [tags: HRM Essays]
3018 words (8.6 pages)
- Leadership the action of leading a person or organization. For me leadership is a relationship. Leadership development is the ongoing process I need to use in order to become a successful leader. Over the years I have gathered leadership traits from those I looked up to, there was plenty to learn and still more to learn today. The biggest leadership influence on me is from the Chiefs at my current unit, Coast Guard Aviation Technical Training Center. If you asked me about my leadership philosophy this time last year the result would be quite different from the leader I am today.... [tags: Leadership, Management, Leadership development]
1198 words (3.4 pages)
- (i) an analysis of the interviewee’s leadership style, leader vs. manager, and which model(s) may be useful to explain it The leader whom I had a privilege to interview works for a reputed financial company and also volunteers in the NYC assembly man office. His leadership style is characterized by inspiring and leading people, creating values and long-range perspectives, developing new ideas and focusing on society. Even though it is hard for him to separate his managerial responsibilities during his work in the financial company, his goals were always oriented towards people and improving his community wellbeing.... [tags: Management, Leadership, Leadership development]
916 words (2.6 pages)
- 1. Do you possess the following leadership qualities that people want in a leader. • Integrity (honesty, trustworthiness, professionalism) o Yes, I believe I possess these qualities and continue to work on them throughout my career. I am honest almost to a fault, sometimes I need to remind myself to hold back because not everything needs to be said people are after all human. My professionalism outside of a leadership role might seem discourteous. Simply because I give my input and opinions even when it is not directly asked of me.... [tags: Leadership, Management, Leadership development]
1623 words (4.6 pages)
- The purpose of this paper is to reflect on “the five discoveries” from the book, Primal Leadership: Realizing the Power of Emotional Intelligence and apply them to my personal leadership development and style. First, I will remark on the development of “the five discoveries”, second, I will connect the key concepts of “the five discoveries” to my personal growth as a leader, and third, I will share the leadership style from the book that I use most comfortably and why. “The Five Discoveries” For more than thirty years, Richard Boyatiz studied and researched leadership development, including the value of the evaluation process.... [tags: Leadership, Management, Leadership development]
1641 words (4.7 pages)
- The King is dead and Lord Tywin is asking Tommen, his grandson (the new King) what he thinks what makes a good King. Tommen lists off attributes such as; holiness, just, and strength. Lord Tywin, agrees that these are all good qualities to have. However, he says holiness is a naïve characteristic to have as a King [leader]. Tywin, explains that being a just King [leader] can leave you in a vulnerable place if you are not careful. Furthermore, having strength as a King [leader] is a very powerful characteristic to have when you have some many others looking towards to lead.... [tags: Leadership, Management, Leadership development]
2019 words (5.8 pages)