What important insights about Leadership did you gain from this course?
Decision making is a critical skill to have as a leader. Employees want leaders who they know they can trust, competent, and able to make effective decisions when needed. Nothing is more trustworthy than knowing that your leader is capable of managing any situation, simple or chaotic, while ethically maintaining their professionalism in the workplace. It is imperative for leaders to be able to adapt to any situation and have no boundaries on how far they would go in supporting their team. As a leader, it is important to be prepared for any crisis. Most of the time it is not the leader’s fault when crisis happen, however, they are looked at for answers. The leader has to be willing to address the situation, admit fault (if any), and provide a strategic plan that will satisfy the needs of those affected by the situation. A strong leader will never back down; they stay committed to taking their team ...
... middle of paper ...
...working experiences. The supplemental material was beneficial as it helped to reinforce the information from the textbook enhancing my comprehension.
Was the textbook appropriate/valuable/useful?
The textbook was a great resource. It was easy to read and informational. I see myself keeping this text book to have to reflect back on for my future courses.
What recommendations would you make to improve this class?
I have noticed in a few of my prior online course that there is an edit option on the discussion thread that allows you to fix a typo or add/delete information after you hit submit. I think this feature is good to have as an option for students if they need to go back and make any corrections to their post. Overall, you are a great instructor. Your engagement and response time with the class is exceptional and I enjoyed being your student, once again.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- There are many definitions of leadership. I believe leadership is defined by Leadership Theories The three leadership theories that have the most influenced on my thinking on leadership and leaders are: the leadership grid, servant leadership, and authentic leadership. Below I will discuss the major components and importance of the selected theories. Leadership Grid The Leadership Grid (formerly The Managerial Grid) is a style leadership model developed by Robert R. Blake and Jane Mouton in the 1960’s (Northouse, 2013).... [tags: Leadership, Management, Servant leadership]
1353 words (3.9 pages)
- Leadership Assessment I recently took the, “How to Find Out Your Style of Leadership assessment, developed by the University of Kent in the United Kingdom, (How to Find Out Your Style of Leadership, 2009). In this assessment, I was asked to answer situational questions based on my preferences in leading my team in my current leadership role. After submitting all of my answers and retrieving the results, I was slightly surprised to see the gap between my two preferred methods of leadership and my two least preferred methods of leadership.... [tags: Leadership, Skill, Leadership development]
1020 words (2.9 pages)
- Leadership approaches have widely evolved over the past century. Its evolution has undoubtedly shaped its focus and meaning. Different leadership approaches, including trait, behavior, situational, relationship, “new leadership,” and others have all played key roles throughout the years (Northouse, 2009). How to pinpoint one’s view on leadership can be a difficult task, but there are a variety of resources to help classify these views. Northouse’s Conceptualizing Leadership Questionnaire is one source that helps identify personal views on leadership, and explores different perceptions associated with leadership.... [tags: Leadership, Situational leadership theory]
1230 words (3.5 pages)
- When I think about leadership the initial thoughts that come to my mind are first, people who like to inspire others, and also people who learn from previous people who are in leadership positions and then they move themselves up to a leadership position overtime in the organization. As we went over the different types of “Leadership Theories” in class the one that stood out the most to me was the servant leadership. This is because as stated in “Introduction to Leadership” it defines leadership as “ … a leader/follower relationship, the assigned leader may not always, in reality, be the real/previewed leader of the followers.”(pg.49) The leadership theory that most associates with this the... [tags: Leadership, Management, Servant leadership]
717 words (2 pages)
- Introduction to the topic This week’s exploration of Chapter Four resulted in valuable lessons learned on the functions of leadership. With much focus on management, it is effective leadership that can be considered the fuel to organization success in that employee’s morale and confidence are often a result of the quality of workplace leadership. Chapter Four explains in detail several concepts of leadership to include leadership styles, trait and behavior theories, value-based leadership, and the Christian Perspective to Leadership.... [tags: Leadership, Management]
1164 words (3.3 pages)
- Leadership Class Summary Leadership is broad topics and it is not an easy goal to achieve. Leadership includes influence, respect, culture understanding, moral and etc. in the first day of leadership class the professor asked what is leadership. Why do we need to follow leaders. We heard different opinion about leadership concept but the best definition of leadership will be. An influence relationship among leaders and followers who intend real changes and outcomes that reflect their shared purpose.... [tags: Leadership, Skill, Servant leadership, Management]
1886 words (5.4 pages)
- Introduction According to Northouse (2009), leadership is a concept of multi-dimensional facets inclusive of skill, ability, inherent qualities, behaviors, and relationships. All or some of these dimensions may be observed in an individual that possesses leadership potential in different combinations and can be recognized when intent to make a change in an organization is for the greater good (2009). Even with good intentions and desires for positive changes, pathways to leadership can be locked with long periods of time and laborious experiences.... [tags: Synergistic Leadership Theory]
1564 words (4.5 pages)
- Honestly when I heard of YLI and signed up to go I was thinking 'what am I getting myself into?' 'I can't believe I paid good money to go to a boring leadership camp. I won't learn anything that I don't already know.' I can't tell you how wrong I was with those initial thoughts. The more I think about it, the more I realize that during those 5 days I learned from some very special people how to become a great leader and a great person, and I was also taught an essential concept that I will use throughout my life: the Rotary Club 4- Way Test.... [tags: servant leadership]
1046 words (3 pages)
- Leadership There are at least two things you can say about leadership without sounding stupid or exaggerating, 1) Leaders are important, and secondly 2) There is always a leadership crisis of one kind or another, at any given time; e.g. shortage or incompetence, evil, crooked, inadequate, you name it. As simplistic as these statements may sound, they are paramount to any study or discussion of leadership and its effectiveness. In this paper, I would like to elaborate upon some qualities of a good leader, the relationship between leaders and the followers, the difference between a leader and a manager, between leadership and authority, and finally touch upon the possible evils and misuse of... [tags: Leader Leadership]
1229 words (3.5 pages)
- Leadership is one of the main areas of study nowadays. A number of books, articles, and research papers are written on this discipline and we receive much information about this. Leadership is a relationship between leaders and followers, and building this relationship requires an appreciation for the personal values of those who would be willing to give their ener¬gy and talents to accomplish shared objectives. Transformational leadership and leader-member exchange are popular theories in the leadership arena.... [tags: Leadership Research Paper Report]
1469 words (4.2 pages)
- The Games Albany Devils : A Whole Group Of Data
- African American Representation Of The Film Industry Has Always Been A Topic For Discussion
- Recycling And Its Effect On People
- The Revolutionary Movement Of The Vietnam War And The Draft
- The Government Of Canada And Its Judicial System
- Is Social Media Good?