Now according to the article 50 Cents did sign a contract that stated that profanity or cursing in public is illegal in the nation of Saint Kitts and Nevis. These laws can be found on the Eastern Caribbean Law website. Legally those that arrested 50 Cents did what they were supposed to do according to their laws within this area. The main question is do the laws prohibiting cursing in publ...
... middle of paper ...
...dia. However the courts have stated that this cannot be done because the First Amendment protects violent expression. It was also stated earlier in the chapter how the First Amendment prevented government censorship of television. It is mentioned how the V-Chip was then created and a Television rating system was put into place. Both of these were put into place to help parents control what their children watch and to determine if a certain program was appropriate for their child. Parents have been given more control over what their children can watch but the system is not perfect. But because of the First Amendment and its protection of violent expression the creators cannot be held liable for the acts of 3rd party viewers. Also there is no way for creators to predict how their content will affect certain people, especially when everyone reacts to things differently.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- PRIORITY: PUBLIC RELATIONS, COMMUNICATIONS AND THOUGHT LEADERSHIP Strengthen and streamline the firm’s public relations and communications functions (including survey responses) and the content development plan for website content and thought leadership that aligns with firm strategy. CASE STUDY: With my background in journalism and media relations, communications is my strongest skill. I have a long and strong track record of successfully developing and executing effective communications strategies across the entire spectrum of internal and external audiences, including clients, business and legal media, and the community in general.... [tags: Mass media, Communication, Team, Lawyer]
708 words (2 pages)
- Regulatory bodies Introduction Regulatory Bodies in the media are the organization that control our day to day media from, film, print, TV and gaming. Their main purpose is to make sure the media is safe, relevant and makes that the media meets certain requirements. It is important to have regulation of the media because the majority of our lives consist on it and we rely on it and we want media to be boundaries. Media content regulation in the UK revolves primarily around codes of practice, drawn up by a wide number of bodies which are largely independent with public consultation.... [tags: Newspaper, Journalism, Mass media, United Kingdom]
1299 words (3.7 pages)
- Mass Media’s Future: Always Evolving to Thrive Mass Communication has been adapting the way it works and spreads as long as it has been present around the world. The industry has changed so much throughout the years and will transform in the future in order to satisfy people 's needs. These days it’s not even considered mass communications because it’s not just a large amount of people who are being given information, but now it’s everybody that eventually receives the information one way or another.... [tags: Time, Future, Communication studies, Past]
737 words (2.1 pages)
- Methods The research for this paper was obtained from scholarly articles, modern journalistic articles, and statistics. Modern journalistic articles provided works to analyze to find examples of good journalism versus bad journalism. Scholarly articles will provide other opinions on what is contributing to the decline in public trust and opinion of media. Finally, statistics gave context and support for the claims that journalism is declining as well as more specific findings. Analysis Media Bias First, one of the most frequently cited reasons that Americans distrust or dislike the media is bias, the partial or prejudiced reporting of a story (Dugger).... [tags: Mass media, Journalism, Journalist]
861 words (2.5 pages)
- edia is one of the tools or channels of communication used to store and convey information or data from one source to the other. In the modern democracy, media play important functions. Mass media is considered essential in the modern democracy. When the media is given freedom of expression by the government. Madison argues that democratic government requires informed and educated society for it to work effectively (166). He further affirms that democracy also imposes problem and require an institutional solution.... [tags: Mass media, Journalism, Journalist, Democracy]
1094 words (3.1 pages)
- In the world of communication, media and varying communication fields are intricately bound together to work collectively and mutually towards the final masterpiece. In the hectic and forever developing field of journalism, communications careers such as writers, advertisers, editors, bloggers, and photographers, constantly intercross and work jointly to convey the full beauty news has to offer. Together, and through the use of numerous media forms, they maintain the equilibrium and standard success the field offers.... [tags: Journalism]
648 words (1.9 pages)
- Code: 11512 10. In a December 2013 Gallup poll, newspaper reporters and TV reporters ranked slightly above lawyers and slightly below local politicians in terms of the public 's view on honesty and ethical standards. Only 21 percent of those polled said newspaper reporters had very high or high ethical standards, and 20 percent said the same of TV reporters. Write an essay based in mass media theory on why the public lacks trust in journalists and journalism. What’s the Deal With Media?: Journalism’s Social Responsibility and the Lack of Public Trust New communications technologies and scandals of reporters fabricating stories have influenced the public’s perception and trust in the media... [tags: Journalism, Mass media, Advertising, Journalist]
1631 words (4.7 pages)
- Social Media and the Negative Effects it has on Journalism Since technology is growing rapidly people turn to social media more than ever to get their information. Whether it is from trending stories on Facebook or Twitter hashtags, social media has the power to leak this information right away. Once this information is posted within seconds most of the world has already seen it. This can be quite crazy to wrap your head around, but it has become a major problem for journalists. Two stories that help to explain these issues are The New York Times article “Falling for the Dylann Roof hoax and Sunil Tripathi Boston Marathon bombing accusations.... [tags: Journalism, Mass media, Ethics, Journalist]
1079 words (3.1 pages)
- Journalism involves researching, reporting, collecting, writing, editing, and spreading news for the worldwide audiences. But is brand journalism the same as journalism. Absolutely. From what we see everyday, political journalism is journalism, sport journalism is also considered journalism, blogs about local or international issues are journalism, even face book or Twitter posts are also journalism. Brand journalism is a company investing in content and becoming a provider of news. It is more, much more, than a series of press releases and product launches (LEWIS, 2012).... [tags: Mass media, Journalism, Advertising]
1614 words (4.6 pages)
- Thirty years ago, if I told you that the primary means of communicating and disseminating information would be a series of interconnected computer networks you would of thought I was watching Star Trek or reading a science fiction novel. In 2010, the future of mass media is upon us today; the Internet. The Internet is and will only grow in the future as the primary means of delivering news, information and entertainment to the vast majority of Americans. Mass media as we know it today will take new shape and form in the next few years with the convergence and migration of three legacy mediums (Television, Radio, Newspaper) into one that is based on the Internet and will replace these mediums... [tags: Journalism ]
1581 words (4.5 pages)
- Surgery Should Be Used Treat Type 2 Diabetes
- A Couple Things The Hooker Electrochemical Corporation Should Have Thought About The Respect For Persons Model And Confidentiality
- Evaluation Of Students ' Perceptions And Implementation Of Professional Learning Communities
- Should Gmos Be Labeled?
- Classification : Classification By Source
- Why I Spend Too Much Time On Media